Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dark Circles, Bags and Puffiness
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Bogger

Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!
I am new to the forum. My question is I have dark circles, bags and puffiness under eyes. I look tired all day everyday I hate looking like this. Can someone please tell me what product I should purchase that works best. Something that works fast. I have dry skin if that helps. Thank you all very much!

Desperate in Florida!
Caspers Mum

Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
You may want to consider the following: Primacy Eye Balm, Dermalogica Total Eye Care, Phytomer Lift Contour Eye & Lip Creme, Sothys Destressing Masque and Active Phytocontour Creme.
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
what do you think of eyesential (sp?). It seems it's all in 1.

BTW, love your name:)
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:31 am      Reply with quote
For myself I've have very good use out of the eye patches from Talika. I'd use them before a night out and the really do take out my dark circles.

Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Eve. Smile
abighill@aol.com
5% products discount

Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Eve

I have just purchased the talika eye masks and I'm really looking forward to using them.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Please let me know what you think of them. I've had very good results so I hope you will to.
abighill@aol.com
5% products discount

Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Will do
niccollee
5% products discount

Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Bogger -
I have the same problem as you - and my work schedule lately has not helped. I went through a LOT of products before I settled on 2 that I think help. First - Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue. It has greatly improved my dark circles when I had just about given up on those. The key is to make sure you crush the little spheres that are suspended in the gel before you apply it to your eye contour area. (I know this now thanks to Mabsy!!) I do it in the palm of my freshly washed hand so I don't have to apply that much pressure to the eye area.

For bags, I really like Yonka Phyto-Contour cream. It is also performs miracles on milia (little under the eye bumps) - if you have that at all. It is somewhat temporary but it feels great in the morning and does cause an immediate shrinkage of bags and puffiness - both under the eyes and on my puffy eyelids. I dab it on throughout the day (lightly so as not to smear makeup) for a wake me up (it has a menthol ingredient that really opens your eyes) and to combat any mid-afternoon puffiness.
Also, as far as covering your circles up, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Yves St. Laurent Touche Eclat. I used it under my eyes, on the veins on my eyelids, for age spots, to cover zits - just about everything. It is expensive but it is so worth it. If you are suffering from a really bad dose of the circles, you can use it in conjunction with a heavier concealor. However, my circles (hereditary) are pretty dark and I normally just use the Touche Eclat. I don't think you can get it on this site - I got mine through Nordstrom.com. You can get the Peter Thomas Roth and Yonka products on this site! Very Happy

Nicole
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nicole !

Please tell me, with what do you apply this with? I probably can use my fingertips but I find that sometimes I push too hard down, probably subconciously trying to make it work more for me. What do you suggest?
Mabsy

Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Niccollee,

Glad to see you're getting some positive results out of the PTR Power K Eye Rescue. It has really been the top dark circle buster for me! Btw, I'm a big fan of YSL Touche Eclat too. I guess the trick (for me) is to get it duty free. AU$40 vs about AU$75. Yikes! It's good stuff though! I do use it a bit differently. I use a regular concealer first (Jane Iredale is my current fave) and then use the YSL on top of that or bring it with me for touch ups.

Btw, Clarins and Clinique have both come out with a Touche Eclat copy-cat. I don't care too much for the Clinique one (too pink for me) but the Clarins one is really good!

Mabsy
niccollee
5% products discount

Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:32 am      Reply with quote
If you are talking about the PTR Power K, I use my fingers. That is why I crush the spheres in the palm of my hand before I apply it - so I don't have to apply so much pressure to the eye area. I really press down and rub it around on my palm to get the spheres all crushed. It also warms up the gel which probably helps too. Again - I have to thank Mabsy and Caspers Mum for the advice on this product. Since I've been following their instructions, it has really started to work!
If you are talking about the Yonka product - again, I use my fingers and just apply it gently like a regular eye cream.
And if you are talking about the YSL Touche Eclat, I dab it on with the brush it has on it and then use a couple of different concealor brushes to blend - a small stiff one for the small lines and creases and a larger (but still small) soft one for the general area.
Hope that answered your question!Very Happy
Nicole
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I really appreciate you taking the time to respond, Niccollee. Yes, you answered my question very well. Thanks Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |