Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
water with lemon, first thing in the am
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried!! but the taste is so horrible and the acid killed my empty stomach. Won't do it anyhow definitely! watchout girls..
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
I'm sure that lemon is supposed to help to cleanse out the liver and remove toxins, although I have no idea how! I wonder if it would work as well if I chased down the hot water / lemon mix with a big cup of java......

That would be my approach also.... Very Happy
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Lemon + honey + water in the morning sounds great. I will definitely try it after reading so many posts with positive feedback. Does it matter if I just use a Brita filter for the water, or does it have to be bottled water?
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
sweet28 wrote:
Lemon + honey + water in the morning sounds great. I will definitely try it after reading so many posts with positive feedback. Does it matter if I just use a Brita filter for the water, or does it have to be bottled water?

IMH), Brita is great (I'm a Brita user, myself) -- As a matter of fact I've heard that there is some question as to whether the storage of water in the plastic bottles is healthy...I know that the Brita pitcher is plastic, but the water moves through it more quickly (I suspect) than bottled water (who knows how long it has been on the shelf!)
Pudoodles
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:00 am      Reply with quote
There are some super galactic water filters also, that make your water more alkaline.. I have been glancing at them lately and then running away, because of the price.

Anyone here use a really sophisticated water filtering system?
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
sweet28 wrote:

IMH), Brita is great (I'm a Brita user, myself) -- As a matter of fact I've heard that there is some question as to whether the storage of water in the plastic bottles is healthy...I know that the Brita pitcher is plastic, but the water moves through it more quickly (I suspect) than bottled water (who knows how long it has been on the shelf!)
Pudoodles

From what I've heard the concern is with plastic bottles that are used more than once...even the bottles that are made to be used again and again. I also heard that heat will speed up the release of chemicals from the plastic. So, it's a big no-no to leave it in your car in the sun. Wild Oats (a store like Whole Foods) carries "plastic" water bottles (not with water just the bottle) that don't leach chemicals. It feels and looks like hard plastic but I seem to remember that it's not actually plastic. I have one and love it but the label is gone so I have no idea who makes it. I'll see if I can find out.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I love lemon juice with honey!!
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Me too Poohlisey! It's nice and refreshing in the morning but at the same time not too acidic on an empty stomach. Very Happy

Misha, are these bottles the same as the Nalgene(?) sports bottles? They are suppose to be inert and not react with the water.
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone else lost weight? Since starting this about 4 months ago, I've lost a stone! I did join a gym 3 months ago, but from past experience, exercise alone didn't make any real difference to my weight, but since drinking warm water with lemon in the morning, it seems to have woken my digestive system up. I'm not dieting or cutting down on food at all, so I can only put it down to this. A big thanks to Avalange for introducing me to this, as I'm definitely feeling much more alert and have much more energy. Anyone starting doing this, give it time, as it was a couple of months before I saw or felt a difference, but I can highly recommend it!
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
sweet28 wrote:

Misha, are these bottles the same as the Nalgene(?) sports bottles? They are suppose to be inert and not react with the water.

It looks like it's the same thing as Nalgene. It's made out of polycarbonate. I don't know much about these bottles but just heard that these don't leach chemicals. Here's a link to the bottle I have http://www.newwaveenviro.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8_2_10
elsiej123
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just discovered this from a different source! I call it my 'liver cleanse'. As I like to imbibe in a little wine, I enjoy the idea that I'm helping my liver repair itself everyday! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Lemon & honey is really good for body detoxing.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
for the girls on the lemon and water or lemon, water and honey routine, please share how much lemon to water you use or how much lemon, honey and water you use!

after reading all the threads, it seems that we should start with
1 tbsp lemon juice with 250ml water.

do we bump that up along the way? or stay with it?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
for the girls on the lemon and water or lemon, water and honey routine, please share how much lemon to water you use or how much lemon, honey and water you use!

after reading all the threads, it seems that we should start with
1 tbsp lemon juice with 250ml water.

do we bump that up along the way? or stay with it?

I add A LOT of lemon juice!! I use fresh lemons, and add enough honey to make it sweet. Not too sweet though.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
a lot? *wince*

so i should aim to move up to 1/2 a lemon's worth of juice perhaps?

my mouth is salivating at the though! LoL
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
I love to eat lemons but don't drink as much water as I should...I think trying this would be good for me! Probably be better for my teeth too Smile
(don't worry I don't eat lemons that often..only when there is an extra half laying around that probably won't get used otherwise)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
a lot? *wince*

so i should aim to move up to 1/2 a lemon's worth of juice perhaps?

my mouth is salivating at the though! LoL

Yup! Sometimes I even sqeeze that much!! Very Happy I love lemon & honey juice! Very Happy Very Happy
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sundew wrote:
I love to eat lemons but don't drink as much water as I should...I think trying this would be good for me! Probably be better for my teeth too Smile
(don't worry I don't eat lemons that often..only when there is an extra half laying around that probably won't get used otherwise)

That sounds SOUR! Drool Drool Drool LOL! What's wrong with eating lemons? Lemons are good for body detoxing though! The more, the better? Razz
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:13 am      Reply with quote
Sundew, i can't imagine that! *shudder*
do you mean pure lemone or sucking on a lemon with sugar?
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I thought plain water is good enough...
I can't take too sour and cold in the morning.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
I thought plain water is good enough...
I can't take too sour and cold in the morning.

You can mix it with honey if it's too sour for you. Very Happy
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:

Pure lemon with salt...drink all the juice then dig out and eat the pulp.
I'm not right..I like pickle juice too Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Sundew wrote:
snowstar wrote:

Pure lemon with salt...drink all the juice then dig out and eat the pulp.
I'm not right..I like pickle juice too Embarassed

You are soo quirky! Surprised
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I'm not too sure about this but for a bottle that's made of plastic yet won't be 'chemically-harmful' perhaps you can try Nalgene? I know it's some special plastic/material?

And after reading all the postings I feel like starting my lemon-honey drink in the mornings again. I used to a while back when I was into detox and then I got too lazy Embarassed Should start again especially since I've been gaining weight and my complexion is starting to show signs of suffering Sad Sigh...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've been drinking ACV with water, and the taste is awful. I am beginning to hate this routine. Is the water with lemon going to taste any better? How much lemon? Is lime ok as a sub?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |