Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
SPF in moisturizer Yay or Nay
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
As a disclaimer - I am NOT posting at work...I will deny if asked. I am far too busy here to be posting about skincare! Laughing (okay, so I'm on lunch Very Happy !)

With the summer approaching, those of you who use moisturizer, do you use one with SPF already included, or do you apply SPF AFTER your moisturizer - or maybe you don't use SPF at all...

I have the Skinceuticals Ultimate SPF 30 that I usually just put over my moisturizer (another step, I know).

I've been eyeing the Remergent Daily moisturizer with SPF, and if it's anything like the eye cream (microcirculation cream?)- holy moly, that stuff rocks - am DEF getting a full size of that. My eye bags were barely visable, and the milia seems to have disappeared - it was one of those "whoa" second takes in the mirror...this is only from the sample, mind you!

Okay, I went off topic....what are your opinions about SPF included in your moisturizer.

Maria Laughing

Done eating...back to work...sigh...oh to be independently wealthy......

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I think moisturizers with suncreen are fine as long as the moisturizer has appropriate amounts of the sunscreen ingredients. I have been using Olay Complete moisturizer with SPF 15 for years and never wore additional moisturizer underneath. I have oily skin so I can do without the extra moisturizer. However the past month or so I have been putting moisturizer on first and then the sunscreen since I am trying to deal with dehydrated skin and I don't feel that the Olay Complete has enough hydrating ingredients. I prefer sunscreens with moisturizer over regular sunscreen for daily use since many regular sunscreens are waterproof and have extra ingredients to make them this way. If I am going out in the sun I use a strong sunscreen. Currently Shiseido SPF 55 although I think I will switch to LRP when that one runs out.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I use separate ones because I can't use chemical sunscreens. I too use skinceuticals s/s.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I use separate sunscreen and moisturizer. I'd like to minimize the use of sunscreen since I do not think it does anything to my skin beside protecting it from the sun. I only put sunscreen half and hour before I go outside.
Therefore, for me separate moisturizer and sunscreen is more convenient.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I like moisturisers without spf because I don't think you'd put on enough to get adequate protection. Plus, I'm sensitive to chemical sunscreens so I use mineral makeup.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 10:54 am      Reply with quote
It is possible to find moisturizers with only physical sunscreen ingredients. I have noticed that alot of these products have a combination of zinc oxide and oxtinoxate which is a chemical sunscreen (I have very sensitive skin and this is the only chemical sunscreen ingredient that I have been able to tolerate) but some do have only zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.

stardust with the Olay Complete if find that it is easy to put enough on to get adequate protection. It has a nice consistency and it is cheap so I don't feel bad about using a lot of it!! That being said I actually am looking for a moisturizer with sunscreen to replace it when it runs out because I want one with more UVA protection.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I use PSF Herbal Sunscreen SPF 30 as my day moisturizer. With all the other serums, etc. I put on every day, I figure so much the better if I can skip a step! Laughing

Mary
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have very dry skin so I use a moisturizer underneath my spf. For most people spf may be moisturizing enough by itself.

Since you need 1/4 tbsp of sunscreen for your face, I doubt I can use the right amount of moisturize w/spf. It will be a greasy mess Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I like to use a moisturiser with sunscreen every day - currently I'm using the Neutrogena healthy defense spf30 as I have some left over from my last visit to the States. If the sun's strong though I would add a "proper" sunblock on top, preferably something with mexoryl or similar ingredients to really stop the uva from getting through.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I use seperate.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer using a moisturizer with SPF. One less step in the morning.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use separate Smile I know, the additional step is a killer every morning.

Tue May 02, 2006 1:17 am      Reply with quote
I seem to alternate. Sometimes, like right now, I use them separately, and sometimes I use a combined one. It really depends for me mainly on how much I like the mosituriser I want to use. Say I really like Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel, which I do, if I want to use this then I will use SPF on top. The trick is to find the right sunblock or moisturiser/sunblock product. Also, if your skin is very dry then you might be better off using them separately as I've been told that products the most moisturising product with SPF will be less moisturising than the most moisturising product without SPF (if you know what I mean, sorry long day at work...).

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 1:23 am      Reply with quote
I usually use a separate SPF over my moisturizer unless I'm using Alpha Morning that day, which has the SPF already in it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 3:28 am      Reply with quote
The only SPF I use now is the Kosmea Moisturiser with SPF30 and as they are combined I will stay with that as I am just not tempted to change from this sunscreen.

Tue May 02, 2006 4:46 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
The only SPF I use now is the Kosmea Moisturiser with SPF30 and as they are combined I will stay with that as I am just not tempted to change from this sunscreen.

I love this lotion as well! It's a great choice of combined SPF/moisturiser IMO.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |