Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Decleor 101
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi decleor lovers, what line do you think I should try? (ylang ylang, rose, or neroli?) The reason I ask is that EDS has some great combos for the oil and the balm! Now, I really want to try them for my next order (before the mother's day orders special ends!) So pls help!

I am leaning on the ylang ylang...

I have normal to oily skin, occassional breakouts. Currently on Tretinoin at night hmm...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
I've been wondering the EXACT same thing!! Does anyone really know the difference performance-wise between those lines?

Tue May 09, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I'd go with Neroli and Essential Balm. I love the Essential Balm - great for decongesting skin. Neroli oil is also very nice.

Having said that, I think your skin is also suitable to the Ylang Ylang. I have been using the Ylang Ylang balm lately and have not found it to dry out my skin at all and I get similar results to the Essential Balm (or at least I think I do).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Ylang Ylang is for oily skin types, but the most commonly used one, which is fine for all skin types, is the Neroli and Essential balm. I have oily skin and use the neroli, I find the essential balm is great at helping to clear the skin. Use it at night a few hours before you go to bed to really get the benefit.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I just received my Decleor order from EDS yesterday. Smile I decided on the VITAROMA LIFT TOTAL line and Iris Essential Oil for my mature skin. I used it last night and my skin felt energized. I will post my review in a few weeks. I received the lip balm free with purchase and find it lovely. Sounds like you are young and have different issues. The Decleor specials on EDS right now are a great value. Dancing
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Does the 1/2 oz last you long?!?! It's quite pricey but I am sooo tempted Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
joziegrozy wrote:
Does the 1/2 oz last you long?!?! It's quite pricey but I am sooo tempted Smile

Although I have not used Decleor Oils before, I would think the 1/2 oz. would last a very long time. All you need is a couple of drops.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I cannot resist Sad I will order the ff....

Decleor Natural Beauty Coffret - Purifying
Decleor Aroma Duo Aromessence Neroli 15ml and Hydra Floral Creme 50ml

... So that I can get a free gift!!!!

*** Free Gift - Decleor Harmonie Gentle Soothing Cream (50ml) 1 $0.00 CAD

I just wonder if I'm getting too much oils on my face hahaaha!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi - My skin is different from yours as I can be a bit dry and a little sensitive at times. (Although this seems to be improving after using better products over the past few years.) Anyway, I love Decleor. The Rose oil, Essential Balm, and Harmonie Soothing Cream started off slowly for me but eventually I began to love the results and they have been my staple for a few years now (plus the ADCE and Skin Prep I've added for anti-aging...as I'll be 43 this year Wink )

Now I'm interested in reading Winnie's future comments about Vitaroma. I might have to give that a go sometime too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a bunch of Decleor samples recently. I tried out the Neroli oil and Hydra Floral moisturizing emulsion in the morning (after applying my C serum). I think I may have used too much of the neroli (it's hard to tell how much you are using with those sample bottles) because my skin felt pretty greasy afterwards with the combination of both products. I also tend to have oily skin to begin with as well! The other sample I had was the rose oil and rose night balm. As I use an aqua glycolic product on my face at night, I tried the rose products on my throat and decollete. WOW! The scent is soooooo wonderful. Very soothing and just perfect. It felt moisturizing without being greasy. I'll have to give it a go on my face for the real test though!
Go figure that the ylang ylang probably would work best for my skin type but that is the one sample I didn't get! Laughing
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 1:58 am      Reply with quote
The 0.5 oz lasts for absolute ages! You only need 1 dab on 3 fingertips, warm between fingertips and smooth over face in "light strokes" Laughing Smells delisch

Personally I'm not overly fond of the Hydra Floral, but I love my Harmonie...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
ejwb84
5% products discount

Wed May 10, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered mine today, the ylang ylang combo.. but I'm concerned about how tiny they are.. how long can I expect them to last? Very Happy
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 1:34 am      Reply with quote
ejwb84 wrote:
I just ordered mine today, the ylang ylang combo.. but I'm concerned about how tiny they are.. how long can I expect them to last? Very Happy

If you use the oil 1 a day you can expect it to last about a year! The balm is a 1 oz jar, should last you 7-10 months - if you use it every night.

Not bad in my opinion:)

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
ejwb84
5% products discount

Thu May 11, 2006 1:36 am      Reply with quote
that's awesome!! Laughing

really looking forward to receiving the goodies from eds now Cool
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 1:58 am      Reply with quote
I know!!! Laughing

and there are few things in life that are as exciting as waiting for your EDS box.

( Confused do I need to get a life? Rolling Eyes )

sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am now using the Aromessence Iris, I really like th smell. It goes far. I don't know what it's done for my skin but it helps me sleep.

Would anyone who has the Vitaroma Total LiftNeck etc. product list the ingredients.

Thanks.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sharky,

I don't have the ingredients of the Vitaroma Total LiftNeck but did receive a deluxe sample with my very recent order of the Vitaroma lift line from EDS. The writing on the sample is so small I can't read even with my glasses Laughing . I have been using it the past few nights and really like it. I never thought I needed an extra cream for my neck but it does seem to make a difference. In fact, tonight I ordered the full size from EDS.

BTW: I requested a sample of your beloved Jeneva Eye Serum but I guess EDS doesn't have it. They sent me a sample of Jeneva Face Serum. EDS has sent me several high end eye cream samples ( EDS). The one I am really loving is Pevonia C Gel. Somehow it smooths out my undereye area and helps flatten those bags. I just ordered the full size of that tonight also. The Pevonia does much more for my eyes than Cellosmet,Valmont or Dr. H. I should also be receiving the Vitaroma Eye Cream with my next order as it came with a purchase.

I'm back and spending money. Embarassed
missykiehls
5% products discount

Thu May 11, 2006 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I just received my Decleor order from EDS yesterday. Smile I decided on the VITAROMA LIFT TOTAL line and Iris Essential Oil for my mature skin. I used it last night and my skin felt energized. I will post my review in a few weeks. I received the lip balm free with purchase and find it lovely. Sounds like you are young and have different issues. The Decleor specials on EDS right now are a great value. Dancing

I bought the 'new' Decleor VITAROMA Lift Total Face and Neck cream also, its has the label 'Re-scrulpting' on the jar. But later, I found there's another VITAROMA Lift Total Face and Neck cream which comes with the 5ml Iris EO in the form of a gift set. They cost the same and I think the gift set is a better deal. I am just wondering which face cream you are using, since both sound rather similar.
Mabsy

Fri May 12, 2006 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
The one I am really loving is Pevonia C Gel. Somehow it smooths out my undereye area and helps flatten those bags.

Ooo! Winnie - I liked this as well and also liked their eye cream. I'm not particularly fond of the moisturisers I have tried but the eye products were very good!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I bought the 'new' Decleor VITAROMA Lift Total Face and Neck cream also, its has the label 'Re-scrulpting' on the jar. But later, I found there's another VITAROMA Lift Total Face and Neck cream which comes with the 5ml Iris EO in the form of a gift set. They cost the same and I think the gift set is a better deal. I am just wondering which face cream you are using, since both sound rather similar

The gift set I received included: Vitaroma Lift Total - Face Cream (50ml)(don't see resculping on my jar).
Vitaroma Lift Total - Neck and Decollete Gel-Cream (15ml)
Aromessence Iris (5 ml travel size)
Cotton Pads Pouch. I also purchased the Vitaroma Iris Night Balm and the full size of the Aromessence Iris.

I really can't say if there is a difference from what you purchased as I am new to Decleor. I caved and purchased as one of my dear friends has been using this line for a long time and has gorgeous skin.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Winnie: I looked at the Pevonia eye product the ingredients look good. How expensive is it and how do you buy it? It has no price and the message says to call EDS????
What is that all about.

Thanks.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Sharky,

You have to log into EDS to get the price. I believe it was 41.00??? I would go to EDS and look for you but I am leaving for PA in 10 minutes. My husband is giving me the evil eye. Rolling Eyes

Winnie
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all - I bought the same set as Winnie. The products smell very nice but perhaps because I haven't used them nightly, I haven't experienced any notable results. I've been so curious about Decleor -- I just don't know how to incorporate this set into my skincare regimen (currently trying Caudalie Radiance Serum to try to lighten my freckles before summer arrives). Also, The Vitaroma Lift Total in this set is not the one that contains a retinoid (Decleor has so many products it's dizzying to try to sort them all out). It's very rich and emollient and probably would've come in handier during the winter weather. These seem like bedtime treatments to me since they're so moisturizing -- I'd look too greasy using them under my sunscreen and makeup during the day.

I'm worried that if I layer too many products, they won't be as effective because they'll end up diluting each other's active ingredients. Any pointers would be welcome!

PS - it's so good to hear from Winnie again!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Decleor VITAROMA Lift Total for a few weeks. Love the smell, consistency. The weather is getting very warm and I think this product might be too heavy for me during the summer months. Ooch, I spent so much money. The good news is the neck cream/gel is very light and I am finding my neck looks smooth and the color is more even. The lip contour cream is very nice. I can't say that I have noticed any big WOW yet. I LOVE the Decleor lip balm. My lips feel sooo smooth. The balm seems to stay put for quite some time. I swear it makes my lips look fuller. This is most likely because of the hydration.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie for the update.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |