Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

water with lemon, first thing in the am
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
has changed my life! Please try it!
Suddenly, I don't need coffee, my skin looks brighter and healthier, I feel like I can focus and think more clearly, and I feel like my body is cleansing itself, albeit on a minimal level, daily. I've also been expanding the role of green tea in my diet, and increasing my general intake of liquids, but the wter with lemon first thing in the morning has been a godsend--it makes me feel so good!
Please try it and give me your feedback!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 1:39 am      Reply with quote
I recall my mother used to do this, she swore it was good for the skin and also for the digestive system.

I love my morning cup of coffee though Sad .
Mabsy

Mon May 01, 2006 2:42 am      Reply with quote
I do this also but add manuka honey to it as well. I also try to drink this during the day instead of just drinking plain water (which I don't like).

Mon May 01, 2006 2:43 am      Reply with quote
Btw, any idea what the theory behind this is? Why should you drink water with lemon first thing in the morning Question

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if it makes any difference if I use "real" lemon or the bottled kind.. Question
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 5:10 am      Reply with quote
I like lemon in water all day long. I've always drunk it without sugar. Drinking water also helps you lose weight, is anti-inflammatory and helps your immune system (the last 2 should help your skin). Lemon has some antioxidants, citric acid is good applied to the skin but I don't know what it would do ingested. Skin Actives is selling some sort of lemon extract for skin products.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I have no idea why something so simple like this would be so beneficial...nor do I know the theory behind it. But, I have always drank lots of water and the addition of lemon when I awaken has made all the difference--my body just loves it! A friend of mine said that her sister, who is the healthiest person he knows, does this every morning and swears by it. So, I decided to try it since I had a lemon sitting around. I really was not prepared for the difference it made in how my entire body reacted!
Happy lemon-water drinking,
avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure that lemon is supposed to help to cleanse out the liver and remove toxins, although I have no idea how! I wonder if it would work as well if I chased down the hot water / lemon mix with a big cup of java......
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I do this on a regular basis and have done it off and on throughout the years.

The lemon acts as a kick-start for your digestive tract. That's why it is recommended to be taken in the morning.

I believe it also has a self-cleansing benefit.

When I drink lemon and hot water on a regular basis, there is a noticeable difference in my body. My skin is better, and my body also feels healthier.
mimsy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I do this on and off also. Lemon is a great cleanser and also has an alkalizing effect on the body (even though the fruit itself is acidic). I use an organic lemon, peel the yellow outer skin and leave the white part of the peel on (that part is rich in bioflavonoids), cut it in chunks, remove the seeds and put in in a blender with a cup of cold water and a few drops of stevia. You could use warm water but I wouldn't use hot water because that would destroy all the beneficial enzymes.
Bee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I have always had trouble getting my eight glasses of water each day, until I started to add one ounce of pure cranberry juice and a splash of lemon to each tall glass of ice water. I sip on them all day long. It's bitter and takes some getting used to, but I like it (I suppose stevia could be added for sweetness).

Cranberry protects your teeth and gums from disease-causing bacteria, as well as helping to prevent UTI's. Cranberry also has a ton of antioxidants, so I imagine that might be helpful to skin. The main thing, though, is that I am finally hydrating properly, after being chronically dehydrated for years.

I'm not a big fan of green tea, so I take that in supplement form (I hope that is an okay way to get the benefits).

I'm afraid that nothing can stop me from having my morning cup of java, though! Razz

-B
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I do either lemon with water or ACV with water + honey.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I recently started drinking 3 quarts of water a day. I read an article about a water drinking weight loss regime that told me to drink one quart in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one before dinner (spreading each one out over a period of about an hour). I drink it before each meal. Even though it was hard at first to drink a quart of water before breakfast I've been doing it. I also put lemon juice in it to make it taste a little better. I'm not sure how long I've been doing it, probably just over a week I think? Well anyway, someone on here told me it takes about a month for me to feel and see the overall difference from drinking the water. I think I already feel a difference but it could be the placebo effect. I definitely noticed my body adjusting to it already though since at first I ran to the potty every minute, now it's back to almost normal. I'm going to keep up with drinking this water, it's a lot easer than I first thought... Are you using lemon juice from a bottle or fresh squeezed lemon? Also, about how much do you put in, a strong lemon taste or just a hint? Also, if you'd like a new taste in your water, try a slice of cucumber floating in it. It tastes sooo fresh! Alot of spas do this... it's a great alternative to plain ole water.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I find it hard to drink lots of plain water but adding a bit of lemon just makes it go down easier. I prefer fresh lemon juice rather than the bottled one. The idea of adding a cucumber slice sounds good too! Smile
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
WOW...I thought I was the only lemon and water drinker...its good to see I'm not alone. My name is Chrissie and I am a "Diet Coke addict". Rolling Eyes When I was "using", I was drinking about 6 cans of soda a day. My skin was bad, and I felt like crap. I hated the taste of water, then I read somewhere that using lemon made it taste better. Now I drink 8 glasses of lemon water a day (sometimes I add an Equal and make lemonade), and I'm down to maybe 1 (sometimes none) Diet Cokes a day.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 1:08 am      Reply with quote
I used to drink 2 glasses of lemon water every morning and I did it for about 2 months..

The lemon (or any citrus fruits) taste horrible when you drink it right after brushing your teeth.

Also did the 1Tsp ACV with water for a couple of mornings, but the taste just made me gag.

I think I see more positive changes to my digestion/weight when I eat better on a regular basis.. and then doing the whole lemon juice thing in the morning will boost the effects.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I drink a ton of diet coke! I buy the caffeine-free version because I like the taste better and can kid myself that it's healthier Embarassed .
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Drink the lemon + water BEFORE you brush. It is good to brush your teeth after anything that is either very acidic.
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I thought it was the other way around,- acid being bad for teeth.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Recently in stores they've been selling Lemonade not from concentrate--- do you think it might work well too, or does the sugar mess things up. I did try the ACV in warm water thing, but it totallt made me want to throw up--- is there any way to make it more palatable?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy
It's coincidental that I am researching about balancing body pH when I come across the fact lemon is actually alkaline after being digested, as with most fruits.

For more details, please check out website:

http://www.trans4mind.com/nutrition/pH.html

It is quite a revelation for me - it actually provides a basic premise why some foods are good and some are not.

Cheers
Jenny Cool
Mabsy

Wed May 03, 2006 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Ah, thanks for the explanations. That makes more sense now - not that I would have stopped drinking it if it didn't Smile

jenny - sounds intersting, who would have thought that something so acidic has alkaline forming tendencies! Weird!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 4:03 am      Reply with quote
OK for those who gag at the ACV and water (I do too) - try these:

- Dont use still water - mix it with perrier or similar (makes a HUGE difference and is SO refreshing in summer)

- dont overdo it. A 1:5 (max 2:5) ratio is best

- ACV and Black Vinegar are DELICIOUS if drunk with apple juice (we only buy 100% juice that is NOT from concentrate)

- as you are swallowing it, do not take a breath in.. sometimes the acidic nature can cause my throat to contract and I start coughing Laughing
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
I thought it was the other way around,- acid being bad for teeth.

I think you're right Sharkbait... Brushing teeth after acidic intake damages the enamel...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips Tiger_Tim! Do you still feel like you get the same benefits by drinking ACV with apple juice instead of water? If so, that sounds like the way to go for me!! Drinking it with still water darn near killed me, LOL.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |