Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

water with lemon, first thing in the am
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I've been drinking hot water with 1/2 a lemon for a few months now since reading this thread, but I have to add quite a bit of honey, about 2 good teaspoons, to sweeten it, does anyone know if its as still as effective? I use organic pure honey.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Mix, I'd say so. The first thing in the AM rec is to give your body a jump start w/the lemon. I have and do drink water w/lemon in the evening. In fact, I've started adding one of my little frozen lemon friends to my night-time hot water/Night Calm (magnesium) drink.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I've been drinking a mug of hot water with ACV in the morning, instead of my usual tea, and a cup of no - caff coffee ( which is actually roasted chicory, and not coffee at all ) mid morning, and then a cup of miso in the afternoon instead of tea.

I'm doing this to try to make my body more alkiline, as my digestion was getting very poor.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I should get back in to this, my music teacher recommends it, but with a pinch of giner. Lovely stuff. You really do feel better for it. Smile

Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Just on the note of water, with or without lemon, what is the real amount that people are supposed to drink each day? I feel like there are a bunch of different answers and I never know who to trust. I know a lot is good for a lot of reasons, but what's the goal equation?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Avalange I agree with the lemon and water too first thing in the a.m. But thought you might like this tidbit. Eat only fruit in the morning until noon, as much as you like and you'll feel twice as good! (And lose 5 lbs is an added benefit!)I kknow, because it worked for me!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ, that's interesting - how long did it take you to lose 5lbs?

I just bought a juicer and decided to only have juice before noon. I guess this is the same principle.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
NClarkSpear wrote:
Just on the note of water, with or without lemon, what is the real amount that people are supposed to drink each day? I feel like there are a bunch of different answers and I never know who to trust. I know a lot is good for a lot of reasons, but what's the goal equation?

2 liters (8 x 250ml cups) a day is the standard, but you would need to increase this if the weather is excessively hot or dry.

I usually take in water at the rate of 150 ml every half hour during the work day (I have a little glass I keep full and just grab and glug down - I also keep a 1.5 ltr bottle of water on my desk and it is empty at the end of my 6-hr shift). Add to that a couple glasses at home in the morning and in the evening and I am up to about 2.5 - 3 ltr a day.

5% products discount

Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I try to drink half my body weight in ounces of water a day. For example if you weigh 120 lbs. drink 60 ounces of water. I put a slice of lemon in each bottle.
SoniaK1
5% products discount

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've been trying this for a couple of weeks and I have to say it's doing wonders for my body! I usually get the munchies like CRAZY around that time of the month and so always end up packing on a couple of pounds. However, this time around I still ate the same amount - which is a lot, but no water/weight gain! I really attribute it to drinking lemon water. It must have sent my metabolism through the roof! I just use a lemon reamer for 1/2 lemon int he morning and drink it down with a cup of water. I also try to squeeze lemon into my water whenever I get the chance throughout the day. It really really works!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I had been eating fruits in the morning until noon for years, and have not lost any weight. But it is considered a much better choice for one's health.

I was recommended a "fruit" shake - 2 types of fruit (apples + berries), protein, apple juice (better if you have kefir), and to that I add some supplements - calcium, green mix, lecithin, colostrum, carnosine; also a little bit of cocunut oil (has to do with glycemic index and some vitamins can be absorbed only if you have some fat, and it is also an appetite suppressant.)

I was also recommended to have a glass of hot water with the juice of one lemon in the morning (to change acid/alkaline balance).

In turms of drinking water - I was told by a nutrinionist (who is also a Ph.D. in BioChem) that is very important what kind of water it is, how it was kept, etc. - some plastic containers outgas some chemicals, some water is contaminated, etc.

One of the best in his opinion was Nariwa (from Japan) or Penta (this is local).

HTH,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'm doing it too now but am having an issue with the water temperature. Cold or room temp just doesn't taste good. Warmer and I worry that I'm undoing the good by the water being to hot for the lemon's nutrients. So what temp are you all using??

Michele
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Quite warm.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Glass of warm water and a squeeze of lemon juice first thing in the morning, wakes up your body and kick-starts your metabolism. It really is a simple, in-expensive, no-fuss way to assist in general well-being...for your body & your skin. I highly recommend it!
ablubo80
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
this is my first post, i am so glad i found this site. i love reading the posts and i have learned so much from everyone.
i go to LA Weight Loss and we are required to drink 8 oz a day. the counselors there STRONGLY encourage us to put lemon in our water. just a slice. however, they say the squeezed juice is no good, has to be the real thing. they also say to drink it warm, not hot. it's supposed to help the body detoxify and prevent the body from retaining excess water.
they've also said it is healthy to drink up to half your weight in water a day.
hope this helps Smile
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Catski, sorry it took this long to reply. Life is busy. Actually it didn't take me long to lose this 5 lbs when I was only eating fruit for half a day. Just good eating will do it. I would say, in 2 weeks it took me. At first you will lose water, because fruit actually is mostly water and enters the bloodstream within 30 minutes. So YOU WILL feel better instantly when you start juicing. Hope you find some use for all that pulp. I use mine to make muffins, pancakes etc.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Every morning = Warm Water + Honey + 3 slice lemon
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:56 am      Reply with quote
would it cause gastric problems, having water with lemon first thing in the morning? i am always avoid taking acidic drinks/food with empty stomach.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Actually it might for some people.
I was never able to tolerate any vinegars, causes immediate stomach irritation. I know of several people who could not take lemin water even with honey.

So you have to be careful and try for yourself.

HTH,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys,

My body produces a lot of kidney stones and so I was told by my urologist to drink water with a few drops of lemon juice as much as I can. Apparently the acid in the lemon juice will bind to oxolates in my body and prevent stones from forming. I hated the taste so I didn't really drink it, but drink tonnes of regular water instead. But then I read this thread and some of you posted other benefits of drinking it first thing in the morning.
Well I have done this about 4 times and holy crap! (Literally). I had like 4 bowel movements each day I drank it.
I used the lemon juice you get in a bottle, not fresh.
I think I am going to maybe do this once a week or once every other week, cuz everyday is a bit too much to handle for me!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
kandaboersma wrote:

hope this helps Smile

Here is a formula to figure out how much water you should be drinking- if you want to drink 1/2 your weight in water

Divide your weight by 2, lets say your 120lbs (120lbs/2) = 60
this gives you the number of ounces you will need to drink.
There are about 8 ounces in an average glass (60 / Cool= 7.5 glasses. (sixty divided by eight) (the face with the shades keeps coming up when I enter 8 in the formula)

Want to know in liters?
There are 33.81 ounces in 1 liter
(60 ounces/33.81 ounces per liter)= 1.77 liter.

I try to drink about 3 liters a day- which is much more than half my body weight, but its becuase I have a kidney stone problem, I need to make sure my body is always hydrated and flushing waste out.

But be careful not to over hydrate yourself (water only)- you could potentially dilute your electroyltes and cause more serious health problems.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I also drink lemon water or green tea with lemon every morning. I think it helps with weight loss because it fills your stomach and is also healthful. I don't think adding honey is a great idea because having a sugar spike first thing in the morning will only increase cravings.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I think it should be freshly szueezed lemon juice. the one from the bottle has some chemicals added to it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yes fresh squeezed lemon juice is preferable & more effective and because it's pure with no additives..
ablubo80
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
kandaboersma wrote:

hope this helps Smile

Here is a formula to figure out how much water you should be drinking- if you want to drink 1/2 your weight in water

Divide your weight by 2, lets say your 120lbs (120lbs/2) = 60
this gives you the number of ounces you will need to drink.
There are about 8 ounces in an average glass (60 / Cool= 7.5 glasses. (sixty divided by eight) (the face with the shades keeps coming up when I enter 8 in the formula)

Want to know in liters?
There are 33.81 ounces in 1 liter
(60 ounces/33.81 ounces per liter)= 1.77 liter.

I try to drink about 3 liters a day- which is much more than half my body weight, but its becuase I have a kidney stone problem, I need to make sure my body is always hydrated and flushing waste out.

But be careful not to over hydrate yourself (water only)- you could potentially dilute your electroyltes and cause more serious health problems.

yes, sorry i wasn't very clear on that. thanks!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |