Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Touch ups during the day
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H wrote:
Last week I ran out of the house without any of my blusher compacts, so I had to stop at the drugstore to grab something before work. I came across the Almay Touch Pad Liquid Blush, and it wasn't too pricey (about $9.00) so I grabbed one in "Natural"...and I have to say, I really like this stuff! It goes on so smoothly, is non-greasy and has pretty good staying power (only retouched once during the day)...

Mary

I'm just wondering what else y'all touch up. I know people usually carry around lipstick/gloss/balm and/or powder, but I seem to carry everything! In my handbag I have a mini purse that has my powder compact, eyeliner, mascara, eyebrow pencil (I use powder shadow to fill in brows but after blots throughout the day I might have accidentally wiped it off a bit so I touch up with pencil. Maybelline, btw, makes wonderful eyebrow pencils that beat their pricy counterparts), lipstick and shadow of the day and blush - complete with all the brushes (thankfully BB makes them in special ed mini sizes, too, so they fit in the bag). If it were up to me I'd possibly carry around my foundation and eyeshadow bases, too!

No wonder my bag is so heavy Rolling Eyes Embarassed
snooops
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing I carry is blotting paper because of my extremely oily skin.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Pumpingmummy, you sound just like me!! Laughing I carry everything...I should just give up and get a suitcase on wheels to drag around after me. The makeup bag I put in my purse today contained a tube of mineral foundation, powder compact, blusher, eye shadow, Benefit's Ooh La Lift (sort of an under eye brightener and de-puffer), tweezers (I'm always looking in the mirror and seeing a stray brow hair that needs attention), concealer stick, Vincent Longo lip stain, Sugar lip plumper and 3 colored lip glosses. Embarassed The thing that's so ridiculous is that it's not like I use all of it during the day...I simply want it around "just in case"! Laughing

Mary Very Happy
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm always recurling my lashes... geez I must do it like ten times a day. I use the blotting papers, sometimes a little powder, and always some sort of lipgloss.. my lips NEED to be constantly covered in goop.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm...not that much actually.

I have makeup in my bag *just in case* but I don't necessarily apply it in the morning. Its usually in there because I forget to take it out from the previous day...or week. Rolling Eyes

But really - the bigger the bag the bigger the stash right?!? Very Happy

My usual touch up would include lipstick and sometimes powder. Thas' it.

Smile
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I keep at work some blotting sheets (from a Shiseido GWP), a MAC Studio Stick concealer pencil, lipbalm and a lipstick. Then in my purse, I carry a small makeup bag with lipstick, coloured lipbalm and concealer. I don't take too much with me just because my purse is really small ... those are the necessities! Smile
Chee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Shiseido blotting papers. I also need to carry a tube of concealer and a powder compact. At work I have a few blot papers and a small tube of concealer in my uniform pocket. Very Happy
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, I thought I was the only one!! I recently got tired of lugging around such a heavy purse, so I narrowed it down to the following: powder, blotting papers, lip venom, Dessert Beauty Taste lip gloss, Kiss My Face SPF lip balm, perfume, lotion, concealer, and sunscreen. (I also carry around a jar of bath and body works antibacterial wipes in case my deodorant stops working....)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 10:26 am      Reply with quote
The only touch up items I carry are my trusty Burts Bees Lipshimmer or a lipstick and a lipgloss to go over the top.
A comb for my hair and a clip to tie it back if the weather gets too windy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Ahhh....I feel a kindred spirit among those who do carry some type of makeup bag. It takes a lot of makeup products to create a natural, non-made up look!

I carry my lip "goop" a small cream blush, eyebrow pencil and a tube of eye cream in my purse, but always keep a few items in my laptop case....mascara, eyebrow powder, concealer, a neutral eye shadow, sample size jar or small tube of face moisturizer or a spritzer and small brushes. The stuff I carry in my purse gets used daily. The makeup I keep in my laptop case is there for 1. if I sleep in and need to put makeup on when I get to my office, 2. if I have a special meeting or presentation, and feel the need to touch up before, 3. if I have plans to go out after work and want to touch up before, and finally, 4. if I look like h*** and hope that a "spruce up" will make a difference. I'll get into this makeup bag once or twice a week, usually.

pummingmummy wrote:

Quote:
I use powder shadow to fill in brows but after blots throughout the day I might have accidentally wiped it off a bit so I touch up with pencil.

Mary...I can totally relate!! My eyebrows (and eyelashes) are totally white. I apply a blond eye brow powder to them in the AM, and keep an eyebrow pencil in my purse for touch ups, if needed, during the day. (sometimes, after a marathon meeting or several hours of non-stop work to meet dealine, I'll take a much needed trip to the ladies room and notice that half an eyebrow is gone! (rubbed off) I My favorites are Eliza Brow Powder in Fawn and Bobbi Brown eye shadow in Wheat. My fav eyebrow pencil is Mary Kay in Blond. All three of these are light and appear very natural on my eyebrows.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Hey Debra!

You are definitely not alone in carrying a bunch of things to keep that “natural” look going! Hey, we do what we gotta do... Smile

Actually, it was pumpingmummy that wrote about using the brow powder and retouching it during the day! I’m only bringing it up because it’s so ironic that you were talking about my brows (and yours) being totally white…mine are actually jet black and if left ungroomed, look dangerously like two caterpillars taking up residence on my face! Laughing I actually wish they were a bit less prominent…

Mary Smile
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H....oops!!! Sorry about that! One of the downfalls of Extreme Multitasking. Your brows appear to be on the opposite end of the spectrum! I guess you'd really freak out if you happened to glance in a mirror and see half an eyebrow missing!!! (well, the pigment anyway)

This must fall into the "grass is always greener" category, cuz I'd love to have thick, dark eyebrows, and a little color on my eye lashes would be nice.

On the weekends, I apply very little, if any, makeup, unless I have a hot date with hubby, but I won't leave the house without eyebrows!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
No worries, Debra! I just thought it was funny how you managed to peg me as the exact opposite of what I have! Laughing The brows are actually better than they used to be since I had someone shape them for me several years ago (I just pluck to maintain the shape). But if I just let them go without doing anything...scary!! Shock

Mary Smile
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I touch up lipstick, ocassionally mascara...that's about it!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I usually carry pressed powder for sure, also lip gloss, liner, mascara and brow pencil. (not much, lol!!)
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't this site just great? You think you're about the only one doing something and then you come here and discover there are so many just like you! Laughing

I carry my makeup bag not only for 'just-in-case', but also because I really DO touch up everything! (I just have to look fresh when I leave the office exactly the way I do when I come in in the AM!)
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 12:14 am      Reply with quote
My lovely little Jurlique GWP make-up purse is always full, but very little make-up in it.

IF I am wearing foundation I carry my MAC blotting powder, but I dont bother with blush/eyeshadow etc. However, I do carry a range of life's necessities ... mascara and eyebrow pencil (just in case I get a "hot date" with DH after work), a mini perfume and lipstick (really the only thing I touch-up during the day); oil blotting papers, individual tubes of eye drops (both for contacts and for allergies), ventolin puffer, panadene/panadol and some mylanta (ya never know..), a mini bottle of anti-bacterial gel, a handcream sample (currently Cellcosmet), and Babor lip balm.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 1:14 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
My lovely little Jurlique GWP make-up purse is always full, but very little make-up in it.

IF I am wearing foundation I carry my MAC blotting powder, but I dont bother with blush/eyeshadow etc. However, I do carry a range of life's necessities ... mascara and eyebrow pencil (just in case I get a "hot date" with DH after work), a mini perfume and lipstick (really the only thing I touch-up during the day); oil blotting papers, individual tubes of eye drops (both for contacts and for allergies), ventolin puffer, panadene/panadol and some mylanta (ya never know..), a mini bottle of anti-bacterial gel, a handcream sample (currently Cellcosmet), and Babor lip balm.

Oh Tiger, that's just my makeup bag I was talking about...don't let me start on my handbag! Rolling Eyes I have no room for handcream and blotting papers etc (let alone perfume) in my makeup bag - which is strictly for makeup touch ups! Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 1:17 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
Oh Tiger, that's just my makeup bag I was talking about...don't let me start on my handbag! Rolling Eyes I have no room for handcream and blotting papers etc (let alone perfume) in my makeup bag - which is strictly for makeup touch ups! Laughing

Good lord, do you carry a bucket bag around? Laughing Laughing
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 1:31 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
pumpingmummy wrote:

Good lord, do you carry a bucket bag around? Laughing Laughing

Seems like I do, doesn't it? Laughing I carry a shopper to work, BION! I bought a few new small handbags recently so that I'd HAVE to downsize the makeup items I carry, but I still find I use the big old bag a lot, and when I do use the small purses (because, say, they match my outfit more) they end up being fat because I manage to shove at least (on top of the usual lipstick and brow pencil which, thank God, can double as emergency eyeliner) my powder, blush (and brush) and eyeshadow (and brush) into them.

I am not vain. Really. Bad Grin
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi, This is all very funny, made me chuckle Laughing I too carry makeup to work, actually 2 bags- 1 for lip stuff and 1 for eyes, face and anything else that I stuff in there. But the really funny thing is, that I very rarely have time to touchup anything except maybe lipgloss or lipbalm. I'm a nurse and work 12hr. night shifts at a hospital so since I don't see too many awake people except my co-workers it doesn't seem as important. I guess I really should try to lighten up the load to help my poor old neck!Janet.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I bring a cosmetic case to the office everyday with Sephora blotting papers, Bonnie Bell Bugglegum Lip Balm, Lip Fusion XL, Chanel Foundation, Nars Cream Blush, Dior Show Mascara, Aquolina Chocolovers Perfume, DermaDoctor SPF 30 Sunblock, Dental Floss and Mini toothpaste/toothbrush.

I gave up on the eyebrow pencils. I also have white (blonde) eyebrows that you can't see and half way through the day would end up with half of my eyebrow missing when using Pencils.
katharina
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
i carry a lip gloss and desensitising cream with me most of the time. I actually keep some cleanser and toner at the place where i work, so that i can do some light cleansing during the day if my skin gets too oily.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |