Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mumushop
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
basketballer wrote:
I have used a sample. The smell is not good. dose it contain alcohol?

Firs time I try it the small was not good.
Now, I used it for 4 month. Smell is not bad anymore and it give me a good result for skin.

mumushop
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a sample size and I broke out. It is actually touting the benefits of rice water. I think there are cheaper ways of getting it. Also, do drink porridge water. It is good for the system.
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I used a big bottle and saw no difference. Waste of $100. Sad
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:04 am      Reply with quote
I used a sample, and really couldn't figure out what it does...no added clarity, whitening, or zit zapping effect...

no moisturising..nothing!

Much prefer kose sekkisei lotion Laughing
lisaroberts
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Same here. Got past the smell fairly quickly, but noticed NO results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Same here, did nothing for me. I still have two-thirds of the bottle left, the smell is just unpleasant.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmnn alot of people mention stinging and weird scents with this product but I do not experience any of that..and I really really need products that are scented well or non scented. Okay it is not perfumed but it definitely to me does not smell of anything horrid at all. I buy from the counter...maybe you need to check that you are buying good stock? Just goes to show how people react differently to the same stimulus. [To me the cellcosmet eye cream I have smell like awful cheap perfume but I bought the darn thing so I am using it. gag. Also put away the emu oil as I really could not have it near me anymore! ughhh]

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with blacklace, I do not notice a smell from the FTE (and I hate bad-smelling stuff)! Mine was purchased from Saks so I am sure it is authentic. There's no smell at all, no perfume and no stinky smell, just nothing. I find it strange that so many say it has a bad smell. hmm
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:34 am      Reply with quote
First time I got it, I did not like its smell.
Finally, I like it smell nd like the result also.

But why stellamaris and Blacklace do not any smell of SKII facial essence? Idea
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
NoNaMe wrote:

i don't think they're saying it doesn't have a smell, simply that it is mild and not offensive. and i agree with them. perhaps it's because i'm in france and everything is so heavily fragranced here, but i find the Treatment Essence very lightly scented. i love what it does and how it feels, and my face misses it when i don't use it.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Smile
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
It's smell odd!
but sk2 say this is smell of barm.
I don't think it is worth of its price.
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't notice any smell when I used it. However, it didn't do a thing to my skin.
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:15 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
NoNaMe wrote:

i don't think they're saying it doesn't have a smell, simply that it is mild and not offensive. and i agree with them. perhaps it's because i'm in france and everything is so heavily fragranced here, but i find the Treatment Essence very lightly scented. i love what it does and how it feels, and my face misses it when i don't use it.

Amm.....I see. Doubt

I like SKII essence also.
girlsaidwhat
5% products discount

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I started using this about three weeks ago and I hate that I love it! Only because of the price. I have struggled for soooo long with my skin--it's very oily, but prone to dry spots too. Enlarged pores, blackheads...ugh. I shudder to think how much $ I've spent over the years in an attempt to tame this crazy skin. DIY products, drugstore products, high end products...my friends come over and say my tiny bathroom looks like a tiny Sephora! lol

It may be too soon to tell for sure, but early results indicate that this + their Clear Lotion (also not really a lotion) are winners for my skin. I've stopped using pretty much all other skincare--I only use the Clear Lotion and then the SK-II Treatment Essence as my every day, every night skin care. I can't recall when my skin has looked better, or been more balanced in terms of oil production but also not being dry in spots! Blackheads clearing, pores appearing around 80-90% better. Skin looks overall brighter too.

But for me, the biggest improvement by far is just oil control and properly moisturized, balanced skin compared to what it is normally. It's nice to not have to use such harsh things to dry up the oil and the blackheads, only to then have to moisturize to contend with those things. And now when I put on primer and makeup, it's not sliding all over my face. I need less foundation, just a bit of concealer, translucent powder and I'm good to go.

Yes, it's expensive but it WORKS, at least for me! And I'm sure I spent more from month to month trying different products that didn't work. I suspect if this keeps working for me, I'll be spending significantly less for this than I would usually! A little does definitely go a long way, too.
student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
summertimegirl wrote:
Quote:
Originally posted by babyfish
Summertimegirl,

On your list, you have SK-II Facial Treatment Essence as your favorite toner. I'd like to know how good is SK-II ptds.

Of course, please pardon my silliness, it must be very good your choice of toner, but have you tried the other stuff from this line as well. I heard it was created by a Japanese monk.

Wow! think about that, a monk whose interest is beauty(???), it must be an enlighten line of skin care. Would you please send me some extra thoughts? And I bet their stuff is good for vegans as well.

Thoughtcrime, you should check this one out too!:P:P:P

Hello Babyfish,

I thought I would answer your Q on the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence in a separate thread to the very cool skincare profile Alohagirl started!WinkWinkWink

Well I blame my friend Betty who is an absolute skincare NUT for railing me in on this product! She's like a product 'hound' testing out all these brands and blabs to me what's good to try-- don't you just love your women friends!! Very Happy She LOVES SK-II.

The SK-II Facial Treatment Essence is a beautiful toner to use, it feels like applying pure 'honeyed' water onto your skin after it's been cleansed. I say honey as that's what the scent reminds me of. If you like the moisturizing process to start with a toner, then this is it. Smile.... 5 drops in your palm, rub together and cup over your face, it leaves your skin really nice and fresh ready for moisture.... it claims to 'boost cell metabolism, replenish moisture, nourish skin cells, lighten blemishes and delay wrinkles...a big call for a toner!!..... For this reason the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence has taken the place of my Phytomer Face Dew, as it's more moisturizing. Mabsy, I love the faint rose scent but it wasn't moisturizing enough for me, it left me a bit tight...Sad it's my newly reinstated eye makeup remover!Very Happy

The Essence is described as a clear lotion, but the fluidity is not so much 'lotion' as we know it but is a little heavier than water, and it's a clear pale citrine colour. It comes in a 75ml and 150ml size frosted glass bottle. The opening is small so you can control how much comes out... no deluge or loss of product if you accidently knock it over! :P

This is the only product I have tried from the Japanese line so far but I came upon an interesting review of the SK-II Eye Treatment Film too and Babyfish you know what a sucker I am for products for the eye!!!:PWink:P I know this brand isn't sold on EDS and I'm not sure if the great ladies here will one day look into stocking it but never say never I guess!Very Happy

SK-II has a bit of a romanticised story behind it as well on how the secret of the product was discovered.... yes by a Japananese monk visiting a sake brewery, where he noticed that the brewery workers had extraordinarily soft and youthful hands....skincare scientists later attributed the secret to a clear, nutrient-rich liquid extracted during the yeast fermentation process. This liquid was named Pitera and now forms the basis of this precious skin care range, penetrating deeply into the dermis level, strengthening the skin structure and restraining the production of melanin for a clearer, youthful complexion..... but the interesting thing is it's created by Max Factor! :PSurprised:P

I really like this product... the only thing is the list of ingredients list only Pitera....single, sole ingredient (too hard to believe??), and it is in Japanese. :PSurprised:P

Summertimegirl xVery Happy

I have used both the skii treatment essence, mask and stempower cream.

My impression is that it definitely make you look good at lease for a day.

They make you look very radiant and the skin is clear and beautiful looking by asian standard.

I am pretty amazed by the effect that it Reall make you look much much better than my normal so I use it when it's an important occasion.

What I am not sure is the long term effect, because after all I do not use it every day when I have other toners.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |