Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

men... they are not so tough afterall....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
After a lot of persuation, I managed to get my husband to let me pick on the blackheads he has in the nose area. Call me weird, but I get huge satisfaction seeing those little yellowish blackheads coming out of the pores (sorry. not trying to be gross). In the back of my head, I think "die... die.... you ugly blackheads"

Anyways, he got lots and lots of blackheads and it took me forever to get most of them out. The whole time I was squeezing the pores in his nose, he was screaming and whining. At the end of the whole process, he said "I cannot believe you do this to yourself all the time"

Yes ladies..... we are definately tougher than them (men). Very Happy
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I thought I was the only one! I ALWAYS extract DH's blemishes, and I totally get some sick satisfaction from doing it, LOL! When I first suggested doing it DH was all weirded out, but now he actually comes to me and asks me to do it for him. "Die, blemishes and blackheads!!!"

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Do you use a tool to do this? Where do you get one? I've wanted to do this at times, but managed to keep my fingers off my face.. I figured nothing good could come of it.. but where do I find one of those tools.. I don't even know what they look like.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my god too funny! I do this too!

Hehehe...I don't think he'll like it if he saw this post... Bad Grin

He also used to have back acne...I used to do his back for him.

Men are so vain, they just don't advertise it like we do!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I do that to my boyfriend all the time. I also pluck his eyebrows which makes him whine like a BABY!

Laughing revenge is good...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've never had much luck with the tools, so I just (carefully!!) use my fingers. I've been dealing with acne for more than 10 years now, so I've gotten a pretty good feel for how to go after those suckers without making too much of a mess. (That being said, to this very day there are times when I just can't hold myself back any longer, try to extract too early, and then curse myself for the next two weeks while I walk around looking like a leper...sigh)

LOL!!! I also go after DH's occasional bacne--- what would these guys do without us?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
It doesn't happen often, but this is one of those times that I'm glad I'm single and not dating!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, at least your significant others let you do those things. My bf is so not into his appearance at all. I can't even get the guy to use chapstick. It's almost like using chapstick would him less of a man. So silly. Laughing
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
My SO also begain the regime of getting rid of blackheads after we live together for a while. Now, he knows how gross sometimes his nose can look Very Happy

I also love it when I hear him scream Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
Wow, at least your significant others let you do those things. My bf is so not into his appearance at all. I can't even get the guy to use chapstick. It's almost like using chapstick would him less of a man. So silly. Laughing

Yen, my guy was like that for the first 6 months we were together.. Now I can do anything. I trim his nose hairs, pop bacne, cut his hair, tweeze the brows, I even trimmed his armpit hair! I think he knows it makes me more attracted to him b/c I'm not staring at the hair hanging outta his nose when we're in bed. We even fart in front of each other and can laugh about it. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I don't do that, nor do I have the desire too... :-& He does it himself...

My question is, are you just now finding out they aren't as tuff as they want us to believe... Laughing
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
mine isn't as generous as some of you gals bf's! He can stretch to letting me tweeze the 5 greys he's got in his eyebrows - and he wines and winces at the pain Laughing

One of my ex's didn't have the stamina to say no, so he got the full works of blackhead squeezing. He screamed Laughing I loved it! It's some sort of fascination for icky stuff.

My mum used to press stuff out of my dads back...long white worms...and I so wanted to try it too, but she wouldn't let me...that's probably where I got my weird need to press stuff out of people from Laughing and it just might be a remains from our days as monkeys - grooming eachother Laughing
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
Yen wrote:

Yen, my guy was like that for the first 6 months we were together.. Now I can do anything. I trim his nose hairs, pop bacne, cut his hair, tweeze the brows, I even trimmed his armpit hair! I think he knows it makes me more attracted to him b/c I'm not staring at the hair hanging outta his nose when we're in bed. We even fart in front of each other and can laugh about it. Laughing

It's been 7.5 years and I still can't do that. Sad
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
My boyfriend doesn't like his face touched because he has sensitive skin, but the thing is, he has very nice skin! No pimples or blackheads! I guess I'm lucky that I have a guy who cares about his skin. I do want to tweeze him when his unibrow wax job starts to grow out, but I'm waiting for him to ask me.

But, you know, I don't think I'd want to squeeze his pimples even if he'd let me. I'm way squeamish! Yick!
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
My boyfriend doesn't like his face touched because he has sensitive skin, but the thing is, he has very nice skin! No pimples or blackheads! I guess I'm lucky that I have a guy who cares about his skin. I do want to tweeze him when his unibrow wax job starts to grow out, but I'm waiting for him to ask me.

But, you know, I don't think I'd want to squeeze his pimples even if he'd let me. I'm way squeamish! Yick!

you know... thats very interesting how men do not get like massive pimples. DH has blackheads, but he never has cystic acnes(not that I know). And as I remember, none of my male friends from college has bad complexion either.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
It's true, it seems like guys got the better deal in the whole blemish department. It's us girls who get to deal with fun hormone-induced flair ups!!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
It's true, it seems like guys got the better deal in the whole blemish department. It's us girls who get to deal with fun hormone-induced flair ups!!

I agree also. My bf calls me high maintenance because of all the skin care products that I use. Sad
Syr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 2:51 am      Reply with quote
puglove wrote:

Men are so vain, they just don't advertise it like we do!

Yes, true... most of them at least Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
This is too funny. I read this yesturday and didn't really think about it. Then I got my first shipment from here and my hubby looked at it all and asked if he could use it! (too bad he doesn't really know how much it cost me!!!). Then he starts telling me that he hates the puffiness under his eyes and asked what he could do to get rid of them!!!

I may have just created a monster! Shock
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm the lucky one in my family. My bro has the cystic nasty acne...and it's ALL over his face. It's horrible and he's so freaking sensitive about it. I asked him once if he was still using proactiv cuz there was a sale on the shopping network and he FREAKED...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
My hubby's quite happy to sit back and let me put products on him if I want to, but if I left him to his own devices he'd never even put on sunblock. Men!!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
DiverChick wrote:
This is too funny. I read this yesturday and didn't really think about it. Then I got my first shipment from here and my hubby looked at it all and asked if he could use it! (too bad he doesn't really know how much it cost me!!!). Then he starts telling me that he hates the puffiness under his eyes and asked what he could do to get rid of them!!!

I may have just created a monster! Shock

hahaha That's funny. Now if only I could get my bf to do that. I'm more than willing to share my stash with him.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |