Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin after weight lost
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jane09

Mon May 08, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
hi all!

i'm extremely curious if anyone knows any products that help tighten skin after weight lost? this is alittle embrassassing but not only do i have to deal with that, but also stretch marks as well. i need help!!! i'm doing everything else i can do, like modifying my diet, and exercising, but after 30 pounds, i feel like i looked better before. if anyone knows anything that will actually work, and i'm not wasting money, i would greatly appreciate it!!! Confused
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Drink lots of water...

I have heard that the Janson Beckett products like ADCE work well for sagging skin...

There is a Pumpkin Serum by Garden Botanika that is supposed to be great for stretch marks...

You may also want to look into the Reverse Lift products by Serious Skin Care sold on hsn.

I have, however, used none of the above, so I cannot attest to how well they work. I do know, however that Janson Beckett sells a pack of samples of their top products if you want to try them. You may also be able to score a pack on Ebay for a discount.

Good luck and CONGRATS on the weight loss!!! I am trying to shed a few myself.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think there is any product that will "fix" the sagging skin problem after weight loss. The best you can do is be patient and persist with exercises that will build some muscle to provide some toning. I think there are some products that could help with firmness on your face so perhaps have a look at some of the other threads on this forum.

Tue May 09, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm definitely going to look into them, can't hurt? And drinking lots of water is something I really haven't been doing. So that's number one on my list!!! It's like a no brainer, but I just don't have the time, but I'm going to make the effort. Thanks again, I'll post the products that I tryed out, so others will know what works. Very Happy
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Water really helps skin to retain its elasticity, so it is very important...

What I used to do when I was out and about a lot was to freeze a water bottle half full of water, take it out in the morning and fill the rest from the fridge and carry it with me as I do not do well with warm water at all... yick!

If you are one that does not like drinking water, try Fruit20 or adding a touch of flavor... there are natural sugar free flavor drops out there but I cannot recall who sells them.... try a google search if that interests you.

Exercise is good too... There are certain exercises that will give you more results in the areas that you need... even if you can put aside 5 minutes every morning just to start something, it is better than nothing and it may help you to build a healthy habit.

Definitely let us know what you try and what works for you! Also, any weight loss tips would also be welcome! Very Happy
jane09

Tue May 09, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bosoxy!

I'm on the "Zone" it's the only diet that's worked for me. I eat balanced protein/carbohydrate meals that stablized my hormones, hunger cravings everything!!! It's freak'n fantastic. The only downer about the Zone, is that you actually have to read, and learn the program so, you can stay in the zone. It's cheesy, but it works!!! I'm halfway to my goal weight,and I'll definitely keep posted about the products that work. If all else fails, there's always plastic surgery!!! Wink
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
exercise and massage are essential.

For stretch marks, there is a post at the top of this forum http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12263
where the company is offering a 1oz free bottle to try. Not sure if it is open still, but I have one from the offer but have not used it yet.

For the firming of the face, I never noticed improvement with ADCE and prep, BUT many others have! I have also been hearing good things about the IS Clinical firming cream (what I think I will be getting), raves for Gatineau Firming Throat Gel (what I wanted but not available here on EDS), and also Amino Genesis peptides.

Do keep us updated!!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Zinc and fish oil supplements are excellent for conditioning the skin, both should help to speed up the skins own natural healing process and help reduce some of those stretch marks.
I have also seen many raves for Bio-Oil and Palmers Coco Butter Lotion for stretch marks.
I agree with drinking lots of water and also green tea, Celestial Seasonings do a lovely green tea and mint!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I am sooo glad that the Zone is working for you! I knew a woman who lost over 100 pounds on the Zone a few years ago... Anything that works for you is not cheesy at all!

I wish you lots of luck on getting the rest of the way and maintaning it for life.

Rosebud, the information about the zinc and fish oil supplements is interesting. I was not aware that they were so beneficial to the skins healing process.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I lost 40 pounds three years ago and was quite saggy for a while. Pilates, facial exercises drinking plenty of water and green tea, eating good oils, little sugar or white flour and very little processed foods helps. I also use a neck firming cream with DMAE (I now supplement my creams with DMAE from Skin Actives)and many other creams (including Estradiol a hormone cream I now take HRT).

With everything I now have very little sagging but it took over a year. I am likely older than you though (just 51).

Good luck.
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I've been looking into this myself because I've lost weight and have been working out diligently since Jan./06 and have some skin "sag" on certain areas of my body... what I've read re body skin sag after weight loss (don't know about the face) is that there is probably still fat there! Plastic surgeons, etc. will state that there is nothing you can do about it so you will get sucked into surgical procedure. I'm not even overweight, maybe only about 5lbs. but body fat is body fat no matter what your weight is. Keep up with the dieting, work out, etc. Getting the percentage of body fat down (replaced by muscle) should tighten up the skin. The last few pounds (of fat, that is) you have to lose is sometimes the hardest part...
jane09

Sun May 14, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Everyone for the Reply's, & Happy Mother's Day for those who are Mommies!!! I'm definitely going to try the Zinc, and fish oil, since they're supplement's and it's good for overall function. And there's something else that I've just started trying for tightening skin. Seating in the Sauna for 10-15mintues, after my workouts. I'm not sure how it's going to work out long term,but my skin is starting to have this glow, that was'n't there before. I'll keep everyone posted on my quest for beautiful skin! Very Happy
jane09

Tue May 23, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Y'all

I few weeks ago I submitted a post about skin after weight lost. Well...there no magic lotion that's going to tighten the skin back up. Here's what I've found that will help instead:

1.) Dry Skin Brushing (before a warm bath)

2.) Green Tea Bath Soaks (antioxidant)

3.) Taking 100% pure Collagen (capsules orally)

4.) Drinking alots of water (per other post Smile )

5.) Weight Training and Strenght Training i.e pilates, yoga, weight lifting. (per other post Smile )

I'm going to keep researching other supplements that what work. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

Thanks and Cheers!!!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |