Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Marcelle vs. Cetaphil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is oily and very prone to breakouts, especially the cystic kind. I just went back on the pill due to hormone chaos and am hoping that will ease the acne a bit.
I wanted to change my routine to something more gentle. I was thinking Cetaphil but then there is also Marcelle. Both are very gentle. Any words of wisdom to sway me one way or the other?
TIA
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 12:45 am      Reply with quote
There are some members on the forum who really like Cetaphil but there are others, like myself, who have tried it and found it causes breakouts. I am not familiar with Marcelle.
Depending on how much you want to spend, these are the cleansers that I have found to be gentle on the skin, great at cleansing but won't break you out.
Cellcosmet Purifying Gel
Juvena Fresh Cleansing Gel
Amino Genesis Really Really Clean
IS Clinical Cleanser.
My favourite is Cellcosmet which I have only recently started to use and which I will review when I can find the words to properly describe just how much I like it. Juvena is next on the list and a very close second. If I couldn't afford too much then I would go with Amino Genesis. ISC is a good cleanser but I have put it last on my list as ISC say not to use around the eyes and it can sting a bit. I much prefer a cleanser which I can use on my eyes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I love the OCM..gentle, no burning/stinging, helps my oily skin, cheap!!, removes eyemakeup.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm one of those people bushy mentioned who hated cetaphil. Actually, I can't say enough bad things about it. I orginally tried it because I had been breaking out a lot and using a lot of drying products on my face, so I wanted a really gentle cleanser. Not only did cetaphil break me out more, but it also made my poor skin even drier, and to add insult to injury it did not even remove all of my make up! I've never heard of Marcelle so I'm afraid I can't comment on that, but I can tell you waht worked for me. If you are just looking for a very gentle cream cleanser, Beauty Without Cruelty's Herbal Cream Cleanser is the best I have found. It removes make up thoroughly, but is very gentle and soothing and has never caused me to have break outs. I have also heard great things about Dr. Hauschka's cleansing milk, so I'd also like to try that. If you are struggling with acne, another good option is Dermadoctor's Wrinkle Revenge cleanser. It's a very gentle cream cleanser, but it contains glycolic acid to help your compexion. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I have acne prone skin and used Cetaphil for a long time. I never noticed that it caused any breakouts for me. I stopped using it because I found other cleansers and felt that the Cetaphil did not do a sufficient job at removing makeup. Now that I am using a cleansing oil as a first cleansing step I think about going back to Cetaphil but who knows if I will-there are so many great cleansers to try! Smile

Speaking of cleansers I want to try:

bushy wrote:
My favourite is Cellcosmet which I have only recently started to use and which I will review when I can find the words to properly describe just how much I like it.

I look forward to your review bushy!!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried SpectroJel?
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your replies.
Yes, I've tried Spectrojel and it was ok if I wasn't wearing makeup.
I stumbled upon makeup alley for their reviews on Marcelle and it was helpful. I think I'll give their product line a go after I've finished up with what I'm using now... Rolling Eyes
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
kittylove - since you mention Marcelle, I'm guessing you're in Canada. I would have suggesed Alpha Hydrox Foaming Cleanser but unfortunately they pulled out of Canada a few years back.

I tried Spectrojel and didn't like it. One I did like is Clearasil Total Control Deep Pore Cream Cleanser. It's got little scrubbing beads, is gentle enough for my dry sensitive skin but still helps with breakouts. I think it's got salicylic acid in it.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |