Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
water with lemon, first thing in the am
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Drinking water with lemon ONCE a day will not harm your teeth, but if you drink it frequently it definitely will! After drinking it, if you run your tongue over your teeth, they will feel chalky. This is because the acid in the lemon has softened the calcium. It takes about an hour for it to harden again, and you must NEVER brush your teeth until it's hardened, as this will damage the enamel.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have been drinking water with the juice of half a lemon first thing in the morning for about 4 years and my teeth are in perfect condition, no enamel problems at all. For those of you worried about the enamel issue, use a straw or simply rinse your mouth with plain water as soon as you have drunk the lemon water.

Another use for the squeezed out lemon half. Simply pop it into a glass jug of water so that it flavours the water and makes it more interesting to drink. You can also do this with orange rinds. You will be suprised at how strong the flavour is. The pith and rind of citrus fruits contains a lot of valuable nutrients including rutin and biovflavanoids that help strengthen our capillaries.
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:11 am      Reply with quote
I drink honey water every AM and I think it's good, too.
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:15 am      Reply with quote
Reading this thread remined me that I used to like doing this, so I have started up again! Smile

I have a big glass of warm water with the juice of 1/2 a lemon, first thing. It helps clear out acids that have accumulated in your body overnight, alkalises your body, and you feel a lot fresher. I always use a straw to avoid hurting enamel, I have friends that have softened the enamel by drinking it straight ..
magmajuice

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I am gonna try this tomorrow morning. seems like a great idea already! Smile
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
If you don't eat a lot of sugar or salt, you shouldn't drink water which flushes out minerals and electrolytes:
http://180degreehealth.com/2011/08/water-is-it-good-or-bad
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Does everybody do hot or cold water in the morning? I'm not sure if I could go without my morning cup of tea, I look forward to it.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Delicious, and very good for you!

I also make detox tea with lemon, cayenne, and cinnamon. Boosts your metabolism like no other!
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:22 am      Reply with quote
My dentist was aghast when I told him I did this. But when he left the room the hygienist suggested I drink through a straw. I'm still doing it that way.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
existential lady wrote:
My dentist was aghast when I told him I did this. But when he left the room the hygienist suggested I drink through a straw. I'm still doing it that way.

Absolutely. He's right. I used to drink ice water with lemon all the time and it really did a number on my enamel. Very expensive mistake to correct.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
LGerber, would you provide the recipe for your lemon, cayenne, cinnamon tea?

Everything I post seems like deja-vu here, but for what its worth I drink a glass or two of water with either lemon or a shot of acv in it first thing in the morning... sometimes with blackstrap mollasses or honey added. I follow with a couple of cups of green tea, then black tea, all drinking it in a way that hopefully bypasses my front teeth!
Then mostly warm water throughout the day.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
carolb
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
I read once that an Doctor said if everyone did this in the morning I would be out of work! I try to do it but sometimes the coffee wins out!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |