Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Has anyone tried Pur Mineral makeup?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I was looking at the Ulta website and notice they had Pur Mineral makeup. I went to their website, looks interesting.
I was wondering if anyone has ever used this brand. Smile

http://www.purminerals.com/catalog/index.php
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried it, it was O.K., nothing spectacular IMHO, would not repurchase it, hths.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Gina - Thank you for the response. Saves me time and $$ from purchasing this and not liking it.
laine
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I actually have it on my face now. I don't like the coverage,the staying power or the color. Will not be reordering. I'm thinking about the Luxe Minerals..looks really good.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
laine - please give an update and your opinion on the luxe mineral if you get around to using it.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so sad. I just received my order of Pur Minerals. I had a hard time finding my shade. They had a showstopper on the Shopping Channel. They featured an Asian girl with acne in their before and after pictures but wouldn't say what shade she was using. I ordered the Tan shade since they said it was for those with golden undertones. The 4-in-1 powder went on nice but a tad bit too dark. The real problem came when I tried to conceal my blemishes. It just left dark spots on my face. Sad I emailed their customer service and they were no help. They said that I should order the golden medium. They didn't offer a golden medium on TSC, just medium. I asked them if it was the same but they said that the medium replaced the golden medium and that the medium is for pinkish undertones. I specifically said golden undertones. *sighs* I'm going to send the kit back. Too frustrating.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
It would have been convenient for carrying in my purse for touch-ups during the day, but the lightest color was too dark for me. I don't know how it would have worn throughout the day because the color was so off on me that I had to wash it off.

Tina
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I love this product! I have a medium skin tone, with red under tones and it covers perfectly, just kind of evens everything out.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Lucky you Susie. I liked the texture but I couldn't get the right shade. I don't think they have anything for Asian gals with golden undertones. Sad
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
The light shade is golden. I think it would be a good match for you Yen. Check it out. You still have 30 days to try it out and send it back.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Really? Thanks Susie. Smile
havana8

Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I really really like it and after been using it for 2 years now (the "Light"). It gives me great coverage although sometimes I am overzealous and use too much which can look "cakey". Embarassed
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'd tried this a year or so ago ... I wasn't happy with it at the time. I think it accentuated any fine lines or pores on my face. I ended up giving it to my sister who does like it. I thought it was just a mineral makeup thing (maybe it just didn't work for me), but now I've been using Amazing Cosmetics and am totally pleased with it.
Solterra

Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have been wearing the Pur Mineral for about 1 month now, I LOVE it. I have adult cystic acne, with the pur mineral I dont even need to use a concealer, I am using the 4 in 1 Pressed makeup, I tried other loose mineral makeups and hated them. Some broke me out and didn't have enough coverage, I am 49 and I have been getting so many compliments on my skin now. I will reorder and continue wearing it. It is like magic to me. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |