Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Not a forehead II but a forehead I?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've noticed you guys talking about the forehead IIs. I don't have those... yet... but I have noticed that one line between my eyebrows is getting deeper and more noticeable. It's not in the II pattern you guys talk about, though... in fact, I see no signs of that scenario developing. This is just one distinct, bold line.. getting bolder by the day. Confused

Is this common? For you guys, was this stage a precursor to the IIs? Or does everyone just have diff. patterns of lines for their forehead, corresponding to their individual facial expressions?

Oh yeah, and more important: any way to subdue this sucker?
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have it too!!

I just try to convince myself that it builds character... Rolling Eyes
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Botox to relax the muscle and then a retinol product to reduce the line on the surface. Basically, you have to retrain the muscle or relax it in order for the line to not keep forming.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
This post caused me to take a good look at what I call my "11," at which point I realized that one of the two lines is definitely more pronounced than the other. Not surprisingly, it's the side that I sleep on.

That said (maybe having no relevance at all Laughing ), my guess is that the line you're seeing is the same "thing" as an 11 for the purposes of treating it. Like the previous post, I think the most "effective" form of treatment is Botox. The next option would be a topical muscle relaxer like ADCE or Relax-A-Line that there have been many posts about. Just run a search of the forum and you'll get inundated with excellent discussions and comparisons of these kinds of products. I was seeing some results in my 11 with a sample of ADCE, but I've decided to try Relax-A-Line before committing.

Good luck. You'll definitely get good advice here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 12:00 am      Reply with quote
I definitely have more of a "1" than an "11", but it's a pretty deep 1! I think it might depend on where the strongest muscle movement is on people's individual faces as to how these develop. Whatever, the're nasty Sad .
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Yup...I have the "1" going on, too! Laughing

Mine is actually not smack between my brows...for whatever reason, it's right next to my left brow. And that is actually the side I sleep on, so like LandB said, that might have something to do with it...

Thankfully, the "1" is pretty faint at this point, so I'm trying to reverse it/keep it at bay as best I can. So far, I've used Browtox and been pretty happy with the results...but after all the posts about the Relax-A-Line products, I think I'm going to try that next. I have also started with the L'Oreal Wrinkle Decrease Collagen Filler, but too early to tell if that's helping.

In terms of "instant gratification" if I really want to make the "1" disappear, I use the Pure Luxe Eraser that was recommended here on EDS. I love it! I have a tiny pot of the cream version, and just a little dab on my "1" makes it invisible. I also like to use the Arctic Frost "freeze" cream from time to time...$29.00 at Walgreens and the container will last forever since you don't need much.

Hope this helps!
Mary Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |