Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Rave - Juice Beauty
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
just wanted to let my oily/combo friends know -

I love the oil free moisturizer because it doesn't break me out, but winter is making my cheeks and forehead a little dry. I'm now adding a drop of jojoba to my JB every night and am liking it much more than either by themselves.

also in retrospect, I think the antioxidant serum was breaking me out a bit. I used it for about a year, and finally removed it from my routine (nothing much else has changed). On the whole I break out a lot less since I stopped using it about 6 months ago, and I know it can't be related to less stress because I'm now in law school.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia - out of Juice and Organic Pharmacy, which antioxidant serum do you think is better overall?

I'm in a quandary at the moment, want to change my skincare regime from mainly PTR (with a bit of Organic Pharmacy thrown in) as I've been using PTR for years. At least for a few months to give my skin a change. Don't know whether to switch to OP, switch to Juice or switch to PSF. Anyone's comments welcome!
mingkan38
5% products discount

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I used their Green Apple Peel and it was too strong for me. I also used their Blemish Clearing Serum and my skin feels so uncomfortable. I ended up return those products. Confused
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I must be in the minority here but i really wasnt impressed with the green apple peel.just to point out i dont have sensitive skin in the slightest i never have. I got it just after christmas and tried it twice. it really irritated my skin and left dry red flaky patches on my chin. its been about a month and im still healing and getting rid of the marks left. I have had other peel type products before without any problems so not sure what happened with this one. perhaps the skin care regime i had been using some how senstized my skin hmm anyway i was disappointed since i had high hopes for this one Sad
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
after reading ur review, i decided to try out their skincare line...but was dissapointed. i bought their blemish serum, green apple antioxidant serum, moisturiser, mask and the peel, thinking it will bring me beautiful skin but after using the moisturiser, it left white marks on my face and felt very sticky! the peel did nothing for me either. and the blemish serum actually gave me spots!
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
there it goes into my shopping cart... i seriously need to stop reading... or else my credit card statement will get mile long.
Laughing Laughing

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I'll update after i tried this out. Imaging my skin without all the acne scars Very Happy Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
after reading ur review, i decided to try out their skincare line...but was dissapointed. i bought their blemish serum, green apple antioxidant serum, moisturiser, mask and the peel, thinking it will bring me beautiful skin but after using the moisturiser, it left white marks on my face and felt very sticky! the peel did nothing for me either. and the blemish serum actually gave me spots!

i was also disappointed - i bought the whole line, but if anything, my skin seemed worse (more blackheads). luckily, i had purchased everything from sephora, had held onto my receipt and the packaging just in case, and brought it all back (after 2 weeks of use) for a full 100% refund! as much as i love trying out smaller brands (i now use and love zenbiotic), there is something to be said for the monolith that is sephora Smile
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
can anyone elaborate the difference between the full strength one and the sensitive one?
I can't decide which one to try.
My skins are not really sensitive i guess, I rarely have any allergic/sensitive reaction to most skin care product.

For those who had tried both, what do you think the differences are?
I want this to be effective, but not over-killing my skin cells.

Thanks much! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:20 am      Reply with quote
dear yuki (snow!)

i have used both the sensitive and the full strength peels on my skin. I think the names "sensitive" and "full" are a bit misleading, because they are really similar in my opinion, but the "sensitive" peel is okay to use more than once a week, whereas the "full strength" should really only be used once a week at most. There is a higher concentration of AHAs in the full strength peel, but that does not necessarily mean that your skin will react more to it. Everyone is different--some people cannot even use the sensitive--but I think it has more to do with the combination of ingredients rather than the concentrations of AHAs. You should get a sample and try it out on your neck, which has thinner, more sensitive skin.

My skin used to be not at all sensitive, but I just moved to a different country and now it is extremely sensitive and reactive, and the full strength peel was fine on me (yay). I really like it because it brightens up the skin tone, gets rid of dry skin patches, and exfoliates the upper layers of the skin, thereby apparently enhancing penetration of other active ingredients.

Another thing to consider: if you are prone to spider veins and broken capillaries (or any redness at all) like I am, you should consider the full strength to be used only once every week or two weeks, or even the sensitive to be used like the full strength--once a week. Repeated use of ahas (i.e. if you got the sensitive and used it 3x/week) can aggravate these conditions and make them much, much worse. I learned the hard way using an AHA cleanser for months on my face, which brought out many new little spidery veins all over. Crying or Very sad

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
avalange,

thanks for your help.
I just couldn't wait to try this, and had placed an order with EDS last night, Embarassed Embarassed
Laughing Laughing

I order the full strength one, and i plan on using it no more than once a week. We'll see how it works on my skin, hopefully, it'll be a miracle jar for me Pray Pray Pray

yup, Snow is my name Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Juice Beauty seems like an exact copy of Real Natural and Doll Face Beauyt Cocktails. Has anyone tried any of these?

Personally, I didn't much like the Green Apple line. It did naddah for my skin.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have only used Juice Beauty's Green Apple Peel "full strength". I really love this product and use it 1 - 2 times a week. It makes my skin so smooth. I am already on my 4th jar!

5% products discount

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I used the sensitive skin one but it didn't seem to do anything so I bought the full strengh one and the result is very nice. My skin is brighter and the wrinkles seem vanished.
The only problem is that my sensitive face stays VERY red for at least 15 mn after rinsing it. You can guess exactly where the peel was applied or not and even how thick the layer was !
Do you think this peel is too strong for my skin or does anyone has the same "side effect" ?
Thank you.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
I just used the Green Apple Peel for the first time today. I've been using an AHA serum for the past year or so without any problem, so I figured it would be okay to use the full strength version. Slathered on a nice layer of the peel and planned to rinse it off in 15 minutes per the instructions. But after 7 or 8 minutes, I could feel my skin getting warm and by 10 minutes I thought I'd better check in the bathroom mirror. Yikes--beet red all over my face!!! (I started thinking about calling in sick tomorrow--no way I'd go to work that way!) I rinsed very well with cool water and doused my face with aloe gel. After a bit, I followed that up with an emollient soothing face cream. Well, long story short--it took about an hour and a half, but the redness went away. My face feels quite smooth and looks normal again. I'm planning on trying it again next weekend. But I wouldn't dream of using it more often than that. And I'm going to skip my nightly AHA serum for a day or so...
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the green apple peel as a night cream (!) and it's worked wonders around that special time of the month when my face just wants to break out. I'm also using the green apple antioxidant serum- very nice, fresh, dosn't make me break out. Just got the tinted SPF moisturizer today and the lip plumper.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lorettapy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. It's really tempting Razz
jeab
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to order this product as well .It seems nice Razz
kellyks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the sensitive skin version and I love the way my skin looks afterwards, but about 2-3 hours afterwards. Right after washing it off, and I really do not leave it one too long, my skin is bright red and I feel like a have a fever. My face stays this way for about 2 hours and then the redness slowly fades, with amazing results. The redness is a little scary though but so far I have used this 3 times and the last time the redness went away faster so maybe it takes an adjustment period.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a small sample size of the sensitive skin version. I figured it would last a couple of weeks, then I could transition back to the full strength version. There's something unnerving about how very red my skin got with the full strength peel--can that much irritation really be good? Hoping that my skin gets used to the peel by easing in...
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
It's been a while since I've used Apple Peel so is full strength the original or is it reformulated to be stronger?
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
well... i go the full strength one, and the first week i tried it, it was ok, little tingling, everything was fine, though there were no wow factor, but i guess it needs time and consistent use to see any difference in skin tones and texture improvement.
So this past monday night, i put my apple peel on for the 2nd time, and it burned like crazy, my whole face got red except my eye area. It look just like i had gone out on the beach with my sunglasses on and sun bath for hours. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

i wonder why the first time it was alright. the only thing i could think of is that i started using a new batch of my DIY oil cleanser, i use 40% castor oil, 60% grapeseed oil, and this time i added a few drops of lemon peel essential oil,which i did have on my previous batch.
Could the lemon peel oil contributed some effect to my skin sensitivity to apple peel?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the antioxidant is fabulous on my face. Very Happy
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:36 am      Reply with quote
I had received my Antioxidant serum a few days ago but not yet used it. Hope it will work on my face Very Happy Very Happy
basketballer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I feel like that this one is not suitable for oily and sensitive skin due to some ingredients Smile
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the peel in my last order, and loved it. I have only used it once, but I found it gave me a lovely glow and my skin's texture looked great.It was the perfect thing to do before a special evening. My serums and moisturisers went on beautifuly, and my make-up looked great!I must say I have very tough skin, and it can take the harsher products,so I had no problems with stinging or redness. I can tell though that it would be a bit much for those with really sensitive skin.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |