Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

help with my routine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi girls,
The following is my routine.
am: cleanser
toner
vit C
moisturizer + eye cream
sunscreen

pm: cleanser
toner
retin a

I am thinking of purchasing ren omega 3 serum and dermalogica multivitamin concentrate. Where will they go in my routine?
thanks for the help.
athena
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Are you using retin-a every night? If not you could use the ren omega 3 on the off nights. I would alternate the Dermalogica multivitamin concentrate with the Vit c in the AM.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
athena wrote:
Are you using retin-a every night? If not you could use the ren omega 3 on the off nights. I would alternate the Dermalogica multivitamin concentrate with the Vit c in the AM.

i heard the dermalogica concentrate makes your skin looks sillicony. Is it okay to use it during the day then?
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
..Tono..~ What are your issues?...what are you "working on"? Knowing that would probably open up the ideas/suggestions...and, pardon me, but what's your age range; I can't recall..

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
CyndiK. wrote:
..Tono..~ What are your issues?...what are you "working on"? Knowing that would probably open up the ideas/suggestions...and, pardon me, but what's your age range; I can't recall..

CyndiK: first time I read your post I could not figure out what you meatn by ..Tono..
Its kinda funny actually Very Happy
Anyways, what I want to work on.... hm.... mostly getting nutrients to my skin. My skin can get very dehydrated, and the fact that I do not use any serum at all does not help. I am open to any suggestion about other products beside dermalogica and ren that might be able to give nutrients to my skin. Oh, and yeah, I am in mid twenties.

athena: yes, I am using retin a everynight except for when I am flaring up from eczema. Have been using it for almost a month, and frankly, I havent seen anything different from my skin. Just very little peeling, but nothing major that is mind blowing. Hm...maybe I should use more....
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Well, when I read the routine my first impression was "That's great if you're in your twenties." The sunscreen is so wise (I can't tell you! I had great skin that I couldn't imagine going away, then...anyway...) and I assume the Retin is for blemishes or to keep your face clear of them. Vit.C - check... keep up the anti-oxidants inside & out, eat clean (nutrients), wear the ss everywhere (hands) and even the floppy hat when you can deal with it ~ especially w/ the Retin...or it could bite you in the butt. You know this.

IMOHO, since you're so young, if the strength of the Retin isn't bothering you but your skin is clear I'd stick with it. I use .1% and never peel just flake occasionally, but when I've stopped I see a difference pronto. Retin DOES make my skin dry...and maybe that's what you're experiencing...it doesn't HAVE to be ugly or hurt to be effective.

The more experienced here may have advise re. getting nutrients and serums (what form is your Vit. C in now?), but I'm impressed with what you're doing...and say enjoy your twenties *sigh*. Your issues are preventative ~ Yea for you Tono!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
CyndiK. wrote:
Well, when I read the routine my first impression was "That's great if you're in your twenties." The sunscreen is so wise (I can't tell you! I had great skin that I couldn't imagine going away, then...anyway...) and I assume the Retin is for blemishes or to keep your face clear of them. Vit.C - check... keep up the anti-oxidants inside & out, eat clean (nutrients), wear the ss everywhere (hands) and even the floppy hat when you can deal with it ~ especially w/ the Retin...or it could bite you in the butt. You know this.

IMOHO, since you're so young, if the strength of the Retin isn't bothering you but your skin is clear I'd stick with it. I use .1% and never peel just flake occasionally, but when I've stopped I see a difference pronto. Retin DOES make my skin dry...and maybe that's what you're experiencing...it doesn't HAVE to be ugly or hurt to be effective.

The more experienced here may have advise re. getting nutrients and serums (what form is your Vit. C in now?), but I'm impressed with what you're doing...and say enjoy your twenties *sigh*. Your issues are preventative ~ Yea for you Tono!

I am only using 0.05%. But yeah, it is basically just to keep blemishes and blackheads out. I am using DIY vit C, since I dont see the point of spending so much money on it. My skin is dry and dehydrated because the air in here is so dry(I live in CO). My skin used to not be like this. So yeah, can you give me suggestion on what products might be better than ren and dermalogica concentrate to give nutrients to my skin?
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:47 am      Reply with quote
CyndiK: I also use mask everyday to get nutrients, but I dont think it is enough.
PLease help...
thanks
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |