Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Solutions/Products recommendation for congested skin???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Natning
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone! My first posting! Smile Hoping to find some help for my skin problem. I have really congested skin and I have spend quite a lot of $$$ on different products and treatment. I have alot of small bumps on my face and when I squeeze them, white pus or oil seeds are extracted and they reoccur in just a couple of days. I have been getting mixed feed backs...some tell me I have acne pron skin, some say combination... some say congested. These bumps are starting to enlarge my pores, and bumps are spreading. I am not looking for a miracle product... but am hoping to find something that will control the condition. If anyone happened to have similar conditions, I will really appreciate any recommendations/advice. Thanks!
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
If the bumps are spreading it sounds like you need a good antibacterial. You should see a derm for some clindamycin or just search the web and purchase some dalacin-t (which is clindamycin). Have you tried that yet? You should keep your fingers off your skin as much as possible but I read something interested the other day that I have never tried yet. Here:
"Here's a surefire way to dislodge blackheads:
Mix 1 teaspoon Epsom salt and 3 drops iodine in 1/2 cup boiling water. When the mixture cools enough to stick your finger in it, apply it to the blackhead with a cotton ball. Repeat this three or four times, reheating the solution if necessary. Gently remove the blackhead and then dab the area with an alcohol-based astringent."
Haven't tried it yet but I do get occasional blackheads so I'm planning on trying it.

Wed May 10, 2006 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Your skin may be all of the above: acne-prone, congested and combination. So, you're probably not getting contradictory feedback.

I would suggest you use a product with Salicylic acid to help curb the problem. Something like Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel or maybe the MDF Clearing Complex. Both work very well for any pimples that pop up on my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 2:16 am      Reply with quote
What skin products are you currently using. I am just wondering if you are using a product which is contributing to the problem.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone who replied to my posting.
I have used products like Proactive, Physioderm and a few more along the way... but currently I am using Spectro Jel which my friend recommended as it worked on her. I tried blue light therapy together with detox peels... went for 4 session, skin was clearer for the first couple of days... but the bumps re-emerges on the 3rd day after each session. Since it's so costly (I am still a poor student Razz ) I stopped the treatment. I am thinking of trying out Zenmed Derma Cleanse 4 piece system or the Dermological Starter kit for acne pron skin. Just wondering has anyone tried them before?

Thank you so much for all the advice!
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Since the bumps keep returning I'm guessing it's something in your skin routine that's causing the congestion. If costs are a factor how about trying some DIY remedies? The aspirin mask might help and when I could use Vit C I found the homemade Vit C serum to help with blackheads and clogged pores.
productjunkie76
5% products discount

Thu May 11, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
it could be a new product that u started using that has caused the clogged pores. think about if u just recently started anything. also salicylic acid cleansers or leave on products can reduce clogged pores. i use dermamed green tea acne wash.
i don't use but people recommend paula's choice BHA products (beta hydroxy acids)
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I would suggest the homemade recipe thread, especially the Cleansing Cream, followed by Witch Hazel as a toner and Jojoba Oil to moisturise.
Keep you routine as simple as possible.
Zinc supplements are really good for helping to clear up congested skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I had the exact same problem as you Natning. I had lots of tiny little bumps on my face which was really annoying. I started to use Dr. Hauschka line again and it really helped with my skin. I use the Cleansing Milk followed by the Cleansing cream and then the facial toner. In the first week or 2 my skin was in the purdging process where i would breakout. But after that, my skin is looking great. The tiny little bumps i had are gone, my pores are tightened, and my blackheads are diminished.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!
I had similar skin issues and the only thing that has worked for me is Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle Anti Blemish face wash and moisturizer. I have tried proactive and the like as well but they only work to heal blemishes not prevent. Neutrogena prevents and heals and it isnt very expensive so it wont break your budget. Good luck.
Natning
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the recommendations. I think I have pretty similar conditions as BCgirl as I have been reading your other postings. (But I'm happy that your skin is getting better for you!) I just received my MD Formulation anti-blemish kit. Going to start it tomorrow. Hope it works *fingerscrossed*. Also signed up a gym membership so that I'll force myself to work out as I paid for it... and hoping exercising will help my complexion as I don't sweat daily... me and my inactive sweat glands. Razz
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Im liking Mario Badescu silver powder at the moment. It dosent perform miracles but after using it as im wiping it off I can seen some blackheads dislodging.Dosent get them all but my skin seems to look more refined after use.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Natning wrote:
Hello Everyone! My first posting! Smile Hoping to find some help for my skin problem. I have really congested skin and I have spend quite a lot of $$$ on different products and treatment. I have alot of small bumps on my face and when I squeeze them, white pus or oil seeds are extracted and they reoccur in just a couple of days. I have been getting mixed feed backs...some tell me I have acne pron skin, some say combination... some say congested. These bumps are starting to enlarge my pores, and bumps are spreading. I am not looking for a miracle product... but am hoping to find something that will control the condition. If anyone happened to have similar conditions, I will really appreciate any recommendations/advice. Thanks!

My skin is very clog-prone, and what I have found is that acne treatments and skin care geared toward oily skin just makes the problem worse for me. I went through a period of time recently where my face was covered in clogged pores and blackheads (in places where I normally don't get them). I tried BHA, AHA, manual exfoliators, clay masks, BPO, etc., and it seemed like the problem just kept getting worse. The more I tried to remove them, the worse it got, and my skin felt dry. I gave up and added moisturizer to my routine, and my skin has improved a lot. Most of the clogs and blackheads are now gone. I think that my skin was producing too much oil because it felt dry, and once I started moisturizing it, my skin became more balanced.

hth.
Tina
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
My tiny bumps are comming back Sad I"ve been using Dr. Hauschka skincare line, and it has helped for a while but now the bumps are re-occuring. I dont know if it has something to do with the weather, since its really hot it may cause me to sweat which causes congested pores?
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
We have been having thunderstorms here in Central Oregon and it has thus become humid (normally it's extremely dry). My skin is so much oiler with the humidity I have noticed.

My point being is that perhaps it is the humidity of summer coming on that is affecting your skin, BCgirl? Perhaps try increasing your aspirin mask usage (I am assumming you use the aspirin mask??).

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Natning
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
tinamarie8 wrote:
Natning wrote:

My skin is very clog-prone, and what I have found is that acne treatments and skin care geared toward oily skin just makes the problem worse for me. I went through a period of time recently where my face was covered in clogged pores and blackheads (in places where I normally don't get them). I tried BHA, AHA, manual exfoliators, clay masks, BPO, etc., and it seemed like the problem just kept getting worse. The more I tried to remove them, the worse it got, and my skin felt dry. I gave up and added moisturizer to my routine, and my skin has improved a lot. Most of the clogs and blackheads are now gone. I think that my skin was producing too much oil because it felt dry, and once I started moisturizing it, my skin became more balanced.

hth.
Tina

Hi Tina,

That is something that I have been thinking about too. With me being so concerned about it being clogged...using all sort of extraction and oil removal products might just cause the skin to react and produce oil more vigorously. This is so troubling...
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
so its been a few years and i'm still suffering from clogged pores and congested skin. I am currently using Retin A, Vitamin C serum, oil cleansing method, mineral make-up. My skin is not oily and i don't suffer from acne except occasional break-out. I have a good skincare regime but don't know what to do about congested pores. Any recommendations? Are there any treatments i can do like IPL or something?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl - thanks for coming back and following up on your posts. I also suffer from oily, congested skin. I tried the 302 Skincare line in 09/10 (to help w/ my congested, acne prone skin),but that only caused me to breakout horribly. I then went through different treatments with the dermatologist until one finally worked.

In the meantime, while my skin was starting to stay clear being on meds, I introduced a Clairsonic. That has helped at keeping the blackheads and clogged pores away the best. I also use Retin A Micro (and CPs) and an occasional BHA and my skin has been looking great and mostly clear for the last 10 mos or so.

Retin A will help to keep the pores from clogging and the Clairsonic will remove the oil and debris. It also does a great job at removing makeup which can cause problems for people like us who are acne prone.

HTHs

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
foxe... i forgot to mention that i use my clarisonic daily. I still suffer from clogged pores. I'm going to go back to using Clyndomicin since i found that it really helped with congestion....but i want to use something that would help with anti-aging at night like retin-a. So i'm stuck in a dilemma. I can't use retin-a and clyndomicin and i fear that with time the clyndomicin will cause fine lines

Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:18 am      Reply with quote
[quote="BCgirl"]foxe... i forgot to mention that i use my clarisonic daily. I still suffer from clogged pores. I'm going to go back to using Clyndomicin since i found that it really helped with congestion....but i want to use something that would help with anti-aging at night like retin-a. So i'm stuck in a dilemma. I can't use retin-a and clyndomicin and i fear that with time the clyndomicin will cause fine lines[/quote]
I'm having major issues, too. I've always had oily skin and acne-prone, but lately it's nuts. Sad In my case, it's the bumps with hard sebum, as well as regular pimples. Started around the winter holidays and will not stop. I posted last week to see if anyone ever tried the Karin Herzog acne kit or the extraction kit (basically the same thing); several readings of the post, no answers.
I keep wondering about the KH lines idea of oxygen therapy, especially since I finished a school semester in December and took the following semester off to care for someone. In that time, I really haven't been outside as much as I had been and I wonder if the lack of fresh air is part of the problem.
Good luck to everyone.
ehazelwood
5% products discount

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I've had really good luck with Yonka products. They're very natural and gentle, so they don't irritate my skin like some products. I particularly like the creme PG and creme 15. They're clay masks are also very good (I use them twice a week).

For spot treatments (like my nose and chin) that do tend to be more problematic, I use Jan Marini's bioglycolic bioclear lotion. You can use it as an all over treatment at night or just as a spot treatment. I can't use it nightly as it makes me peel too much, but it's a great product for congestion!

HTH.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
^ I've started using the Jan Marini Bioclear Bioglycolic cream. I haven't noticed a drastic change. Its been almost weeks. My pores are still big. I still have congested skin, and still have my occasional break outs. I use this product day and night. I guess i've noticed a slight difference in congestion, so i will continue to use this product until i run out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
If your skin is congested, you could try getting a facial including extraction (where they extract your blackheads, etc).
Or, try exfoliating your face 1-2 times a week or use peels, then deep cleanse mask.
Over time, say within 2 weeks - 2 months, you should see a more gradual improvement.
sugar_apple1983

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:46 am      Reply with quote
hi there,,,

this is my first post here. so I hope I could be helpful. as I feel for those who are suffering from skin that looks rough and bumpy. we all dream of clear smooth skin.

I'm 30 y middle eastern female with olive skin (NC30-NC35)that is oily/combination, acne prone and congested and frequently sensitive.

I am interested in the discussion as I have the same described problem of tiny bumps that can bee squeezed out but keep on returning back. they are ALL OVER MY FACE for several years now.

I tried the following:

1- professional microdermabrasion about twice a month for more than 10 months. smoothes the skin a bit and gives a glow. helped a lot in fading dark acne scars (that I did by messing up the pimples and squeezing them often). but did not do anything to the congested skin problem and the tiny annoying bumps.

I also had a professional facial to extract the bumps about once a month. but they really leave dark marks and inflammation in my skin and the bumps do come back in 2 days!

2- salicylic acid face wash from Neutrogena. did nothing but cleaning and is a bit dries me out.

3- Bio-derma face wash for oily skin. did nothing but cleaning my face and causes less dryness.

4- homemade face masks (yoghurt with honey) or ( milk with corn flour)did give my dull bumpy spotty combined congested skin some glow and seems to help to smooth the skin. but did nothing to my major problems.

5- Retin-A gel 0.025% was described by doctor. used it for about 3 weeks but I felt uncomfortably dry and irritated so I switched to tretinoin cream 0.05% and I've been using now for over a week and feels much better. my skin looks in better condition in some days and dull and congested in other days. I should mention that I use a steroid cream sometimes to help the irritation caused by RA.

still the little bumps are there and maybe worsen!

6- I read in another forum that a drugstore solution surprisingly worked for several people so I tried it (Olay microdermabrasion and peel kit). I just followed the instructions in the box and walla! the first use made me feel smoother and could notice some improvement and the number of little pimples reduced specially in my cheeks (the forehead has the most of them)and after the next use the little bumps did actually disappeared from my cheeks! and some from my forehead but still there a significant number.

so I think that the Olay kit was the most successful solution for me so far and I would recommend it after just 2 uses. hoping it keeps improving the condition.

I am still looking for a good moisturizer as it is important to moisturize afterward as I believe.

thinking of bioderma sebuim AKN or an Olay fragrance free moisturizer. any suggestions?
LusciousPhilippa28

Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
sugar_apple1983 wrote:
hi there,,,

this is my first post here. so I hope I could be helpful. as I feel for those who are suffering from skin that looks rough and bumpy. we all dream of clear smooth skin.

I'm 30 y middle eastern female with olive skin (NC30-NC35)that is oily/combination, acne prone and congested and frequently sensitive.

I am interested in the discussion as I have the same described problem of tiny bumps that can bee squeezed out but keep on returning back. they are ALL OVER MY FACE for several years now.

I tried the following:

1- professional microdermabrasion about twice a month for more than 10 months. smoothes the skin a bit and gives a glow. helped a lot in fading dark acne scars (that I did by messing up the pimples and squeezing them often). but did not do anything to the congested skin problem and the tiny annoying bumps.

I also had a professional facial to extract the bumps about once a month. but they really leave dark marks and inflammation in my skin and the bumps do come back in 2 days!

2- salicylic acid face wash from Neutrogena. did nothing but cleaning and is a bit dries me out.

3- Bio-derma face wash for oily skin. did nothing but cleaning my face and causes less dryness.

4- homemade face masks (yoghurt with honey) or ( milk with corn flour)did give my dull bumpy spotty combined congested skin some glow and seems to help to smooth the skin. but did nothing to my major problems.

5- Retin-A gel 0.025% was described by doctor. used it for about 3 weeks but I felt uncomfortably dry and irritated so I switched to tretinoin cream 0.05% and I've been using now for over a week and feels much better. my skin looks in better condition in some days and dull and congested in other days. I should mention that I use a steroid cream sometimes to help the irritation caused by RA.

still the little bumps are there and maybe worsen!

6- I read in another forum that a drugstore solution surprisingly worked for several people so I tried it (Olay microdermabrasion and peel kit). I just followed the instructions in the box and walla! the first use made me feel smoother and could notice some improvement and the number of little pimples reduced specially in my cheeks (the forehead has the most of them)and after the next use the little bumps did actually disappeared from my cheeks! and some from my forehead but still there a significant number.

so I think that the Olay kit was the most successful solution for me so far and I would recommend it after just 2 uses. hoping it keeps improving the condition.

I am still looking for a good moisturizer as it is important to moisturize afterward as I believe.

thinking of bioderma sebuim AKN or an Olay fragrance free moisturizer. any suggestions?

Hi Sugar_Apple, you have been threw quite a huge ordeal searching for the right decongestant on your skin. What have you found works to date?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |