Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

break outs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. Pretty soon it will be race season. My face always breaks out when I wear that stupid helmet, around my chin area. I was wondering if there was a sort of barrier? lotion to prevent these break outs?
Thanks
Rae
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
maybe be sure to keep the straps and chin thing clean???

maybe line the chin bit with a piece of soft non irritating cloth, to keep the rubber/plastic off your skin???

....can't really think of anything else...sorry

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Rae what type of racing do you do?

My husband autocrosses and is going to start doing time attacks a few times a year. I go along as a passenger alot and have tried autocrossing myself twice but it still makes my nervous so I rarely work up the nerve to do it. Smile

Unfortunatly I don't know what might help with the breakouts.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I auto race. Its fun, but I look like hek afterwords, hair, sweaty etc. but what bothers me the most is my chin area. I don't really know how to wash the inside of the helmet,(its cloth) so I was wondering what would work is all so I'm not all zitty this summer. The rest of my face is fine, cheek area and all.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
...I thought it was horse racing Laughing

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I breakout if things rub against my skin too.. I think it has most to do with the irritation factor that causes the breakouts... I have sensitive skin too... I don't really have much knowledge on wearing a helmet and straps but have you tried lining it with something? I don't know if that would help, but I noticed the only thing I rub up against alot and don't break out from are my pillows at night. Maybe you could line it with something soft like a pillow case material? Geez, I dunno if that would work but I'm imagining those rough straps that have ridges in them from how they're put together.. I would think just changing the texture of the strap to something smooth (by lining it) might help? Of course the problem could be that you skin can't breath and then that wouldn't help... but it's worth a shot? My first reaction would be to line it with cotton like my pillowcase. And to keep it very clean... and immediatly when you take it off to wash it and apply some clindamycin (or anything anti bacterial) incase it's a sweat bacteria problem.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Hey, Razinkane, Just curious, what kind of racing do you do? I agree with the others about keeping the straps clean, dry and with extra padding. In addition, Monistat makes a silicone type creamy gel that is used to prevent chafing where things rub together, it's worth a try, its at the drugstore in the feminine hygiene products. HTH Question
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'd think that you would want to maintain cleanliness and breathability when it comes to where your skin is in contact with your chin strap.

You might try this...

Use velcro to attach 100% cotton terry cloth (or some other 100% cotton cloth) swatches to your chin strap. Have about 4-5 swatches that you can change every time you wear your helmet and wash them in between uses. I was thinking the terry cloth might be the easiest beause you could buy an inexpensive hand towell and cut it Iup into swatches.

Either sew or glue the "rough" side of the velcro to your chin strap and then sew the "soft/fuzzy" side of velcro to your terry cloth. You can buy what is called "half & half" velcro that has one side that has adhesive on it and the other side is sew-on.

And if the above seems to be too much of a hassle... try using, and this might gross you out and send you running from this forum screaming (are you a guy?) but it's just a suggesstion, thin panty liners. Their adhesive side would probably stick just enough to your chin strap and they would be clean each time you used one not to mention they would help absorb sweat. And you can trim them up ahead of time to fit your strap and probably more important to you, make them look like less of a panty liner. Wink If you are a guy, maybe try snagging some from a sister, mother, girlfriend, etc.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Laughing No, I am not a guy, but even so, the thought of wearing panty liners makes me die laughing. Me and my sister would laugh so hard we would probably go off the track. We have a hard time staying serious as it is. I will, however see about putting in the velcro. Shes the crafty one so I'll ask her about doing it for me. Thanks
Rae
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
Laughing No, I am not a guy, but even so, the thought of wearing panty liners makes me die laughing. Me and my sister would laugh so hard we would probably go off the track. We have a hard time staying serious as it is. I will, however see about putting in the velcro. Shes the crafty one so I'll ask her about doing it for me. Thanks
Rae

When I wrote my response above about the panty liners I ran the risk of you thinking I was the biggest dork ever and I was laughing quite a bit myself. I am glad you found it humorous and I am glad that your sister is crafty enough to do the sewing etc. I was just trying to come up with as many suggestions as I could b/c I have the same problem when I have something in contact with my skin like that (for me, it's a bike helmet but luckily the helmet I've had for the last 5 years has removable pads that I take out and wash each time- such a hassle but worth it if I don't break out!). And even worse is sunglassess. I have to constantly make sure the nose piece area is clean each time I wear them and even then I will sometime get a zit right on the bridge area of my nose Mad. There ain't many solutions for that problem!

I think it's so cool that you race! I've always wanted to do that. I always say that I should've been a race car driver. When I was a little kid my dad built my brother and I a little race go cart. I wasn't as bad as my brother who took off down the road with my dad chasing after him but with me, my dad ended up having to tie a rope around his waste and tether it to the go cart b/c I would whip around much too fast then he thought I ever would in our circular driveway and he got worried (especially after my mom came running out of the house all worried about it telling him he should've built the thing to go as fast as it could- and my dad said he didn't expect us kids to take to the wheel and be as comfortable going as fast as we did). I was only 4 years old (and my brother 5)! I can still remember seeing my brother's white helmet over the tops of the bushes as he headed down the road (luckily it was a secluded gravel road in the mountains!). Laughing As a family we laugh about it now and I say to my brother "hey,just think if you'd never turned around and dad had never caught up to you... you might've pulled a Forest Gump and just now be pulling into the driveway today with a beard and your knees sticking out of the cart 'cause it'd be way too small for you." Laughing

Have fun but be safe. Wink

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Thanks. I will.
And, just for giggle I may bring some panty liners to the race and put them in my sisters helmet so I can see her face when she goes to put it on. I'm laughing just thinking about it.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
Laughing Thanks. I will.
And, just for giggle I may bring some panty liners to the race and put them in my sisters helmet so I can see her face when she goes to put it on. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

I'm laughing too. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |