Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
what's the color of super serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rachel_22
5% products discount

Wed May 10, 2006 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I have one question for fans of IS Clinical. Smile, I have been using pro-heal for a long time. Recently, I ordered a super serum from skinterra. today I opened the bottle, I found out the fluid was yellow. It reminds me of the vitamin C serum which is not that fresh. I don't know what is the origin color of super serum. Can anyone tells me? Thanks.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
my super serum had a very pale golden color (not surehow to describe) butthe sample I had also was that color.
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
The bottle of super serum I have is also a very pale golden color.
rachel_22
5% products discount

Wed May 10, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, tiger_tim and KLS. I guess the bottle I had is not that fresh any more. Confused I don't know if I can use super serum day and night to finish this bottle? Can anyone tell me?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
why not drop a line to the IS Clinical staff direct (info@isclinical.com) as they are SUPER helpful and you will get a reply fast too.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I would do that too...I know I had 2 bottles (i actually from IS clinical themselves) that were amber. I latest one from EDS was very light almost no color.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
mines very light almost no color, also I think someone once did ask ISC and they said its still good even when amber.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
My Samples were amber. Didn't have any problems using it though. But I've had 3 bottles of proheal and they are all different colors and different feel.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I just tried a sample of the pro-heal. Can't understand why this is generally recommended for oily/acne skin. It's certainly slicker-feeling than the superserum-that one feels like water & dries right away Confused
rachel_22
5% products discount

Thu May 11, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the replies. I would email IS clinical to get more information on that.

btw, marina, I used two bottles of pro-heal. It did help to clear the breakup although its texture is a little bit unexpected.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Rachel, I'll keep trying it. At least with pro-heal you don't have to worry about color change... Rolling Eyes I didn't have a problem with the effectiveness of superserum even when it hit amber, but I really liked it better (esthetically) when it arrived clear.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
rachel_22 wrote:
I used two bottles of pro-heal. It did help to clear the breakup although its texture is a little bit unexpected.

Hmm...that sounds kind of ominous! Can you describe the texture of the bottles you've used?
rachel_22
5% products discount

Thu May 11, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
the texture of pro-heal is not as watery as the super serum. It is a little bit oily for my skin. I don't need to put on the hydra-cool after that.
rachel_22
5% products discount

Thu May 11, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I just got the in time response from Is clinical, I post the information here. Hope it is useful for others.

Thank you for your inquiry. Here are the answers to your questions:

1) The Super Serum will vary in color from an almost clear color to yellow. It is still fresh and effective when it is yellow. If the Super Serum appears brown in color, it has become oxidized and will be less effective.

2) You can use the Vitamin C day and/or night, but we generally recommend using Vitamin C during the day. The Active Serum or the Firming Complex is a better night-time treatment, and we do not recommend layering Vitamin C with either of those two products.

3) You do not want to layer the Active Serum and the Firming Complex at the same time, it is best to alternate nights with those two products. As for their differences, the Active Serum is a combination of acids that will primarily encourage exfoliation and cellular rejuvenation, but it does not contain any anti-oxidants. The Firming Complex will also encourage mild exfoliation, but in addition, it contains Vitamin A, B5, Centella Asiatica, and Green Tea Extract for anti-oxidant protection. Not everyone responds the same to skincare products, so we have both products in the IS CLINICAL line for different skin types. Based on the information you have provided (including your age), I would think the Active Serum would be the better choice for you. (The Firming Complex is usually most effective for mature skin.)
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Is amber considered brown? Laughing If it is, mine is shot.. Confused
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
anybody knows the main difference between pro heal serum and super serum? I kept reading the description for both of them, but in my head, they both seem to do the same thing.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
- no, amber is not brown. My cellex-c turned brown right before the bottle finished and trust, me t'wasn't amber. Laughing

- Proheal is more drying on the skin, whilst super serum is my hydrating (that is how IS Clinical staff described them to me)

- I would think that oxidation would be the same level of problem for both products - they both contain 15% vitamin C (I mailed them and asked)

- Also, ISC told me that both Firming Cream and Super Serum have the same percentage of Centella Asiatica, which is 0.5%

(the reason I asked this is that I feel that super serum is too much for me now I use DNA Repair over it. I was thinking of switching to Pro Heal but did not want to loose any of the things I had in my Super Serum)
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Actually if you swith to Proheal from the Super you will lose the pentapeptide amino acid but you will gain Vitamin E, retinol, the olive leaf extract (this is supposed to boost the antioxidant power of the serum) and bioflavinoids.

I am going to try the Proheal myself. It is supposed to be better for sensitive skin. I was told by both EDS and the skin care institute that Super would be too much for me.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |