Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Advice for post illness scarring
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!
My sister has been left with some scarring on her face from a recent (well January) illness (we think she caught chickenpox off her little girl!). She has always had beautiful skin but she's been left with red scars some of which are depressions.

We are planning on getting her a course of peels or microdermabrasion for her birthday but we need to save up first. In the meantime being the nice big sister I am Laughing I thought I'd treat her to some products to see if we can help fade the redness left (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) in the meantime.She has tried Bio oil with not much success.

Anyway I was thinking of getting her a peel, maybe PSF Pumpkin and Vitamin C serum. Has anyone else got any recommendations (I was wondering about PSFs retinol)?

Thanks in advance.

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Try Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel. They also came out with that peel in a sensitive formulation too. Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Yen on the Juice Beauty peel---what did you think of this peel when you tried it, Lucia? I haven't tried the PSF Pumpkin peel, but I've heard good things about it and I've also heard that it smells really yummy, which could also help boost your sister's spirits! There's also this serum from Dermadoctor called "Immaculate Correction" which does a nice job fading both age spots and red marks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
I liked the Apple Peel - just not used it enough to be able to judge results!
It feels more active on the skin than the Pumkin one which feels warm whereas the Apple feels tingly.
I felt they both have comparable results but my pores looked smaller the next morning with the Apple.
Thanks for the recommedations - I was thinking of investing in some of the apple peel for myself so may get two, one for me and one for my sister.
Will check out the Dermadoctor product.:O)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel for three weeks now...I get really excited whenever the new week starts. I can't wait for the rest of my scars to fade. Smile
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
You might like to have a read of the info on the Juvedical line as the main ingredient was developed for medical use to treat burns. Although the cosmetic version is probably a lesser amount, it may help with the scarring and red marks and will certainly not cause any further redness or burning.
Seewww.juvedical.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 12:10 am      Reply with quote
I had the pox when I was like 16.. so it was quite traumatising. I could imagine how it would feel to get it even later in life!!

I found using pure rose hip oil helped A LOT with the scars. I couldn't believe what I was doing weeks after the scabs had healed - running around the Australian sun with NO sunscreen on!

I'm so surprised that I didn't end up with worse pox marks doing so much careless damage to my skin.

I think it would be good to buy your sis some 'healing' products like C serum, oils with high fatty acid content (bio-oil doesn't seem to work very well with new scar tissue for me, but helped with older scars), and try the peels at a later stage once the soft tissue has healed better.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |