Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which body lotion with self tanner do you recommend?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Yay, now that the weather's great in the UK, it's time to get out the fake tan and as much as I love Jergens and stocked up big time when in the States last, it stinks!!

So my question is, if you're in the UK, what body lotion with self tan in it do recommend? I'm looking for a non stinky one, that doesn't streak and looks natural so I can apply it at night without hubby wanting to sleep in another bedroom!

Cheers
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I agree that Jergens isnt the best scent. But most tanners dont have a very pleasant scent. I just started using the Jergens and i can see the results, it looks fantastic Very Happy !
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I AM the self tanning queen, I think there's some good body lotions with self tan in which don't smell too bad, but I can't remember which one it is.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
im curious about Clarin's self tanning moisturizer. I never used it but i hear its good.

Clarins
Self Tanning Moisturizer
After Sun Moisturizer with Self Tan. The best way to prolong a natural tan. Dual-action moisturizing, self-tanning after sun care prolongs and enriches your natural tan with an innovative formula that is ideal for intensifying and unifying long-lasting golden color. Enhances the golden tone of a natural tan, leaving skin softer, more supple. Helps protect against damaging free radicals. 5.3 oz. Imported from France.

PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I reviewed the new Vaseline Healthy Glow Body Lotion in this thread
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11831&highlight=vaseline+glow
I still use it on a semi regular basis and highly recommend it!

I tried a clarins self tan a couple years ago and liked it alot (it was probably a different formula than what they have now as it was so long ago). Isn't it funny that the clarins is in that bright orange tube? I would think that's bad marketing as everyone is terrified of turning that color orange from a self tanner! I remember getting a nice color from the clarins, not orange at all. Still, terrible marketing choice.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 5:34 am      Reply with quote
After reading reviews on Makeup Alley,I've been using Island Glow by Hawaiian Tropic. It works great for me and doesn't have that icky smell that Jergen's has. Ordered mine from Drugstore.com.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I really love Clarin's Liquid Bronze for a natural face colour - doesn't seem to smell horrible at all either.

Otherwise, for the body, I like to use Piz Buin's Spray Tan - you get a little fake tan smell the day after, which washes off when you bath or shower. Or Ambre Solaire After-Sun with Fake Tan - smells lovely, builds up a gradual tan and only develops a faint fake tan smell afterwards.

I hate Johnson's Holiday Skin, as the fake tan smell with that is almost unbearable for me.

Loads of other people love the new Dove gradual tanner. I have some and am about to try it for the first time soon.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
The Dove product is HORRENDOUS!!!! It smells so bad, and although I let it sink in, my skin felt so toxic, that I rushed home and took a shower 3-4 hrs later. And it had already begun to turn me orange! Thank god I had St Tropez to fix me up. St Tropez foaming mousse is so nice for summer--light texture, with an even, dark color. And their self-tanning set contains both an exfoliator and a moisturizer that are both fantastic--I even use the moisturizer on my face, and it has never given me even the slightest bump. At any rate, instead of buying those toxicity-laden, poorly-performing STs, why not buy one and control its intensity according to your needs?

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the Johnsons self tan moisturiser?
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:

Johnsons has one out? I haven't heard of this one yet (every company MUST come out with one)... off to google it...

Hmmm.. I can't find it anywhere, google or makeupalley.. do you know the official name of it?

Sat May 13, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:

Is that the "Holiday Skin" one that you're asking about?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Yes, that's the one.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I've tried the Johnson's Holiday Skin and it stinks unbelievably of fake tan. It also left my legs very streaky, although wasn't so bad on the rest of my body.

I hated it and would never use it again, but some people seem to love it. I suppose these fake tans react differently on different people.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
OK so Jergens stinks, Johnsons pongs and Dove is horrendous! Not doing so great so far.

Any faux tan/body lotions that are OK, don't stink or go streaky?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Of all the gradual self-tans, the best I've found so far (although I haven't yet tried Dove, Nivea or the new Garnier one) is the Ambre Solaire After-Sun Tan Maintainer in the blue tube.

Smells lovely as you put it on. You do get a faint fake tan the next day, but nothing drastic, and it's pretty even coverage.

The absolute best for face is Clarin's Liquid Bronze - smells nice, natural colour, beautifully even.
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Aveeno Continuous Radiance lotion. The first day I used it, I was darker 4 to 5 hours later. I didn't expect that Shock I hadn't taken my time to apply it and you could tell. The next time, no problems. Also no bad smells! I'll buy it again, better than just the self tanning lotions. EWWW...
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Dove last night and love it already!!!! (Hope those aren't going to end up as "famous last words".)

I'm so sensitive to horrible fake tan smell, but the Dove was fantastic - I didn't even notice it this morning!

Not only that, but I can already see a difference from using 1 layer of the Light colour. Mind you, my skin is very pale indeed. It's taken the edge off my extreme whiteness and there are no streaks at all (yet, but I'm sure I'll manage to get some after a while - I usually do, even from the most "fool-proof" tanning products!)

rosebud - I was so set against the Dove gradual tan, having heard some bad reviews, but I'm glad I took notice of your posts and tried it for myself. You're a fake-tan genius! Very Happy
mbcalmly

Sat May 27, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, but I found the Jergens made my skin yellow (I have olive-toned skin). I have tried & LOVE the new Aveeno Continuous Radiance self-tanning skin moisturizing lotion - it smells nice, dries quickly & moisturizes for a long time. I also like Neutrogena Sunless Tanning lotion (medium) but it seems to go darker more quickly so needs a little more care in spreading.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I used one called "Fake Bake". It looks very natural (I'm Swedish) and doesn't smell bad.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |