Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

water with lemon, first thing in the am
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I don't really see why it would negate any of the goodness. Just as an FYI, the black vinegar we have is made from brown rice, so it has lots of health benefits.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yes...lemon makes body's pH level alkaline...and less acidic the body is the better it is since diseases thrive in acidic environment.....there is also some relation with sugar levels in the body(cant remember at this moment...what).....But all in all this can do a lot of good to an average person.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Well I'm glad I read this post. I went on a daily hot water and lemon routine for about 2 months over the winter and than somehow just stopped. I thought it was a great way during those months to warm the body and help ward off colds but it's also great for detoxifying and of course hydrating. I do still drink water on a daily basis with sometimes lime or lemon but now that I've read this post I think I'm going to try and start doing this every morning again. Don't you just love how the universe tries to send us reminders? LOL Wink
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
another beauty routine for me Laughing
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I tried that so a little while but it made my stomach sick. Maybe I had put too much lemon.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I too drink lemon-water every morning. My recipe is 1/2 lemon in a cup of warm water. I am so used to it that I don't mind the bitter/sour taste at all.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
i have just started this lemon with water, i have started drinking it luke warm with a table spoon of pure lemon that has no added sugar on anything in, i flush easily and have senstive skin and have always cut out eating citrus thinking as it would make my skin flush. i have seen a few posts on the net saying how good it is for skin so im going to give a try, is a table spoon too a little amount to get get any benefit?how much should i put in water though i dont want to over do it and cause my skin to flush?anyone found it made them flush?
sharmy
5% products discount

Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I my self drink (500ml) warm water + 1 table spoon of fresh lemon juice + 1 table spoon of pure honey for about two months. The result is amazing. At first time I was drinking this to purify my blood but after a month I noticed my skin colour became two shade brighten. After that I love to drink it every morning but I usually got up after 9 or 10 am Laughing . Before that I was searching a lot about whitening cream and pills. Now I am very happy the way my skin improving. I wish I could have been found this before anyway better late than never Very Happy
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:40 am      Reply with quote
so why does lemon juic in water good for ur body? I still don't get it..... And many of u say that it's good for ur skin, so what improvements did u notice then? And how long do u see the results? Shock
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:36 am      Reply with quote
I did try this once and must have been the Citric Acid but it made me feel so hungry!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried this lemon+water routine last month. At first I started with half a lemon + full glass of warm water...but my stomach couldn't stand it. So I cut down the lemon juice to 1 table spoon + 250ml warm water. The result is pretty satisfactory. My skin tone is at least one shade lighter. I decided to take a one-month's break and will do it again in July.
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:41 am      Reply with quote
i am going to have to try this!
glee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I drink this lemon and warm water drink every morning. Lately I've added one one of extra virgin olive oil to it. I know some of you might think it's gross, but it's ok. I heard that by adding a drop of extra virgin olive oil to it, you help protect your liver!
Dana26
5% products discount

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
this is what I found on the web....

Lemon water helps unblock stagnant and clogged chi in the body. Chi needs to flow effortlessly and harmoniously if the body is to be in a healthy state. Lemon water is a good morning drink to start the process of removing impure chi in the body.

Benefits
Cleanses the digestive system.It relieves symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, bloating and belching. Controls constipation and diarrhea by eliminating waste more efficiently.
Good Source of Vitamin C. It enhances the beauty of your skin. Drinking the lemon juice rejuvenates the skin from within.
Cleanses the Liver. It aids in eliminating waste in the liver.
Stimulates digestion and elimination. Have a glass of lemon water in the morning before you eat to awaken your digestion and elimination systems.
Lemon Water Recipe
1/2 a lemon (organic is best)
1 cup of warm water (spring or distilled water)
Squeeze 1/2 a lemon into a cup of water. The lemon water should make your lips pucker. You will get the most benefits if you can taste the lemon.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
The problem I had with this when I tried it not too long ago, was with teeth sensitivity/sore gums. Anyone know a way to get around that? I had to quit it because of that but I really liked how it helped my digestion.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
The problem I had with this when I tried it not too long ago, was with teeth sensitivity/sore gums. Anyone know a way to get around that? I had to quit it because of that but I really liked how it helped my digestion.

You might want to try a straw. Keeps the acidity away from the teeth and gums. HTH!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this today when I woke up. It's great!
Tomorrow I will try it with the olive oil.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Does it need to be fresh squeezed lemon or can I use the lemon juice from those plastic lemons things? Also, I do drink tap water often but does this also work well with sparkling no flavour water?
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
More food for thought---

I know a gal who is really into healthy eating and living and skincare, etc etc etc and she told me to drink lots of Pelligrino water or Perrier. Something about the mineral content was a good alkalizer for your body. hmm

Anyone heard this about mineral water??
Wein
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen Perrier around, but Pelligrino water? Is it spring water from italy?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Wein, it is San Pellegrino and it is SO much nicer than Perrier even. We buy it buy the case in our house (but only since we found it at Costco by the case for 1/2 the price other places sell it for).

Re the lemon juice, what we do is buy a good sized bag of them, stand and squeeze them all the put the juice into ice cube trays (you could even add a drop of olive oil to each one I guess, but we hae not tried that). Then just freeze them, pop them out and bag them.. then each morning, drop one frozen cube into the warm water and it will melt and hey, presto, instant pure juice in warm water!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Excellent idea tiger_tim! Though, no worries about the freshness?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Well, we do a tray at a time, which is about 3or4 lemons for 12 ice-cubes. So, one person would use them up in just under 2 weeks - that would be no problem. I would not do a stack of them and then keep for months though. We usually have a bit over 1 tablespoon in each cube I guess.

We also do the same with LIMES and then use them as ice-cubes in our San Pellegrino! Very refreshing!

5% products discount

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:

We also do the same with LIMES and then use them as ice-cubes in our San Pellegrino! Very refreshing!

This sounds yummy! I'm going to have to go grocery shopping after work today!
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Excellent idea Tiger Tim!!! Yes, I much prefer Pelligrino to Perrier. It's a must try for those who have not tasted mineral waters. I only wonder what the benefit is??
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |