Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

This makes me very sad...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Just to warn anyone that is an animal lover...I have 3 cats and any animal cruelty makes me sick. This woman makes purses out of cats...I emailed her and told her how disgusting she was. I would love for something to happen to this website. Some people simply have no hearts..

http://www.tinkebell.com/manual

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
OMG. Is that for real? Is she kidding?!?
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
geez............. those are pretty scary photos... this girl is pretty #$#% sick....
How does she like somebody else using her skin to make a purse. Thats just wrong. Is there some sort of law against this?
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I thought it was a joke, until I saw the pictures. Actually, I couldn't look at the pictures. That's really awful. It's one thing to do it, but post it on the internet like it's something cute? My question is, where is she getting these cats? I'm fairly certain animal control or the humane society would not supply her for such a thing. I understand that euthanized cats are used for scientific/ learning purposes in classrooms sometimes, but purses? Very sick. and if it is supposed to be a joke, it's not funny.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
i don't know about the website, i haven't looked yet.

but i'm guessing no one posting here eats any sort of meat or wears any sort of leather/fur.

and really, you would have to read all of your labels to make sure there were no animal products in those creams and serums.

and using an animals skin isn't neccessarily cruel, if she tortured it first, sure. that's cruel. if the cat died because it licked some antifreeze? not so cruel.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
oops, checked it out, it was her cat and she did kill it in order to use it for the bag.

however she doesn't kill mass amounts of cats in order to bags to market to the public, she did one bag out of her own cat and doesn't see it as any different from making shoes out of cows.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'm betting that it's a joke. I remember seeing one a few years ago with raising cats in a bottle. The site was called Bonsai Kitten and it was removed a couple of years ago. It wasn't a very good joke, but meant as a joke.

I emailed snopes.com and asked them to check it out. Will let you know what they say. Very informative urban legends website btw.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
I suppose it's the pictures that got to me. I didn't look long enough to see if they may be doctored. I certainly hope they are. Now that I think about it, as skepticism sets in, it has to be spoof. With all the laws against animal cruelty nowadays, no one would get away with touting the fact they make pets into purses. if it was created to enrage and shock a person, it worked on me.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
Killing your own "pet" is even more cruel than killing a cow. For one, a cow is used as meat to eat...that is completely understandable. Taking an animal that is supposed to be loved and taken care and killed for the sole purpose of a cute bag..what the ------------ is wrong with people? Sorry to be hostile, but i think some people need to ..not exist..in the nicest words I can put. I emailed her and asked her if she would enjoy being skinned for a nice coat. I would love to think that was a joke, but i have been reading way too much lately about this animal cruelty occurring. Last article was about a new york city asian woman who took kittens and um..punctured them with her high heels...i actually saw the photos. I will never be the same again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 12:23 am      Reply with quote
I never looked at the site, I couldn't as I know it would disturb me too much. I get more upset about cruelty to moggies than I do about cruelty to humans by far.

When I lived in Brisbane, my area had a large "disappearance" rate of kitties.. three houses beside each other in my street (mine included) lost 4 cats in a period of 3 or 4 months. We heard two very disturbing rumours: one that the area had a lot of missing moggies and they were used for baiting/training greyhounds and the other was that they were used for fur.

When my muffin disappeared I did posters for almost 1km radius, letterbox drop to about 500 houses and called the council every day for a week (to check if they had been called out to collect any "roadkill"). Never even got a bite for news about him. For weeks onward I would still hear his little bell tingling through the house at night...
Whilst he was a rather mentally distrubed moggie (as my kitties always seem to be...Ack, maybe it reflects on the owner?)... he was my precious baby and I really wish I could have had closure. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 1:12 am      Reply with quote
There has been a lot of animal cruelty in the news lately. It really is a terrible thing, as smaller animals such as dogs, cats and rabbits are completely defenceless when faced with a person whose intentions are to hurt them.

I had a little look at the site (only quickly and with squinty eyes, just in case) and from the title etc it looks fake...didn't see the pictures. hmmm. Hopefully it is just someone trying to be funny?

Take care. It is nice for the animals to have people out there that care so much![/quote]
Mabsy

Thu May 11, 2006 2:55 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
I never looked at the site, I couldn't as I know it would disturb me too much. I get more upset about cruelty to moggies than I do about cruelty to humans by far.

Same here on both counts. I do feel bad though that I feel like I have more sympathy to little animals than to humans.... Embarassed But that's just the way it is. I think it's because they are so defenseless and trusting.

Btw, what suburb did you live in? No problems like that in my area but every so often there is a batch of dog poisonings a few suburbs away Sad

5% products discount

Thu May 11, 2006 3:39 am      Reply with quote
The difference in killing a cow and killing a cat for leather/fur is that leather is a by-product. Cows aren't killed just for their leather alone, te primary reason is for their meat.

With colder climates where people need animal fur for warmth, I guess it is understandable, especially in the distant past when our cave dwelling ancestors were unable to produce warm fabrics.

In this case, the cat is killed purely for fashion.
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Somebody should sic PETA on her sorry ass!! Mad

Edited to add--I just reported her to PETA.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 5:26 am      Reply with quote
I couldn't bring myself to click on the link--- I'm very easily upset by animal cruelty. It really does seem like there has been a lot of it in the news lately... the other night there was a story so sad that even my husband was crying! Stuff like that really depresses me, but I'm glad to know that there are so many animal lovers on the EDS board!

Thu May 11, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I found out her name and contact details - if you let me know where I can contact an animal protection body in the Netherlands (PETA won't be able to do much here probably) then I can pass on her address/contact details.

Also, another thing you can do is email her ISP and complain. I'll do this shortly and we'll see what happens.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Apparently it's not a joke. She's an "artist" which is indeed a joke. I agree with what everone has said here, with the exception of pustekuchen who seems to be siding with her on this. I am a HUGE cat lover and would take in a hundred of them if I could. Unfortunately my bf is really allergic (this has been difficult for me to come to grips with in the event we do and probably will marry).

Anyone that owns a cat, particularly from the kitten stage on, knows that these sweet babies consider their owners to be their mother/father/provider/caretaker/etc. That's why I could never give my sweet Aussie away. She thinks I'm her mom and how could anyone ever mistreat or do anything to damage that kind of relationship. It's just cruel and those are the kinds of people that go on to be serial killers and psychopaths. Hopefully someone in her country will stop her soon before she harms any more helpless animals.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Also, another thing you can do is email her ISP and complain. I'll do this shortly and we'll see what happens.

Mabsy can you please post how you contact her isp to complain, I would like to do this as well. The more people that do it the more they'll take notice. Also, how do I report her to PETA and the animal agency in the netherlands? I'm going to do all of these. Too bad she lives in the netherlands, a few months ago a man in Chicago kicked a kitten to death and is in jail for 6 months. It was in the paper. I have 4 beautiful cats, one with cat show award winning glossy silky fur. THAT'S HIS FUR!!! UGH!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
The website doesn't say, or doesn't say in a language I can understand. Did her cat die and she decided to keep a part of it as a momento or did she supposedly kill it?

I'm pretty sure some of my purses are made from dead animals. Does it really make a difference if an animal was loved or not? I gotta start watching what I buy.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Very disturbing site. It's hard to imagine that some people can be so cruel. There is a PETA site for The Netherlands. Here's the link:
http://www.peta.nl/

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I looked at the Peta Netherlands site (although I don't speak Dutch) and it looks like you can contact them by sending an email to info@peta.nl .

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I can't bring myself to click on the link either- but I will eventually have to in order to file a complaint. Think I'll wait until I have an empty stomach.... I also have a love-bug kitty who thinks I'm his mother. This is unthinkable- this woman must be mentally deranged!!!!!!!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Crikey ............ im lost for words after reading this post. I cant look at the website cos it will upset me tremendously. Sorry but people like that should be shot!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im very much an animal lover. I despise any sort of animal cruelty. Your pets become your little babies. Ive got a stray cat at the moment and he is just so human with me. He talks to me and follows me everywhere. All my friends and work colleagues laugh at me and call me the "mad cat woman" or "mrs doolittle" cos im usually somewhere with some animal or something.

Some people are just too sick for words.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not exactly siding with her, as I certainly wouldn't want a "cat bag" and I don't think it makes much of a statement.

I will also say that the woman killing kittens with her stilleto heels is very disturbing and that is abhorent to me, that is making death into entertainment, and I can not understand that at all.

I also think it's terrible that people pets have been stolen and used for other such purposes. That is also wrong because if you choose to make an animal a part of your family, it is. If someone stole my dog and turned her into a duffel bag I would be devastated and furious.

But that is not what this woman has done

I do think it's a shame that simply because the bag is made from a cat skin and cats are primarily seen as "pets" in the western world that everyone is horrified.

Like someone said, having a bag made out of a cow isn't such a big deal, because cows weren't raised to be "loved".

Isn't that sadder? Cows raised for meat and leather are treated HORRIBLY their entire lives. Then they are led to death factories where they can smell the death which instills fear. Then they are electrocuted.

Even if she did kill her cat herself, we have no proof that it was a pet. Having been on farms a good part of my life I know that not all cats are kept as pets, some are kept as "workers" on the farm as mousers and pest control. Like the ox that pulls the plow, these mousing cats never go inside, are not coddled or treated differently from the other animals... in that case would it be okay to kill it? Because it wasn't raised as a "pet" but more wild?

Also, in killing a single animal, we can know that the animal did not smell the blood of those that went before, which is less cruel, and it would have been fast, probably a broken neck, if the pictures could be trusted.

Wouldn't you consider a fast death less cruel than the torment that food animals go through?

I find that I come at this from a different angle than most people because I spent some formative years on a farm. I know that when I eat meat, it didn't grow on a styrofoam plate wrapped in plastic. I was very aware that the animals in the yard were sometimes used for mealtime.

I find this to be a similar issue to hunting. many people think of hunting as cruel and unjust. I think it's a far better way to obtain meat. Less harm to the animals, less hormones, less abuse. And I think I have a fuller appreciation for the meat of an animal that gave it's life for me. When natives shot down an animal they would thank the animal for allowing them to catch it so that they might have food. Have you ever thought of the cow that gave its life for your hamburger?

Some friends of mine and I were out one day and saw a deer eating a wild rosemary bush. They all cooed (as did i) and then I said, "huh. pre-seasoned" (animals do aquire flavour from what they eat) and my friends FLIPPED out.

Okay, fine. Except every single one of them had enjoyed venison at my table at one time or another.

And so yes. I will say it again.

If you are a vegan, and actively avoid all animal products, I do not live that lifestyle, but I respect it.

However, if you wear leather shoes, carry a leather purse, have a leather belt, eat chicken and pork and beef. or use butter or eat eggs.

Who are you to say which animals are appropriate for consumption and which are not?

Is it because a cat is "cuter" than a cow or a pig?

That makes me sad.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 11, 2006 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Being that the title of the site is "What to do with YOUR cat" means the cat is possessed by the girl...being that, it's inhumane...and need not even be argued. I'll be the first to openly accept any kind of animal...I have a strong passion for lizards, rats, opossums..you name it. I am open minded enough to understand that a food chain exists and people must obtain the nutrients and vitamins to survive ( i don't think that pills are good replacements), but I think a part of that site is a bit to do with hatred. Perhaps she did purchase the cat not long before that and used him/her for the bag...screwed up nonetheless.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |