Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
whats your favorite serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am compiling a shopping list. thus, i am curious to see what serum works for different skin type. Please list your favorite serum along with your skin type(non vit c serum).
cheers
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not too big into serums but I do have one that I like. The Murad Combination skin formula. I like it alot. There are reviews for it on mua if you want to read about it. Another one I tried awhile back was Origins Clearance Time (to see less oil each day it reads). I don't think this one worked. Neither do most of the reviews on mua I'm seeing... hmmm.. well good luck finding a serum, and if you find one you really like make sure to let us know... I know I haven't found my be all end all of serums yet.
oh.. my skin type is combination I would say..
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
My favourite serum right now would have to be Juice Beauty Blemish Serum (if that counts). Very Happy
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
My favourite serum right now would have to be Juice Beauty Blemish Serum (if that counts). Very Happy

Yen: I guess that does count Smile
Hm.. I guess I should refine my question to "favorite serum/concentrate/booster". Come on ladies..... help me
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have two (besides the DIY vitamin C I just started using): DMAE Firming Fluid (Reviva Labs) and PSF's HA Serum. I have oily skin, so I love that both of these are non-greasy and absorb right away...also fragrance free, which I like. Both were reasonably priced at $19.00 each (got the DMAE at ULTA, and the other via the PSF website).

Hope this helps!
Mary Smile
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, in that case, my favourite serum (non-vitamin C related) would be Aloette's Age Defiance Firming Serum.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Juvedical Renewing Face Serum for me!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Juice Beauty Acne Serum. I tried using Skinceuticals CE Ferulic, but it broke me out--- did anyone else have this problem?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Boosters! I totally forgot about all the Dermalogica one's I tried! I tried the Skin Renewal Booster (only review I've ever written on mua), the extra firming booster, and the skin hydrating booster. The only one I would recommend is the skin hydrating booster. Infact I keep that in my makeup bag and as I'm applying makeup if I see a little bit of dryness I put it on and it makes flakes or any dryness go away... I mostly use it in the winter time though. The Dermalogica skin hydrating booster is a good one to try!
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Ermm...I like Clarins Beauty Repair Serum. I think that's what its called!
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow wrote:
Oh Boosters! I totally forgot about all the Dermalogica one's I tried! I tried the Skin Renewal Booster (only review I've ever written on mua), the extra firming booster, and the skin hydrating booster. The only one I would recommend is the skin hydrating booster. Infact I keep that in my makeup bag and as I'm applying makeup if I see a little bit of dryness I put it on and it makes flakes or any dryness go away... I mostly use it in the winter time though. The Dermalogica skin hydrating booster is a good one to try!

how does skin hydrating booster in comparison to multi vitamin concentrate? Anybody....?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
My DIY HA Serum & my DIY DMAE Serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
My Cellular Skin Rx C+ Firming serum. Cannot, cannot, cannot live without this one.
jn1234
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
I like dermalogical skin hydrating booster. It works very well on dry skin.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Well, since you have a $100 voucher to spend, lets go high-end.

I know one other member here who will join in this recomendation (not mentioning names, Mabsy), but..

Valmont Bio-Cellular serum is LOVELY. It is great for summer (unless you have dry skin you can get away with just this and sunscreen) and it made my skin nice and soft. Of course you can wear it under a moisturizer too.

People here rave about Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel (but i hated the scent of that - I only had a sample sachet)

I will also second the Juvedical Face Serum (I had a little sample bottle and loved it).

I dont use the Valmont or Juvedical in my routine at the moment but that is only because I cannot find a way to work them in. Laughing

If you are looking for a serum outside what EDS sells, I have been liking the Remergent DNA Repair serum.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Juvedical face and eye serums are my number one followed closely by Photolagen and Kosmea Eigth Natural Wonder.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 12:11 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Well, since you have a $100 voucher to spend, lets go high-end.

I know one other member here who will join in this recomendation (not mentioning names, Mabsy), but..

Valmont Bio-Cellular serum is LOVELY. It is great for summer (unless you have dry skin you can get away with just this and sunscreen) and it made my skin nice and soft. Of course you can wear it under a moisturizer too.

People here rave about Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel (but i hated the scent of that - I only had a sample sachet)

I will also second the Juvedical Face Serum (I had a little sample bottle and loved it).

I dont use the Valmont or Juvedical in my routine at the moment but that is only because I cannot find a way to work them in. Laughing

If you are looking for a serum outside what EDS sells, I have been liking the Remergent DNA Repair serum.

tiger_tim,
I cant believe you notice I have voucher to spend. hahahahah...
Anyways, before reading your post, I am already interested in valmont bio cellular. Do you know the difference between bio cellular and bio regenetics.
Also, has anyone ever here ever used ren omega 3 serum or smn nourishing oil or dermalogica multi vitamin concentrate? How do these perform in comparison to valmont serums?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 12:27 am      Reply with quote
The only one I tried is Bio-Cellular bought without ever having heard of the brand on my first trip to Switzerland when I forgot my moisturizer and I wanted something very light.

Bio-Cellular is really for skin without serious signs of ageing. It is a preventative serum and for first-signs.
Bio-Regenetic is for very dehydrated skin
DNA Repair Serum (not to be confused with the Remergent one Laughing ) is for damaged skin.

Valmont now have a good website with detailed info about all their products: http://www.cvl-cosmetics.ch/home/ I was poking around there a few minutes ago looking at cleansers and copied this info about the serums:

BIO-CELLULAR
reinforces and complements the effectiveness of creams through in-depth action. The perfect ally of daily skin care as soon as wrinkles and fine lines appear, this powerful serum efficiently protects all types of skins against cutaneous ageing. It contains HP DNA, RNA and Hyaluronic Acid to : stimulate cellular renewal and efficiently protect against skin ageing, instantaneously moisturize and smooth the epidermis, restore skin softness, smoothness and elasticity.

BIO-REGENETIC
Profound dehydration is characterized by sensations of tautness, discomfort and desquamation. Dehydration wrinkles and fine lines appear... The skin is thirsty and needs renewed energy to combat the visible signs of ageing. Rich in grafted DNA and RNA, it also contains Glacial Spring Water as well as amino acids to: combat severe dehydration and bring maximal, drop by drop, continuous hydration, stimulate cellular renewal and delay the ageing process, restructure the epidermis for smoother features and a supple, toned and firm skin.

DNA REPAIR SERUM
When the integrity of the epidermis is threatened, DNA REPAIR SERUM targets fragile zones, rebuilds cutaneous defenses and reveals, day after day, a skin that sparkles with health and radiance. HP DNA and RNA are combined with Echinacea repair liposomes and mimetic biopeptides of dermis proteins to: relaunch the essential functions of the skin, stimulate the repair of damaged tissues, re-equip exhausted skins to combat cutaneous ageing.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 12:33 am      Reply with quote
I had good results with the Skinceuticals B5 gel sample, it had good effects for my dehydrated skin.

I'm loving the Henry Tianus range of serums, esp the Clarifying serum - I've never woken up to such oil-free and clear skin before.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 12:42 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim: thanks for looking up the differences between serums.
Very Happy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 5:27 am      Reply with quote
IS Clinical: Super Serum and Active Serum!

And my new favorite (although I guess it isn't really a serum...) PREVAGE MD

Oooops....thats more than one isn't it Exclamation
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Mary, I'm so glad that the psf HA isn't sticky as I was a little worried about that. I have oily skin and didn't want to add to it. It was kind of stupid to order as I have HA in my psf vit.c. I ordered it when I ordered the relax-a-line but its on back order. Crying or Very sad
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I love PSF O2 serum. It is healing, gets rid of redness and helps other actives absorb.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Besides the PSF O2, is there another serum good for easing irritation and redness?
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Try Replenix Green Team serum for that. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |