Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by jenny

- sigh - told you I am a mask junkie

Cheers
Jenny:D

*SIGH* I am too, Jenny, a mask junkie. I am waiting to hear more from Mabsy about her new beauty mask. When doing that, it's super nice if you could share with us your mask experience. Which masks have you tried... in the last 5 years? Which one is your "best on the list"? Thanks Jenny. By the way, I'm interested on Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel, do you know if it's a mask, any idea if it's any good.
Mabsy

Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your comments on Sekkisei and SKII ladies. I must say that now that my SKII Facial Treatment Essence has been appeased (sp?) I will try the Sekkisei one as well. One of my friends is going to Taiwan on Wednesday so I will ask him to get some for me. I'm sure he won't mind doing a bit of cosmetics shopping while he's catching up with his family :P

I must say that I am going through a bit of a mask phase myself at the moment. Babyfish, I'm sorry I haven't posted a review of the Phytomer and Thalgo masks yet. I've been using them HEAPS and I'm still trying to figure out which one I like better. I think it's now safe to say that I really like them both, though I adore the smell of one of them Smile I shall post a 2-in-1 review of them next week.

While we're on the topic of masks, I just used another one of those pill/tablet masks with the SKII essence. I still can't get used to the smell but that's not really what I'm gonna say. I must say that I was initially intrigued on how a cut out mask would fit every person's face.... it doesn't! Mr (or Mrs) Shiseido apparently think that my eyes are supposed to be a LOT closer together than they are! It looks quite funny on me, I have to tear the sides of it so that I can see otherwise the outer half of each of my eyes is covered. It didn't bother me last time because I wasn't typing/reading anything. I had to "adjust" it today so I could sit here and type Smile I'm guessing different brands will have slightly different shapes so I might try another brand next time. I hear (from reviews) that the Kose tablet/pill masks are quite disappointing.

Jenny - thanks for the warning re:alcohol content in Sekkisei. One question, do you find that it irritates your eyes? I sometimes can't handle highly alcoholic smelling stuff around my eyes. Perhaps I'd best try to get a sample of it first or go for a starter kit of some sort instead of the 200mL bottle Smile

Mabsy
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies

BabyFish: I have never heard of the mask you mentioned. Ummmm, masks I have tried - I don't think I can remember all of them - but the current ones I am using are:
SK II
Kose Sekkissei
Neutrogena Fairness Mask
Olay Radiance Mask
L'Oreal Whitening Radiance Mask
Clarins Doux Peel
Clarins Hydratant Mask
DDF Sulphur Therapeutic
Valmont Renewing of course
Phytomer's Revitalising
Sothy's Hydroptimale
Dermalogica's Multi Vitamin Power Recovery Masque
The latest: Kose Black Whitening Mask - a black peel off mask

LOL, needless to say, I can't make my rounds within a week.

Mabsy, I initially could not open my eyes due to the strong alcohol content of the Kose Sekkisei - I think I could only take short breaths as well. But, seeing the effect it had on my skin, I tolerated it. Sigh, the price of we pay to seek beauty.... Now, I am quite used to it. I can even watch TV or read the papers while I have my Kose mask on.

Cheers
Jenny
Mabsy

Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Jenny! I'll give it a go then Smile

Mabsy
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've been sampling the SK-II Treatment Essence and do not find it has a strong smell or any smell at all for that matter. The ingredients do not list fragrance either. I guess everyone's nose is different. The funny thing is I really dislike scent in products and pick up on a smell immediately.
xchiou1
5% products discount

Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased many SKII products from Taiwan in Feb. 2004. As many of you mentioned, it is a product that Asian women are crazy about. However, I have been using Skinceutical products since Feb. I have not got a chance to use SKII Essence. After seeing what you all commented about Essence, I want to use Essence right away. Do you gals think that Essense is compatible with other products?
Ling
5% products discount

Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:08 am      Reply with quote
To me it is, as I am still using the essence with other brands of skincare..( darphin, decleor, sisley..)..but I will suggest you skip layering too many products at once when you just starting the " essence" to see if you have any sensitivity to it....HTH
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Ling. When I started sampling the line I used one product at a time since I easily react and/or break out. No problem with the Essence; I'm about to purchase the full-size. I am not sure about the Signs Treatment though. I suspected a break out but am not completely sure it's from that. I also just began sampling the UV Essence. It's only been 2 days so I cannot report yet.
wiffy
5% products discount

Sat May 22, 2004 2:21 am      Reply with quote
I hv used SK2 before. It didnt do much to improve my skin then. In my humble opinion, the Treatment Essence is a bit overhyped. But I guess different skins react to different products Smile

Sat May 22, 2004 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am new to this forum, accidentally 'trespas' when googled on Cellex-C. I think this is an awesome forum! I am a skincare junkie and always on the look out to try something new.
I have used both Sekkisei and SKII and I definitely prefer Sekkisei lotion to SKII treatment essence aka miracle water.
FYI, Sekkisei is formulated from herbs based on ancient Chinese herbal formula and has been around since 1900!! The lotion does NOT contain any alcohol, the pungent smell is due to herby smell.
I have the most sensitive and reactive skin (patches of red dehydrated area on the cheeks round the nose with skin itching and peeling off a while after whatever cream I put on even Dr Hauschka Rose day cream, oh yes) , have seen many dermatologists, all I was ever prescribed was steroid creams in various brands and various level of steroid. Wasted lots of money, just to find a products suitable for my skin. The only product which I never react to is the Sekkisei lotion, it actually calm my skin and stop the itch when applied but I have since run out and desperately trying to get my hand on a bottle Sad .
SKII range is popular in Asia just because it is endorsed by the a superstar in HK much like Madonna to USA. I think the products are overhyped and overpriced. My skin reacts badly to the treatment essence, giving me burns like feeling after use and the treatment cream just cause breakouts and the treatment lotion actually has alcohol. However, I must say their treatment cleanser is wonderful, a joy to use and smell awesome.
Sorry, this is a bit long.
I am monitoring the forum closely for new discoveries and hope to place my order soon, there are too many products to choose from!
Cheers!
wiffy
5% products discount

Sat May 22, 2004 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Sheep wrote:
SKII range is popular in Asia just because it is endorsed by the a superstar in HK much like Madonna to USA. I think the products are overhyped and overpriced.

kinda second you on this!

Sat May 22, 2004 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum Miss Sheep! Smile

I must say that now that I have bought Sekkisei and compared to the SK-II, I like Sekkisei better. I don't find that it has a pungent smell at all, mind you, it DOES have a weird smell. I have no idea about alcohol content (ingredients are not in English Laughing ) but have not deteced any alcohol in it thus far. I quite like it.
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2004 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Guess what?? After reading all those reviews, I have also purcahsed the Sekkisei Mask. (I am not sure what have been reviewed, the previous reviews jumped from lotion to mask and lotion, and sometimes toner... kind of confused Laughing ) Anyway .. I got it eventually, will try it soon and share my experience with you gals Wink
Mabsy

Sat May 29, 2004 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Hey Bbiz,

Looking forward to reading what you think of it. I have the Sekkisei Medicated Lotion. People refer to it as a lotion, toner or mask, interchangeably really. I think it's actually called a lotion, people refer to it as a toner because you can use it that way. People also refer to it as a mask because you can use it with those compressed tablet paper masks and it thus becomes a face mask. I hope that clears it up a little.

Mabsy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 31, 2004 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Is the Kose the same as this stuff?

http://stores.ebay.com/QTLink_Kose_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQsclZallQQsotimedisplayZ2QQtZkm

saw this shop whilst looking for SKII, Dunno if it's genuine or not...someone left f/b saying the SKII was fake, but they seem to have a lot of f/b saying it's genuine. Just seems very cheap, perhaps too cheap. What do you ladies think?
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I bought some of the SKII line, Facial Treatment Essence & UV Essence. It was great at first but I now see it's done nothing for my skin. The FT Essence has a few times made my skin itchy. I spent a lot of money on this and I can see this is overhyped. How's everyone else doing who started using this?

Any updates on Sekkisei lotion?

I'm now going to try a basic approach and try Dermalogica, I'd like to try the SPF 15 Sheer Moisture for everyday sun protection.
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the Medicated Seikisho Whitening Mask for several times, about once a week only. I thought I was purchasing the lotion thing as discussed so far in this forum when I purchased it, however, I thought I got it wrong, this is indeed a black sticky mask, it does little in whitening, but it is OK for clearing up blackheads, it gives me more transparent (not whitening) skin tone.

I am not quite sure of the right application method, I apply it on my face evenly (due to the sticky nature, it is very difficult to spread it out), leave it on for about 20-30 mins, and then I need to wash it off coz it's sooo.. thin that it's just sooo with the skin that I couldnt peel it off, but I have heard some people said that they could actually peel it off nicely. I dont know if this would make a difference, I doubt if the peeling action could help remove/lift out the blackheads?

My experience with this mask has been quite positive, it does give smooth, soft, and clear skin, it also helps control sebum, i.e. less oily skin, I also like the fact that this mask does not have the drying effect although it helps with the oily skin, (some masks that help control oil are too drying) I heard some ppl suggested using this 2-3 times a week, so, I think I will need to increase the frequency of usage.
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:31 am      Reply with quote
bbiz: the black mask is for you to peel Angel , don't wash it away. maybe you need to apply slightly thicker. It's not very difficult to peel.
personally think skII is overhyped only, there are many substitutes at a lower price with more or less the same effect. eg. Olay BHA products (they are from the same company P&G), neturogena fairness mask... etc.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm resurrecting this thread to see if people have got more things to say about SK2's FTE. I used it years ago (when SK2 didn't have as many products in the line) and then went on to using other brands. I recently repurchased a sample set (my sister stayed loyal all these years and she has such flawless skin, which she attributes to SK2) and am hoping this will work just as well for me.

p/s. Is being a product junkie good or bad? My sister stays put with one line and sees results. I switch brands even when I do see results!
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the FTE for a couple weeks now and am really pleased with the results so far. However it has only been a couple weeks so I don't want to say for sure that it's the holy grail. So far it is great though.

I have seen a huge difference in the 'sleep crumples' on my chest since I added the FTE to the routine (also using Epidermx II and Jurlique Neck Serum). I can also finally see the 'glow' to my facial skin that everyone talks about (on my face I use the FTE and Jurlique HRG).

I sure hope being a product junkie isn't bad or else I'm in trouble... Laughing
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the SK-11 products for 3 months now and I absolutely love them! The products really suit my skin. Usually, good effects from skincare, wear off for me after about 6 weeks, but this range just keeps on delivering. I use the FTE, Advanced Power Signs moisturiser, Skin Refining Treatment and the Eye Treatment Film. I also have the Facial Treatment Concentrate and the Repair C, but am not so impressed with these two, as I haven't noticed any difference when using these, but so far, so good with the other items.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
tried this few years back, and it broke me out and i have to stop using it.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm...I used Sekkisei lotion for couple of years when I was a teenager. I didn't find it very effective but maybe I was as pale as I could. It didn't take away brown spots though.

I love SK-II's FTE, not for whitening reasons. My skin looks great with it. It was my favorite skincare product before I discovered Vit-C and retinol products. I still use SK-II FTE on days I wear full makeup. Its a great base for makeup to go on and my skin glows with it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I can't say enough great, fantastic and wonderful things about SKII products I have tried. Nothing has ever calmed and balanced my skin as much as FTE. I use this as a core part of my routine every morning and evening.I also use the whitening mask once every month as it is so rich and I don't find it the most aesthetic. I use the Ultimate Revival Cream (LXP) as a night cream and all I can say is magic in a bottle. This is a fantastic product that delivers a real glow to the skin overnight. The UV Essence Protect is a fantastic day cream (but I am using Decleor Hydrafloral due to the travel friendly tube!)

The eye treatment film I got as a part of a package deal and it did not impress me. In fact I found it gave me darkness under the eyes. The Repair C was good but my skin is not very happy with Vit C anyway so it might give others great results.

I am not planning to change my skin routine from a mix of SKII and Decleor and I have retired all my IS Clinical stuff I bought as I got immediate results with SKII lines without the breakouts etc. It seems to work well for Asian combo skin like mine. Coupled with the Air Touch foundation, I guess you can surmise that I am a fan. Why? It just delivers and delivers for me. I buy only from SKII counters in London due to the scares on fakes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Got the entire SKII whitening line - the cleanser, both toners - clear and whitening, treatment essence, whitening serum, whitening moisturiser and mask, when I was in ASia. Worked great for about 3 months - my skin was so clear but it's effects seemed to have died off after that and yes, the sourish smell of the essence is a put off! The mask is a good pick me up - kinda like Valmont. I don''t think making on eup with the essence is the same as a packet SKII mask as the SKII mask's has more of a lotion feel. I still like the cleanser - it's gentle and does it job and the moisturiser - kept my skin soft and hydrated and I have sensitive skin. I don't know if I will be re-purchasing any tthing else but the masks after this though.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |