Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Electric Tooth Brush For The Face?!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Anyone ever tried this?

I have done it twice now and really like the results.

I don't "scrub". I just lightly press in circular motions.

My skin feels very smooth and clear afterwards. Although if I had a break out not sure if I would try this...?!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
So are you are using a "regular" electric toothbrush on your face???? Seems like this is the same idea some toothbrush maker had and is calling it the Clarisonic (maybe spelled wrong)
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yes! Very Happy

I just got an urge one day.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Lucinda...I would have never thought of this, but now I'm intrigued (especially since I've been wanting a Clarisonic and it's not cheap)! What brand of electric toothbrush do you use, and do you use it with some sort of liquid cleanser? Details, please!

Mary Smile
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds like a great idea!! I'm going to try it!~
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Did you use a new brush head? Doesn't it hurt?
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I use the "Oral B" brand. I'm sure any brand would be fine though!

I didn't use it with a cleanser. I used it after I cleanser. I'm sure you could use it with your cleanser as well though.

Does not hurt at all! Although I have to confess... I did use a tooth brush head that I had been using on my teeth, so it wasn't as hard as new bristles would be.

Now I just swap the heads of the tooth brush when going from teeth to face. Very Happy

I think putting a mask on after gives the best results, because you skin is so exfoliated and pores are clean... (i think...)...
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda,

Are you getting better results with the toothbrush compared to regular facial scrubs?
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
hmm.. Well usually I use exfoliating masks rather than scrubs. Not really a fan of harsh scrubs. Sometimes I will use a scrub with AHA's or something gentle... But I definitely think that my skin is liking the tooth brush better.

I have never had microdermabrasion, but to me it feels like what I would imagine that would feel like. That is just my opinion.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to try my electric tooth brush and Clarisonic brush tonight to see which side of my face feels better!!! But the tooth brush is so small compares to Clarisonic brush.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Once in a while, I use my electric toothbrush on my lips to take away the dead skin.. Afterward, my lips are no longer chapped, but very nice and smooth!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Have to try it. Thanks
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I want to try it as i also have an electric toothbrush. But I would like to know what is the mechanism behind. Can any one used before tell me?
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
AH! I used to do this! I used my regular toothbrush with a different brush head.. one specifically for my face! I just decided to try it one day and liked it... I use a micro fiber cloth these days, haven't taken the toothbrush to my face in awhile.. I may do it again to mix things up since I've forgotten all about it! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I'm going to try my electric tooth brush and Clarisonic brush tonight to see which side of my face feels better!!! But the tooth brush is so small compares to Clarisonic brush.

MACrisis, what's the results? I've been hearing about this clarisonic brush...the toothbrush just as good?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 12:11 am      Reply with quote
I tried it on Friday night. All of my electrical tooth brushes (3) did not work. I have not use them for at least 2 years. I used a cheapie one, operatored by battery. The bristls are harder than Clarisonic, and much smaller. I did not feel as safe as Clarisonic when using E. tooth brush. The result was, my face did feel almost the same using E. tooth brush or Clarisonic but I don't know if E.tooth brush cleans pores as good as Clarisonic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Everyone check out this site
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=55414

They talk about exfoliating with a electric toothbrush or brush Very Happy well a girl posts pictures but they're mostly talking about some cream but i know i read a thread on that site about using a toothbrush

I'm yet to try it
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
This sounds intriguing and worth a try, but Lucinda do you use the toothbrush on dry skin?

Anya
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
^^ umm... yeah... i do use it on my dryish areas. i think that it helps my moisturzing mask which i put on after to work better.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 2:58 am      Reply with quote
I think you're all off your heads rofl
ejwb84
5% products discount

Wed May 10, 2006 11:02 am      Reply with quote
actually, i do this too. i really wanted to buy the clarisonic and only did this as a cheaper alternative. but it has been working wonders Smile

i used to do it with the cleanser but i think it works better (not sure though) when you do it when your skin is wet, but before or after you've used ur cleanser.
echokitten
5% products discount

Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I thought about this too. Laughing I would love to get a Clarisonic but $195 is way too much. I did find a cheaper sonic cleaner called Pretika but the brush doesn't spin. So I guess I'm going to stick with my Buf Puf at least for now.
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
My cosmetologist told me that using the brushes on face may be enlarge the pores in a long run. Do you find this problem?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
A "baby" hairbrush works perfectly!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I used to have a horizontal line on my head, from constantly raising my brows, and years ago, I tried an electric toothbrush. It wasn't one of those sonic ones mind you, it was just a standard electric one and I used it on the area where the line was. It would go very red (probably because of the increased circulation and friction) and I think that in tangent with facial exercises and massage helped the line to vacate - as I no longer have it now.

I am a little weary though of using those sonic brushes - as the sonic waves are meant to be very penetrating and I would worry that it might effect the skull but if your having good results with it then go for it!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |