Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Try Lumiport's Dermastyle Acne Pen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
How is it? Is it worth the $149? Does it really work. I'm having an issue with cystic acne right now along my cheek and jawline. One pops up and starts to heal and two more pop up in its place! Very Frustrating!!!
Sad

TIA!
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 12:57 am      Reply with quote
I do not use it, but I was gonna get it today til I found out that dermastyle uses red and blue light to kill acne. And since I am also using retin a, I cannot purchase it.
Anyways, I think dermastlye is like the mini version of the light therapy that you can get at the derm's office.

Well, let us know how it works if you decide to get it.
cheers
charlibets
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Did a search to find this thread instead of starting a new one. As this was posted awhile ago, I'm wondering if anyone can chime in with some experience for this acne light. I'm thinking of getting this for my kids.

My daughter is nearly frantic about breakouts, and they are mild compared to many kids, but admittedly, they are noticable. Today, she got her first "underground" type and she is devastated. I've tried many, many things and most probably do work - but nothing really clears their skin completely. My son is using Benzclin, with good results.

I was hoping that maybe this light would be something that would help them get clear periodically. I know, as teens they will still get some pimple along the way. The dermastyle pen seems to be the best value for acne light treatments.

TIA
Betsy
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
charlibets--- good for you for realizing how devastating acne can be for teens!! I talked to my derm about this pen and she was sceptical--- she doesn't think it would be able to do much good. Luckily, in my experience those nasty underground blemishes respond well to treatments containing sulfur. I would recommend starting off with Peter Thomas Roth Acne Spot and Area Treatment as it contains 5% sulfur as well as BHA to unclog pores. Just be careful with any sulfur treatments as they are quite potent and a little can go a long way! If you are interested in trying the prescription route for your daughter, you might consider asking your dermatologist about sulfacet. I believe it is a topical antibiotic like Benzyclin, however, instead of benzoyl peroxide it contains sulfur, so it's really good for those underground monsters. HTH--- please keep us updated!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, we have a couple of products with sulfur and it does work somewhat - right now we have the Silken Pearl Pate and she spot treats with that at night.

I bought the IFP AHA/BHA for her but I haven't had her start it yet - the disclaimer that breakout's could get worse before better has me waiting until she is in a better state of mind. She was hopeful to start the new school year with a clearer complexion and I did not want to risk it being worse than now, as she is in tears every other day.

I had her do OCM, plus steaming with hot detox tea and then made an aspirin + manuka honey + clay mask for her to wear around the house for awhile. The biggie did get smaller, but it's definitely there. I'd bought her some mineral makeup to use as coverup and that is helping - she's just 12 and I was not encouraging makeup so far, but I actually encouraged her to put on a little mascara to help with her own view of how she looked in the mirror - sometimes a little eye makeup can distract from the blemish problem - sure enough, later in the day it was the first thing her brother noticed and gave her a hard time about. Wink

My son is the one with a worse acne problem- but the recent start with Benzaclin has really helped him - not totally clear but a world of difference. My daughters is pretty much on her forhead and worse than before, but definitely at bay, but she is much more upset about her skin. I am hoping that when she starts her period, her breakouts might become a monthly problem - she hasn't started, so her hormones are probably just raging out of control with no cyclical pattern.

Betsy
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:02 am      Reply with quote
The dermastyle pen is crap....I looked forward to seeing results, but it only aggravated my acne further. I would not recommend this product, since it takes forever and it does the opposite of what its supposed to do.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Ocean Lotion (180 ml / 6 floz) Skin Biology Protect & Restore High Retinol and Oil of Lavender - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz) Payot Supreme Jeunesse Nuit (Night) (50 ml / 1.6 floz)