Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
water with lemon, first thing in the am
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
i was drinking ACV with honey and water last year, but had to stop after a few days because all the grimacing was giving me wrinkles! i am gonna run out and get apple juice then and try it again Smile

also, i remember i used to squeeze half a lemon into my green tea (after it cooled a bit) years ago. this thread reminded me of that, so thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:04 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
i was drinking ACV with honey and water last year, but had to stop after a few days because all the grimacing was giving me wrinkles! i am gonna run out and get apple juice then and try it again Smile

You will LOVE vinegar with apple juice. Factor on about 1/2-1tab for 3-4oz (we do about 100ml) of juice.

Last summer, I also use to put just 1 tsp in a 200ml glass of iced water for a refreshing drink too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
i have been doing this since reading this the other day and it feels amazing!
spa_cake
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't lemon bad for your teeth's enamel? Bad Grin

Just can't win, can we?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
spa_cake wrote:
Isn't lemon bad for your teeth's enamel? Bad Grin

Just can't win, can we?

Using a straw can help with this (I have no trouble though glugging liquid straight down), but it is also a good idea to give the mouth a quick rinse with some plain water after drinking it I guess. Never really thought about it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Does it have to be FRESH lemon or can you use the lemon juice in the little plastic lemon-shaped squeezers? And does it have to be WARM lemon with water, or will a cold mix work too?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
well, I guess bottled lemon is better than nothing - BUT it has preservatives, the nutritious pulp is taken out and it tastes SO much worse.

Warm water is what I was always told for first thing in the morning - even without lemon. I am 40 and even when I was a kid, my father always nagged me to have a glass of warm water when I got up first thing in the morning.

I would certainly not recomment cold water from the fridge first thing - iced water can cause stomach upsets (which is why you should not drink too much iced water in summer)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I always have add freshly squeezed lemon and honey to my morning water Smile I think it's better to drink the fresh ones. I cut up a lemon into 8 pieces (you can also do four), keep it in the fridge, and just squeeze a piece each morning. Lemon is not only a great anti-oxident, but clears out your digestive system. Also, even though it contains citric ACID, it is actually BASIC once digested. It has been shown that most people have a body that leans towards acidity, which has actually been linked to cancer! A Japanese research team has shown that 85% of cancer patients have acidic bodies. A similar study in the States was done as well. So anything basic that is added to your diet is a good thing! ok, enough rambling Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I used to go to Weight Watchers and they always recommended to drink water with lemon first thing in the morning.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
i was reading an article about the magic of potato juice
many ppl have claimed that a glass of potato juice every day morning makes a huge difference i.e. improves skin texture, helps with eczema, helps normalizing blood pressure....
i've done the water with lemon and i love it..it's very refreshing to start a day with vit c =)
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this this morning. How much juice do you add per cup of water? How many cups of water should we drink to notice an effect, the usual 8 glasses?

Thanks.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
milodomi wrote:
i was reading an article about the magic of potato juice
many ppl have claimed that a glass of potato juice every day morning makes a huge difference i.e. improves skin texture, helps with eczema, helps normalizing blood pressure....

Yes! potato juice (or even the water you soak potatos in) is very good for eczema. I guess that is what they used "in the olden days" Laughing Not sure I would like to drink it though.. I only ever knew of it done as a compress...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Tiger_tim, I just wanted to thank you for bringing this idea back up. I used to do it years ago but this reminded me how wonderful it is as a practice.

Oh, and your idea about freezing the lemon juice - brilliant! I peeled 8 lemons but left the pith on (white stuff), juiced them in my juicer and put them into ice trays! Worked perfectly and now I just drop one into my hot water. Yay!!!

It's especially lovely for the cool autumn days since I don't drink coffee and rarely tea.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
jenny wrote:
Hi Mabsy
It's coincidental that I am researching about balancing body pH when I come across the fact lemon is actually alkaline after being digested, as with most fruits.

For more details, please check out website:

http://www.trans4mind.com/nutrition/pH.html

It is quite a revelation for me - it actually provides a basic premise why some foods are good and some are not.

Cheers
Jenny Cool

what you mean by alkaline ?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
So only one full glass of lemon warm water is reccommended in the morning when you get up? Can I drink two full glasses? or would that just push it?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a lime fanatic. I use these new little packets of crystallized lime called 'True Lime' and put it in my water/ iced tea/ even diet coke.

I figured it would be the same as lemon or close, but Im not sure. They make 'True Lemon' for us lazier people too.
DIY Girl
5% products discount

Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have started up with the ACV in water in the morning - however, I have found that it is MUCH easier to get down if the water is cool-cold from the tap (not ice-cold from the fridge). I haven't noticed stomach upsets from this - unless I make my ACV-water ratio too high.

Why do you all prefer warm water?? Is there some benefit to this?

MixCD - Just take it slowly - too much may upset your stomach. At one time I was drinking a whole lemon's worth of juice in a glass of water at once and it didn't bother me. Note that it may cause your skin to purge, however, resulting in breakouts as your body cleans itself out rapidly and adjusts itself.
violetjxl
5% products discount

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have to add some honey, otherwise it's too sour.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
violetjxl wrote:
I have to add some honey, otherwise it's too sour.

are you using fresh lemons? We squeeze one fresh lemon and split between 2 glasses (including the pulp), add about 4oz of water (not tap, bottled) and just drink it down and whilst is is a bit tart, it is not unbearable at all.

I doubt this could be done with the bottled stuff.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
mixCD wrote:
jenny wrote:
Hi Mabsy
It's coincidental that I am researching about balancing body pH when I come across the fact lemon is actually alkaline after being digested, as with most fruits.

For more details, please check out website:

http://www.trans4mind.com/nutrition/pH.html

It is quite a revelation for me - it actually provides a basic premise why some foods are good and some are not.

Cheers
Jenny Cool

what you mean by alkaline ?

That means it has a low PH balance. Reasearch shows that food with acidity PH balance, such as red meat can cause several health problem. Alkaline food will neutralize the acidity in the blood - some ppl call it detoxification.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I do not use lemon concentrate but a fresh lemon and then throw a few slices into the water jug. Yesterday when my doc asked how much water I was drinking, I replied a half gallon like you suggested, which he then said was not enough. What? He said a half gallon was just keep enough to keep the body going, but I needed a full gallon daily to COMPLETELY replenish my body. GEESH!! I can barely get down a half gallon as it is. Crying or Very sad

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:01 am      Reply with quote
I'll try this for sure...just not sure how long I can keep myself drinking it for everyday

Think
linder
5% products discount

Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Iv'e been using lemon in my water for about 2 years now. It is alkaline and has helped my stomach issues. Helps with digestion. It also is a natural dieretic and has also gotten rid of my puffy eyes. You don't have to drink it all in one sitting. Just a thin slice in each bottle of water you drink. Linder
Alix
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
It's very interesting. I will give it a try.

Thanks Bad Grin
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Can this method still be effective in the evening? Sometimes I do not have time to peel and drink it in the morning. I do it when I get back home around 5pm or 6pm. I notice that I use the bathroom more doing #2. Could this mean that its cleaning out my system?

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |