Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

question for baking expert
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I amt thinking about making some sort of mask from whipped heavy cream (i will whip it myself). But somebody told me that it does not keep for very long (it goes flat quickly). Is there a way to keep it pluffy for say a week? maybe freeze it? If I can do that. what container should I freeze it in?
cheers
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have no suggestions on how to keep it fluffy (I thought you had to add sugar to heavy cream to whip it??) but I have to ask-- heavy cream for a mask? I have this weird picture of a woman with a meringue-like substance on her face!! Laughing
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yeh, heavy cream is great for a mask!! The lactic acid amooths skin, and it's sooo moisturizing---makes your skin feel all dewy. I think roadtonowhere's idea is great--- let me know how it goes!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Oh yeh, heavy cream is great for a mask!! The lactic acid amooths skin, and it's sooo moisturizing---makes your skin feel all dewy. I think roadtonowhere's idea is great--- let me know how it goes!!

thats what i was thinking. I also want to add pineapple puree. Do you think i can still whip it if i add pineapple to the heavy cream?
oh and also, do i have to put sugar in order for it to whipped? (sorry for the stupid question. never make whipped cream before)
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 12:41 am      Reply with quote
You do not have to add sugar in order to whip cream. I always whip the cream first and add the sugar toward the end. Please don't add pineapple BEFORE you whip!!! That will cause you some problems....whip cream FIRST, then fold in the pineapple puree (gently mix it in with a large spoon).

As far as storage: it should keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, and it should keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.

Also - it is better to use heavy cream to whip rather than 'whipping cream'.

Have fun!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Okay now, BE HONEST - whipped cream, pineapple....is this a skin treatment or some kinky sex thing Exclamation Bad Grin Exclamation Bad Grin Exclamation Bad Grin

(btw a tiny pinch of cream of tartar will keep the cream firm longer - but just a teensy tiny pinch....)
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Whipped cream will keep in the refrigerator but after about a day it'll start to go flat. You can rewhip it before using. Make sure your pineapple puree is well-drained and add it just to the amount you're going to use as a mask.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Don't whip the cream, make creme fraiche it is more stable, delicious and a better mask ingredient due to the partial fermentation.

Take 1 c heavy cream
Add 1/3 c sour cream

Cover with plastic wrap and keep in a warmish place for about 24 hour. Pour off any liquid (I usually don't get any) and store in the fridge. It stay stable for a long time as long as u keep it cold and covered. It is not sour tasting just tangy and slightly thicker than whipped cream. It tastes wonderful with berries, I top salmon with this and paperthin lemon slices. I have used it in a mask and it is very refreshing.
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
If you use gelatin, it will stay "firm/fluffy" longer, so you can just keep it in the fridge.

I use gelatin when I make whipped cream frosting (best cake frosting in the world!), so I think if you just adjust your portions and leave out the vanilla and sugar below, you would have a great base for folding in other ingredients.

Whipped Cream Frosting Recipe:
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
3 Tbsp water
3 cups heavy cream
1.5 cups confectioner's (powdered) sugar
1.5 tsp vanilla

This makes enough for frosting a large cake, and you will probably have some left over!

1) Put 3 Tbsp water in saucepan and sprinkle 1 packet/envelope unflavored gelatin (like Knox) over the water; let sit for a few minutes for gelatin to soften

2) Add 1/3 cup cream to gelatin/water and begin to heat over lowe heat--stirring until gelatin is fully dissolved

3) Transfer to large bowl and stir in remaining cream--cover and chill in fridge for an hour

4) Beat cream mixture on medium speed until peaks form

5) Beat in confectioner's sugar and vanilla

If you're using this as frosting, you can beat in other flavors or food coloring, etc. in step 5.

If you're using this for a face mask I would drastically reduce all the proportions because this makes a lot of frosting (though maybe having a higher gelatin ratio would be good for the texture of the mask?), and of course leave out the sugar/vanilla.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Don't whip the cream, make creme fraiche it is more stable, delicious and a better mask ingredient due to the partial fermentation.

Take 1 c heavy cream
Add 1/3 c sour cream

Cover with plastic wrap and keep in a warmish place for about 24 hour. Pour off any liquid (I usually don't get any) and store in the fridge. It stay stable for a long time as long as u keep it cold and covered. It is not sour tasting just tangy and slightly thicker than whipped cream. It tastes wonderful with berries, I top salmon with this and paperthin lemon slices. I have used it in a mask and it is very refreshing.

Do you use the regular heavy cream that 's in the dairy case? And when you say "warmish place", is that at room-temperature? I've seen many recipes with those instructions but I've always a little wary to try making it. Confused
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 9:27 am      Reply with quote
warmish place would be just on a counter at room temperature (say around 22celcius).

You could also try yoghurt cheese.. you can line a seive with muslin (or even paper towel or a coffee filter) and scoop in plain, unsweetended yoghurt (go for one with actives), cover and put in the fridge and all the whey (liquid) will run through and you are left with a thick, almost marscapone-texture, yoghurt. We have a special bottle for this. Good for the face and for eating!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes I just meant keep it on the counter but if it is a very cold room (<65F) it does not work well. Heavy cream works best but you can also use whipping cream from the grocery. I like it because it is much less work/dirty dishes than the whipped cream alternatives. I also just really like the taste.

Yes I also use yogurt cheese just by leaving the yogurt on cheesecloth over a bowl in the fridge.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:

Take 1 c heavy cream
Add 1/3 c sour cream

shary, whats the final consistency of this?
thanks
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
It is heavier than whipped cream but not firm like sour cream. Sort of the consistency of buttercream frosting.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
fyi cream whips up MUCH faster and better when it is really cold--i always put the cream in a bowl in the freezer for about 10 minutes before i whip it.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |