Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
yay! one of my fav TV shows will be back on this summer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 4:14 am      Reply with quote
I just heard a commercial that the show "4400" will be back on this summer! (It's on the station "USA" in the US). I got hooked on this show this past summer when I was recuperating from foot surgeries. One day they had an entire day marathon- so great. And I kind of got hooked on "The Closer" with Kira Sedgewick (sp?) as well.

Even though I like the aforementioned shows, my all time very favorite favs are:

*"Alias" (a must see... and, sadly, it's on its last season Sad )
*"X-Files" (wish it were still on but b/c I missed the originals when I had my nose in my books in HS and college I am still catching up on them- I love the TNT re-runs).

And I like "Grey's Anatomy" when I can catch it.

I have a feeling I'll be missing these shows this summer. I don't have the "Doctors orders to stay in bed" excuse anymore. Laughing At least I will finally be able to be out hiking and mountain biking again!!! It's hard to beat that!

Anybody else have any must-see-TV shows?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Some of my must-see shows are so embarrassing...

Prison Break
American Idol (Yay Kat!!)
Flavor of Love (back when it was on...sniff!)
The OC!
Big Love

5% products discount

Mon May 01, 2006 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I am a CSI junkie so watch them all.
Amazing Race
Criminal Minds
Numbers
I am also looking forward to The Closer coming back this summer. For fun I like Project Runway.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Amnis - I am a HUGE Alias fan. I've been with it since the beginning and I think it really sucks that it's going out this way, but I guess actors are humans too and eventually have to get a life of their own instead of just entertaining ours. Laughing

My other FAVE right now is Lost. It just keeps getting weirder and weirder but I love it! I also got hooked on Invasion since it follows lost. I tend to be a sucker for the "alien" theme. One of my favorite scary movies of all time is "Fire in the Sky". That freakin terrifies me!
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm such a TV junkie!

Must see:

America's Next Top Model
Prison Break
House (Love this show!!)
American Idol
CSI (Especially Miami!)
Numb3rs
Criminal Minds (sometimes)

Is this bad?! I watch too much TV....hehehe
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I think they're just about to start showing the second season of Lost over here in the UK, no idea when the 4400 will be shown. I too am a sucker for scifi-type programmes Embarassed .

Also - the current rave over here seems to be 24 - love that show!
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I am addicted to Prison Break, I can't miss it.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Cookie--- wan't it the hottest thing EVER when Michael Scofield hooked up with the lady prison doctor on Prison Break?? My Goodness!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
LOST!!! Oh god.. I love LOST!!
Gilmore Girls is a close second
My Name is Earl definitely my third. It's so original and hilarious (I love the Joy character!)

The Evidence is a good new show but I'm not sure if it's been cancelled.. haven't seen it in a few weeks.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Hooked on:

Lost
CSI-Las Vegas (still the best one!)
ER
Amazing Race (got a love-hate relationship with this. Keep trying to stop watching but every week it pulls me back in. Laughing )
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Amnis - I am a HUGE Alias fan. I've been with it since the beginning and I think it really sucks that it's going out this way, but I guess actors are humans too and eventually have to get a life of their own instead of just entertaining ours. Laughing

My other FAVE right now is Lost. It just keeps getting weirder and weirder but I love it! I also got hooked on Invasion since it follows lost. I tend to be a sucker for the "alien" theme. One of my favorite scary movies of all "time is "Fire in the Sky". That freakin terrifies me!

I REALLY like sci-fi shows too. I'm glad there is another Alias fan on this forum! Wink Now I know where to turn if I have questions... Smile

I was kinda embarrassed to admit before that I ALSO like more shows... I guess after years of denying myself TV b/c I dedicated my life to school and athletics for so many years I have now gone the other way...

ok, ok, so the other shows are...
"Medium"
"Lost"
"Invasion"
"Charmed" (again, I love that TNT shows re-runs every day!)
And I can't believe that I forgot to mention "24" before. Gotta love Keifer.
Sometimes I will have "Prison Break" on while I'm doing other things. What a Hottie the main character with the map tatooed on his back is. Drool

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I watch Gilmore Girls...recently got hooked and am almost caught up on the originals! Hrm, that's it. Guess I'm not a big TV person.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
must see tv shows:
-CSI
-law and order (i watch it so often I swear I have watched most of the episodes at least twice.)
-invasion
-desperate housewives
-monk

i watch too much tv when I should be doing research.
hahahahha
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
CSI (original one)
Deal or No Deal (love watching greedy people)
Gilmore Girls
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 'fessing up to being hooked on:

The Apprentice
The Amazing Race (go Hippies!!)
Survivor (c'mon Terry!!)

Anya
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I REALLY like sci-fi shows too. I'm glad there is another Alias fan on this forum! Wink Now I know where to turn if I have questions... Smile

I LOVE Alias. It's been my favorite for a long time, so I'm terribly disappointed with how erratic the schedule has been, but I've been glued to my seat for these past few episodes!

I also love Stargate SG-1 on the Sci-Fi channel. An ex got me hooked on this w/ the DVDs... I think we watched the first three seasons over the course of a week. Excellent show, but you definitely have to get into it and watch a bunch of episodes to appreciate it.

I also love:
Gilmore Girls
West Wing
Grey's Anatomy
Big Love
Crossing Jordan
Las Vegas
Commander in Chief
And probably my guiltiest pleasure of all, b/c it's sooooooooo bad, is One Tree Hill.

(I know... I know... I'm a total TV junkie)[/quote]

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
I love
Lost I just hate when they have sooo many repeats
BIG Love for Big Love
Sopranos
Wife Swap-I just really seeing the husbands see switching roles and seeing how hard it really is to handle everything. But where are these husbands that work full time and do all the cooking and cleaning and everything while the wife sits on her butt? Even if I had one that was willing to do all that, how boring would life be to watch your spouse do everything..
Still love Frasier repeats- Really miss that show
Will & Grace was good up to a couple of years ago when they changed writers and producers. I haven't even watched it this year.
I really like the Surreal Life although this season isn't as good as past seasons.
Love my True Hollywood Stories on E!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Oh! One more ... This is an old must-see but never had a show that was soooo important for me to watch. Nothing will ever compare to Sex and the City. All Time Fav. So weird seeing the edited versions on TBS. Best stories, so smart, so well written and SJP is one of the best comedic actresses around.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
My must-see TV nights are Tuesday and Sunday, in which I combo-it-up with American Idol/House on Tuesday and Desparate Housewives/Grey's Anatomy on Sunday. Otherwise, I'm a complete news junkie. I love watching the news over and over again, especially when they kill a story to death. Someone help me, but my favorite is Greta on Fox. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
LandB wrote:
My must-see TV nights are Tuesday and Sunday, in which I combo-it-up with American Idol/House on Tuesday and Desparate Housewives/Grey's Anatomy on Sunday. Otherwise, I'm a complete news junkie. I love watching the news over and over again, especially when they kill a story to death. Someone help me, but my favorite is Greta on Fox. Rolling Eyes

I really like to be up on the latest news but if I watch too much I get depressed or completely frustrated! I also get so annoyed with the melodramatic newscasters.

LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
I really like to be up on the latest news but if I watch too much I get depressed or completely frustrated! I also get so annoyed with the melodramatic newscasters.

That's why I like Greta - I get the overkill factor but without too much melodrama. She has a nice, analytical edge to her presentation and she can be quite snippy, but in a dry sort of way. I get a kick out of her.

But yes, come to thing about it, I do spend much of my news watching yelling at the TV.

I think I need to get a life.... Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I dont watch much tv... but the only things that I watch there are movies, news and tv shows... so...

Charmed (really watered down after season 5)
Six Feet under (going to watch season 4 now)
One Tree Hill (much better than the OC imo)
Will & Grace (til season 6)
Desperate housewives (bit boring at times)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
amnis - Last night I saw the commercial of the show "4400" coming back in June 11th (I think), I was so excited. I was hooked on that show too. The last episode was the couple driving down the road w/ their baby, and all the trees were swaying back and forth. Can't wait to see how powerful the baby will be and all the other characters too. Found someone who's into this show too. Dancing
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I’m a bit tardy, but my must-see TV shows are:

Mondays:
---------------
• CSI: Miami (although the Horatio Caine character annoys the hell out of me for reasons I can’t explain...)

Tuesdays:
---------------
• NCIS
• House (cannot miss this show!)
• Law & Order: SVU

Wednesday
---------------
• Lost (cannot miss this show!)
I used to be a huge Law & Order fan but it ain’t the same since ‘Lennie Brisco’ has been gone...

Thursday
---------------
CSI (cannot miss this show!)
Without A Trace (hate to miss this show!)

Friday
---------------
Ghost Whisperer (how did I get suckered in to this one?!)
Close to Home
Numbers or repeat of Law & Order: Criminal Intent (whichever I haven’t seen yet)

Saturday
---------------
n/a

Sunday
---------------
• Cold Case

Every night
--------------
• repeats of "The Simpsons" Very Happy

Mostly I just keep the TV on as company while I’m working on my “potions” or making my fashion jewelry stuff! I have never watched a reality TV show in my life (and am quite proud of this fact!) and don’t understand the big ‘whoo’ about Desperate Housewives or Grey’s Anatomy. Confused I also never understood the attraction of "Friends" or "Seinfeld" and I don't think that Letterman is funny at all!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
don’t understand the big ‘whoo’ about Desperate Housewives or Grey’s Anatomy. Confused I also never understood the attraction of "Friends" or "Seinfeld" and I don't think that Letterman is funny at all!

I think the big 'whoo' is the focus on... err... shall we say... uh... things that grown-ups do. Embarassed (Or maybe it's just me! Neutral ).

But ditto times ten on Friends, Seinfeld, and Letterman. All three annoy the ____ out of me. And Letterman ain't no Johnny Carsen and never will be. (Aging myself? My mom would play Carsen in my nursery to get me to sleep. Apparently I refused to sleep otherwise. Weird kid... well, weird adult, too. Rolling Eyes )

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |