Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bare Escentuals Rare Minerals-Light
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
First, I asked for a sample at my neighborhood Sephora...I just wanted to see if this product could really do all that everyone was saying. I just turned 50 (and I look young), but I had just had two skin eruptions instigated by a trip to NYC (no sleep, high stress) and I was trying desperately to get rid of the residual red marks as I'm so fair. Not only did I see dramatic improvement overnight, but I love the way the powder looks on my skin. I have been using for four days now, and I think this is one of best products that I've ever used in my life!! lol (and I'm a certified high-end skincare junkie). I've just been using the tiniest amount (as it is somewhat expensive). The improvement was so dramatic in just the few days, that I immediately ordered the full-size product from Sephora. I wear a little during the day topped with my True mineral foundation for the Summer and I'm good to go! Now, where can I get my hands on this Jurassic soil??

Anyway, this is my first BE product and now I'm curious about the rest of the line?? Ladies, you must give this a try!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned many times, BUT what exactly is Rare Minerals? I just did a quick search and it's makeup you sleep in? Is that correct? What is it, mineral makeup? What's it supposed to do for your skin?

Thanks

Sarah
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sarahb! Rare minerals is not quite make up that you sleep in--- it's more like a powdered night treatment. It doesn't give coverage like a mineral foundation would, but I have definitely had good results using it at night, and have been waking up to brighter, more clarified skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Still confused, it's mineral powder treatment you wear at night? Doesn't that block your pores or end up on your pillow?

Is it ONLY available from Sephora?

Cheers
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
HI again! I'm pretty sure it's only available at Sephora. Like I said, it's a treatment--- it's supposed to help your skin heal, repair damage, keep your pores clear, etc. And no, it doesn't rub off on anything--not on your clothes, not on your pillow case---thank goodness!^-^ HTH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I purchased mine at Sephora (you can also ask for a sample). but, you might also try QVC.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen it at Ulta.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Another lemming sparked, lol! I have heard great reviews about this product as well, will have to try it soon.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I don’t know why but I was very against this concept from the beginning, using some kind of Mineral powder which Mica is the first on the ingredient list on my face while I am sleeping. Mica is cheap and MMU used it as a color agent I believed. Plus, it's drying!!! And Rare Mineral has a little bit of everything. I don't know if the amount of each ingredient it contained will do anything good at all. Plus $60 is not cheap. I got a sample last weekend and sent it to a EDS member to try w/o even think I should try it myself.

Last weekend I read the reviews on MUA and thought “May be I should give it a try.” Yesterday I got this “I have to try it.” thought the whole day and after work I drove to the nearby Sephora asked for a sample. It took me one hour and used 1/5 tank gas. You know how bad I wanted to try it. Luckily, the SA filled up the whole sample container for me.

Both my daughter and I tried the Rare Mineral Clear last night. I used BE brush put a very thin layer on my face after my night routine. Surprisingly, after I put it on it did not look “makeup”, only a matt look.

I don’t know why but this morning I tried not to look at myself in the mirror until I finished all my morning routine. I did not know what I was afraid of or expected….. I looked fine, not drying before I washed my face. All of my skin problems were still there, BUT I looked different. I can not tell what’s the difference but I looked BETTER. I think many of you experienced this with other products too. You just can not point it out. And I checked, no residue on my pillow.

I asked my daughter how did she feel and she told me she found her cheek bone areas were clearer. But it’s only one night and it might be psychologically because I read so many good reviews about it and thought “It must be good”.

Samples should last at least 5 days for both of us. I’ll report after we used up everything.

Question: In the morning, should I use makeup remover or just regular cleanser if I used this the night before? I used Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel this morning.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone thought that this stuff might appear to work because it has some pigmenting so you do actually look better in the morning because some flaws are blurred or covered up by the makeup component of Rare Minerals? Just asking, I'm intrigued by the whole concept, this and the Clarisonic brush.
Mabsy

Fri May 19, 2006 12:40 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis - Laughing not you too now!

Lolli - that's a very good point.... So when you do the comparison guys are you looking at after washing this off or before? And, out of curiosity, could someone please use some toner on a white cotton pad thingy first thing in the morning and report back if there is any residue picked up? TIA Smile I'm just really struggling to convince myself that I don't need to try it really.... Laughing
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I'm just really struggling to convince myself that I don't need to try it really.... Laughing

Me too. Smile

I emailed Rare Minerals on May 3rd, late and they got back to me the next day early! I asked how, exactly, do the actives absorb while in powder form. Here is the response. It was fast and polite but did not answer my question.

"Hello Annette,

Thank you for your interest in RareMinerals.

RareMinerals, much like Bare Escentuals is a product that is micronized. That is, it is a finely ground powder that will bond with and be absorbed into the skin. This is combined with the Pillow Puff applicator to provide a flawless delivery of the RareMinerals. Once applied, the body's natural moisture activates the healing properties of RareMinerals and makes the bond greater and the absorption deeper.

Regards,
Rob

Bare Escentuals Customer Service
Phone: 1-888-795-4747
Fax: 602-870-4760 www.RareMinerals.com"
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
For anyone who wants to try a sample with no Sephora nearby, Rare Minerals samples are available on eBay. (My mouse pointer always ends up hovering over the Buy It Now button but I've been strong so far. Laughing)
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I tried the clear last night. Didn't do miracles, but only one night and it did fade some pimples. They're dryer and lighter now, so a plus for me. As for skin tone and texture, which is what I really wanted it for, its not bad and not good. Haven't decided yet, but my face looked good when I got up. Smile
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Per Mabsy's request I used a white cotton with Dr. Perricon's toner wiped my face first thing in the morning. YES, there was residue on my face. It looked just like when I remove my MMU.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have been reading all the glowing reviews of this and still remain skeptical. I do not see why this would work as well as some of you indicate that it is working! If you check out the RareMinerals website it appears that the "clinical" data consists of a study done by an independent party that seems to base it's conclusions on self-reporting by the participants and not on any objective assesment of the participants skin. If anyone knows of additional clinical date, let me know!

Would any of you who have or are going to try this be willing to do a half face test of the product? Would you also be willing to have someone else rate which side of your face looks better? Considering what MACrisis just mentioned, I would think that any assesments would have to be done after the product is removed in the morning.

I will try to remain open to the possibility that this just might work but it sure would be nice to see some proof!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I'll let my daughter use the rest of the sample I have. She has blackheads and big pores on / around her nose (Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) and lately she has a big break out. I don't think she'll do half face but we'll see how soon or ever Rare Mineral will clear her face.

Theresa: When I say "I looked good" the next morning, it was after I washed my face.

Sat May 20, 2006 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Thank you MACrisis! ANd, thanks also for clarifying that it was after washing your face....

My willpower is weakening despite their rather vague (yet very nice and prompt) reply to Lolli's email Smile
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 12:32 am      Reply with quote
I caved in and got a sample..cant believe i paid $28 for a 1/4 teaspoon of powder Shock Shock I'll report back when I get it what I think of it.It seems like your wearing makeup to bed though, I dont know what I think of that. Like another member said your flaws are probably blurred by the powder.
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 1:38 am      Reply with quote
I bought a sample from Ebay (still waiting for it to arrive). It's expensive, I paid like $US21 for 1/4 tsp Shock

with all the breakouts I've been having I'd put my hope on this RareMinerals..I really hope it works. Have any of you use it as a spot treat rather than all over?

Mabsy - where do you buy the full size (if you plan to buy it)?

Sun May 21, 2006 2:33 am      Reply with quote
svunt1 wrote:
Mabsy - where do you buy the full size (if you plan to buy it)?

I haven't thought that far ahead. If I finally do cave though it will most probably be at Sephora via Amazon.com (because they take international CCs) and shipped through ShopTheStates. Either that or I'll get someone in the US to get it for me and send it over. At the moment I'm concentrating hard on not getting to the stage where I have to look for it online with the intention of adding it to the shopping basket Smile I'm tempted but still can't get over the fact that it's just mineral powder....
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone notice a lessening of dark spots or melasma using Rare Minerals? I have a melasma mustache I hate and would like to fade. Not to mention capillaries. BHA has shrunk my pores and ystheal gel I'm hoping will help a bit in the long term as well but still, I'm so tempted by this product! On paper it doesn't look like it would do much but it's getting such raves, how a person not be interested! Smile
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I use it as a spot treatment, but after I apply it all over my face with a brush. After I use the brush I just put some on my finger and put a dot right on my blemishes, in kind of a thick layer, I don't bother rubbing it in or anything. Maybe I should spot treat though, I mean, for that much money you sure don't get much. The container isn't even full, its like half full and kind of a dissapointment when you open it.
Elfie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I was sucked into the hype on this product and was so excited to try it. I'm sorry to say I absolutely hate it. For three mornings I have woken up to red blotchy skin. It seems to exacerbate my rosacea. The parts of my face that have been lasered look okay, but the parts that are awaiting the second laser tx looked like hell. I swear it looked like someone took a brillo pad to my face. The intresting part is it only ravaged the parts of my face that weren't treated by the laser. The parts that were lasered looked ok-not better just ok.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, like I don't have enough product in my cupboards to use up/try, I ordered a sample of this off of Ebay. I will report any results.

I need to stay away from thes boards Embarassed

Tina
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |