Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Drawing Salve- Acne/Cystic

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:52 am      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
I like the idea of curing cystic acne almost over night!!!

I went around pharmacies and Vitamin Food stores looking for PRID's and found none existing here in Ottawa, so again here goes my usual question

Can anyone tell me if PRID's can be found in CANADA or ordered from the web without killing shipping charges?

Maybe here?

http://www.wishabi.ca/items/2846354-Smile-s-PRID-Drawing-Salve-18-354973420243-canada-prices-deals

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for suggestion, DarkMoon, I went through the order procedure to see how much they would charge for shipping. So

the PRID's itself is offered for a great price of 2.99

the shipping to Canada from the US is 14 USD (which is even more when converted to CAD)

Sad
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, do you know the name of the ointment from Poland. I have family there and would like to try the ointment for my breakouts...Thanks!
jusimagin331

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Prid's is at walmart for only 3.88. got it today. its by the foot fungus creams.
2Will

Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Does PRID work on cold sore on the lips?
KQ

Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Yes PRID works on cold sores. I have used it and it seems to reduce the pain and speed up the healing.

ANOTHER USE -
I have used PRID for quite a while and just recently tried another use.
I have had itching hemorrhoids for a week or two. I tried all the normal creams including others like Benadryl and Cordisone. Nothing worked very well until I tried PRID on a lark.
I was surprised to find it worked GREAT!
It did more to stop the itching than ANYTHING ELSE.
It is such a simple and inexpensive product.
padfoot

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Is prid a safe and effective method of mole removal? Red moles included?
Indium
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
I never heard of this stuff. If it works for cystic acne fast that would be great.

This is the ingredients list I found online for this PRID Original "Black" Drawing Salve

Acidum Carbolicum.....2X HPUS Ichthammol.....2X HPUS Arnica Mont.....3X HPUS Calendula Off.....3X HPUS Echinacea Ang.....3X HPUS Sulphur.....12X HPUS Hepar Sulph.....12X HPUS Silicea.....12X HPUS Rosin Beeswax Petrolatum Stearyl Alcohol Methyl & Propyl Paraben

I don't like that it has parabens though Sad
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Indium wrote:
I never heard of this stuff. If it works for cystic acne fast that would be great.

This is the ingredients list I found online for this PRID Original "Black" Drawing Salve

Acidum Carbolicum.....2X HPUS Ichthammol.....2X HPUS Arnica Mont.....3X HPUS Calendula Off.....3X HPUS Echinacea Ang.....3X HPUS Sulphur.....12X HPUS Hepar Sulph.....12X HPUS Silicea.....12X HPUS Rosin Beeswax Petrolatum Stearyl Alcohol Methyl & Propyl Paraben

I don't like that it has parabens though Sad

Hi Indium, I did try this for 4 different cystic acne spots I had over a month and half period. Unfortunately it didn't work on any of them for me. I tried it on each spot for 5 nights(total 20 nights) It was really cheap and I bought it at Walmart. It might be worth it because it is cheap and has worked for some I just wouldn't get my hopes up. I have had much better luck with Fresh Umbrian clay bar. Put a heavy coating over the spots at night and sleep with it on overnight. If you catch them early enough they will take a lot less time to go away but it's not a miracle product. I still get spots they just go away a lot quicker. I've had some luck with Kate Somerville EradiKate also but like Fresh better because it is just clay nothing else in it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

I did try this for 4 different cystic acne spots I had over a month and half period. Unfortunately it didn't work on any of them for me. I tried it on each spot for 5 nights(total 20 nights) It was really cheap and I bought it at Walmart. It might be worth it because it is cheap and has worked for some I just wouldn't get my hopes up. I have had much better luck with Fresh Umbrian clay bar. Put a heavy coating over the spots at night and sleep with it on overnight. If you catch them early enough they will take a lot less time to go away but it's not a miracle product. I still get spots they just go away a lot quicker. I've had some luck with Kate Somerville EradiKate also but like Fresh better because it is just clay nothing else in it.

Thank you CookieD for letting me know your experience with this for Cystic acne. It is too bad it does not work as hoped Sad
I am glad at least it is not an overly expensive product so one could try it and see.
quickguide90012
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 12, 2013 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this?

I read some reviews that says if you have a cyst or boil or some huge insect bite, it works. But some reviews say it doesn't.

Does this work for inflamed boil, cyst or insect bite?

Would like information from anyone that used it recently.
quickguide90012
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 19, 2013 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
anyone?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 28, 2013 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Mario Badescu Buffering lotion is amazing too and really works.
Not sure what shipping is as I always buy 4 bottles when I am in the US to save on shipping...

You can get it Canada from some websites I think?

http://www.mariobadescu.com/buffering-lotion?gclid=CIHgjLrwubcCFRFgMgodvmMApQ

Specifically designed to treat large, deep, cystic acne, the buffering lotion covers large erupted areas for overall treatment. Formulated with nourishing B vitamins and amino acids for healthy skin as well as soothing anti-inflammatory herbal extracts to promote healing. Reduce cystic acne fast with this deep penetrating, fast absorbing formula.

How to Use: Shake bottle until white sediment is completely dissolved, apply solution to areas of cystic breakout with clean fingertips. Use nightly on affected areas.

Beauty Tip: For moderate to severe cystic breakouts apply Buffering Lotion before Mario Badescu’s Drying Mask. After removing the mask apply a second application of Buffering Lotion and leave on overnight. May also be used for acne on the chest and back (bacne).

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Isopropyl Alcohol,Sodium Sulfate, Zinc Oxide,Hydrolyzed Serum Protein, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein,Pyridoxine, Niacinamide, Panthenol,Propylene Glycol, Allantoin, Biotin

1oz. - $17.00
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if the Prids is 10% or 20% of the Ichimacallit? Also, would it be dangerous to use this? 20%, 14 ounces, for only 11.99 + free shipping?? But it's for horses Surprised

http://www.kvsupply.com/ichthammol-20-14-oz/&refcode=AMZPROAD
quickguide90012
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased this one drawing salve thats ichthammol 20 percent. Does anyone know if its dangerous to use on an inflamed cystic pimple? I originally was going to use it but then i read online about a few cases where ppl used it and it ruined their skin. But there were tons of ppl who said it worked and cleared their huge cystic pimple. I know this isn't the same brand as the others i know their pretty much the same. Thoughts? Should i try it?

http://www.amazon.com/Perrigo-Ichthammol-Ointment-20%25/dp/B005ZDD19Y/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1370668791&sr=8-5&keywords=drawing+salve
quickguide90012
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
So i been using it for 3 days and only during the day then wash it off at night.

What i noticed is one huge cystic pimple i had, that big cystic pimple seems to have went from 1 huge cystic pimple to 3-4 smaller ones. Its still under the skin etc like a cyst.

Is this normal?? Is this what is meant by drawing it out? The thing is i thought it would just get smaller and well its probably the same size still except the pimple is like 3-4 spots all close together instead of 1 big one. I tested this one one big cystic pimple only and not the ones ones.

Is this normal???

Im currently stopping the drawing salve instead and using mario badesci buffering lotion because im worried if the drawing salve did any damage to it.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I hope it gets better soon but if not I would go have it looked at and possibly get a cortisone shot before it gets worse.
I have never used the salve but that sounds kind of scary!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
ellaelise wrote:
Does anyone know if the Prids is 10% or 20% of the Ichimacallit? Also, would it be dangerous to use this? 20%, 14 ounces, for only 11.99 + free shipping?? But it's for horses Surprised

http://www.kvsupply.com/ichthammol-20-14-oz/&refcode=AMZPROAD

No idea,
but great site!
I am going to buy stuff there!

They have the 3m bandage wrap "for horses" for $2, while at the drugstore the human version is $10 here for an ankle wrap....
only difference is the horse one is longer, so you need to cut it, but the human one is too long for me anyways so still need to cut that too...
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Do you think this might work on clogged pores on the nose? I've been suing adapalene and 2.5% benzoyl peroxide mixed (my own form of Epiduo, which I can't find in the online pharmacies) and it doesn't get rid of the clogs, just makes them easier to extract. They are probably sebaceous filaments, which I know I'll never truly be rid of, but if I could use this stuff 1-2x per week and not have to squeeze, that would be great!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die for Mascara Trio (8 ml / 0.27 floz x 3) BDB Best Sellers Kit (5 items) Payot Elixir D'eau Hydrating Thirst-quenching Essence (30 ml / 1 floz)