Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Help for oily hair :x
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
oli_d
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 12:08 am      Reply with quote
A friend has really oily hair and was wondering if anyone knows of any products that are good for that, or anything that she can do to slow down the oil production or absorb it. She has to wash it every day, and if she skips a day her hair is noticeably greasy. She has tried most hair care products that are formulated for oily hair but nothing seems to work.

oli
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Does she get highlights, or is she interested in them? I have an oily scalp and my hair is much less oily when I get highlights.

Try to search the forum because I remember at least one in-depth post about ways to minimize an oily scalp to avoid daily washing.

Some folks discussed the right way to apply powder just to the roots, which helps for many people.

If you can't find the thread(s), let me know and I'll search, too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9644&highlight=

Here's one...
oli_d
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 12:55 am      Reply with quote
thnx for the replies, you've been a great help Very Happy

oli
raine
5% products discount

Sun May 07, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
tried nioxin hair range for oily hair (even if you do not have hair loss) and it works wonders for me, such that i've been using it for 3 years now, which is amazing. i've always have this habit of trying out new hair stuff, from shampoo to hair conditioner to leave-on.

the shampoo and conditioner really makes your scalp not so oily.
ejwb84
5% products discount

Wed May 10, 2006 4:02 am      Reply with quote
i have a really oily scalp Very Happy i use volumizing shampoo though - because apparently its less oily and 'lighter' (makes sense cuz you want that extra oomph). it does seem to help Smile
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
She could use some baby powder in her hair to absorb the oil...they also sell products called 'dry shampoo'. I remember people making a big deal about one produced by "Bumble & Bumble" back in the day.
ejwb84
5% products discount

Wed May 10, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
haha i tried that once, but i must have done it really bad because i ended up looking like i had dandruff/flaky scalp.

you could use an oil absorbing sheet during the day..

another tip i read about was to wash your hair with salt water right before you head out - because as it dries it gives you sea-breeze hair - without looking oily. i've tried this before and it does work. though it's annoying to make your own salt water when you're in a rush.
4tessa
5% products discount

Thu May 11, 2006 1:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm a hair dresser and I've lots of education in hair condition,for oily scalp ,you should shampoo at last once a week with a clarifier shampoo to remove all sebum and oil came from your own skin,Shampoo Kerastase Bain Clarifiant is regulating shampoo for oily SCALP AND OILY HAIR ,AND STILL VERY GENTLE ON YOUR HAIR,COLORS OR NOT,
ALTHOUGH THEY ARE A LITTLE EXPENSIVE TO BUY,THEY'RE STILL THE NUMBER ONE PRODUCTS FOR HAIR CAE REGIMENTS,i CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT ALL THEIR OTHER LINE!
i DON'T WORK OR MAKE ANY COMMISSION FROM THEM,THEY JUST HAVE GOOD PRODUCTS i WANT TO SHARE WITH EVERYBODY,THANKS
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Does she get highlights, or is she interested in them? I have an oily scalp and my hair is much less oily when I get highlights.

This is true, i experience the same thing. When i get my hair dyed, or highlited, my hair is much less oily.
Also when people wash their hair everyday, your body will produce more oil than it is used to since you are stripping the moisture and oil so your body feels like it should produce more oil.
I use the Neutrogena Anti-residue shampoo and it's good for really giving your hair a good clean feeling.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |