Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Dr. H. Rhythmic Night Conditioner - witch hazel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
This product has witch hazel extract in it. I'm a little confused, is witch hazel actually good for your skin. I thought it was similar to an astringent Embarassed

And the directions suggest that you use the night conditioner even on your eyes and lips? Wouldn't that be like using astringent on your eyes? Doesn't sound like that would be good for the eye area or dry skin (which is what I am trying to combat by using this product).

Anyone know?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Witch hazel is a gentle astringent... esp in the concentration that is used in the RNCs... It is certainly much better than the alcohols you find in many toners.. I think the effect of the witch hazel is more for shrinking pores rather than blemish-drying (*edit.. i mean it's not meant to be like a spot-treatment or especially for acne-prone skin, since it is a line developed for those with sensitive skin).

I have used the RNCs.. and my skin is VERY sensitive right after cleansing with a gel in a hot shower.. so I can feel any sort of toner tingling away if I apply it straight away. But with the RNCs I didn't feel any tingling sensations at all.

The ampoule itself looks small but once you actually (manage to!) get it out you wil find that it will cover quite a lot of skin. I use it around my whole face and neck. But for the lips, perhaps only as something under a lip balm since it won't provide any sort of moisturisation.
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I've been using it to...I do feel some tingling, and I'm not sure if it is making my dry skin any better. But it has only been 3 days, so I am going to continue for the 28 day cycle.

I'm still not sure about using astingent,mild or not, under my eyes...so I guess I will just avoid it for now until someone actually tells me that the Rhythmic Conditioner is actually good for you to use under the eyes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I used it on my eyes and experienced no problems!
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
If you do feel that you need something for the eyes.. Dr H also has the eye-solace stuff.

The RNCs also come in sensitive range too.

I personally can no longer go without a moisturiser at night, and I have oily skin! Somehow the whole Dr H philosophy doesn't work entirely for me, the idea of allowing the skin to breathe at night is nice, but I've actually experienced clearer skin while smearing Decleor YY balm on!
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
yeah,not totally convinced theDr. H theory is going to work for me. Espcially in the winter where my skin gets so dry that i can see it coming off and i get these bumps. But i'm looking for anything that could help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
miranets I have oily skin and totally agree with what you said. I couldn't imagine going without moisturizer at night (or during the day either!). I live in the desert and my skin gets really dehydrated if I don't moisturize. I have also noticed improvements in my acne since I use moisturizers at night.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I think the Dr. H method might work better for those with oily skin. I had really oily skin when I started and now it's much much closer to normal.
Mabsy

Tue May 16, 2006 2:41 am      Reply with quote
I have normal (previously combo) skin and used the RNC without any problems all over my face. I was able to go without moisturiser as well, it feel more normal after a few days. But, in the end, I like my moisuriser so I started to cheat on the RNC with my eye cream and a little bit of other moisturisers when I felt they were needed. Btw, I do live in a humid country, which I'm sure makes a big difference.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |