Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Help me choose a luxurious new creamy cleanser....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I've decided I need a pick-me-up and so have spent all day researching my next skincare purchase and got myself all worked up.... Embarassed
I have decided (just in the last few days after reading some other threads here...) that I want a luxurious new creamy cleanser (besides my other one only has a third left in it, Ive done well to hold out this long!!).
I currently have a glycolic cleanser, and its ok (part of a regime which I will not continue with once its gone). What I've decided I want is a nice soft cream cleanser that will have a nice scent, and leave my skin moist and clean rather than tight and clean (like glycolics can do).
I've used the PSF ones, the Green Tea in full size, and it was very good, but am looking for that extra luxury feel and experience (its all about feeling pampered for me right now - although it should still clean my face I guess...)
What I seem to have come up with is....the cellcosmet cleanser (although need to talk myself into this one a little more as it's really, really expensive and I'm kinda of unemployed right now Shock Thank God for credit I guess), and Id like to try the Patricia Wexland Anti-Aging cleanser (got all excited after the MUA raves and the low price, but alas, no shipping to Australia Sad ), and then I thought I'd try the Caudalie since I have a few other of their items I'd like to try, but I'm not sure if its a soapy one or foaming (which I seem not to cope well with, again the tightness of foaming/gel cleansers is not nice for me).
Non Glycolic Cleansers I've tried:
Decleor Foaming (nice smell, but too drying for me)
Dermalogica Essential Cleanser (very good, but want to try a new one... Wink )
PSF Green Tea Cleanser

Any suggestions, thoughts???
Mabsy

Sun May 07, 2006 4:43 am      Reply with quote
I'd be going with the Cellcosmet one - I really like this one. I don't use it daily but it's great for that something extra. Another really nice and luxurous one to consider is a Valmont cleanser smt049 Ooooo, I also just remembered about the Jurlique cleansing lotion - it's gorgeous!

Now, this comes down to personality, but my advice would be to stick with something cheapish and not buy that luxurious one till you don't have to put it on credit. I *hate* being in debt and cannot relax when I know that I am owing money so the cleanser (for me in that situation) would not actually improve anything but would make things worse. Sorry, just had to add my Au$0.02....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
try living nature vitalising creamy cleanser:
VITALISING CREAMY CLEANSER
Gently lift impurities without stripping your skin's natural oils. With manuka honey, this pH balanced creamy cleanser gently removes dirt, maintains the skin's moisture level and helps improve skin textrue. Gentle on eczema skin. To use: morning and night apply a small amount to dry face and gently massage into skin for a few seconds. Rinse thoroghly with tepid water. Guaranteed fresh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:
Water, macadamia oil, avocado oil, wheat straw extract, kumerahou extract, meadowfoam extract, grapefruit seed extract, sclerotium gum, honey extract, vitamin e, grapefruit oil, honey extract, manuka oil, totara extract, manuka honey, tea tree oil, lemon myrtle oil. (1105)
It is dirt cheap (8.95/3 month usage) and totally luxurious, and never leaves your skin tight. It cleans a lot better than PSF green tea cleanser.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
How about Philosophy Purity made Simple? I've never used it long term (just samples), but it's really nice, creamy, it cleans, and it's not too expensive if I remember correctly. There's a couple sizes to choose from, the smallest is like 8 oz for $20.

Oprah likes it. Very Happy

I can relate with wanting to soothe stress with retail therapy, buying pampering products. I usually splurge as a reward for making it through a tough few weeks at work, or when I've been good and not bought myself anything for awhile.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 12:09 am      Reply with quote
I would definitely agree on Cellcosmet as I think this line is real luxury but if the expense is an issue then in the meantime Olay have some very nice and inexpensive cleansers that would get you by until you can afford to splurge.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 12:25 am      Reply with quote
I personally like Chantecaille Flower Infused Cleansing Milk very much. It has a creamy texture and slips on my face so smoothly. And the scent is simply divine!! It smells of roses but it's much more subtler when compared to, say, Jurlique Rosewater which I find too strong. Razz
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanking you all for the ideas - sometimes half the fun is in the searching and anticipation of a purchase rather than the buying (hence drawing out the retail therapy... Smile )
Think I will leave the cellcosmet for now...wait for a sample maybe... Wink Will let you all know if I find something really nice...
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I love the milk cleanser by a line called Peau Vive. It is an Italian line that you can find online or in spa's. It smells really wonderful and they make it for normal or sensitive skin.
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
If you're in Australia, you must try Nimue cleansing lotion/gel...it's my new HG cleanser. I love the silky feel of it and the scent is somewhat of a non-scent, but really nice and very soothing.
Mabsy

Tue May 09, 2006 1:54 am      Reply with quote
hollywood wrote:
If you're in Australia, you must try Nimue cleansing lotion/gel...it's my new HG cleanser. I love the silky feel of it and the scent is somewhat of a non-scent, but really nice and very soothing.

Where do you get Nimue in Australia? I'm trying to this if I have seen it somewhere but I am coming up blank....

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 3:09 am      Reply with quote
hollywood wrote:

I haven't seen it anywhere either Confused . Would be good if you could let us down under know where you got it from and I'll look it up...
Thanks heaps anyway
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I love Patricia Wexland Anti-Aging cleanser. It has a rich, creamy feel but is rinsed off like a charm, leaving no greasy feelings. It takes off my makeup without any problem as well. I love the fact that it is non-foaming so it won't leave your face try.

It doesn't really has any scent so it might not feel as luxery as some aromatherapy products
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |