Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Where those out-dated skincare/make-up products go to?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I got this query in mind for a long time?

Once the dates of the skincare or make-up products have expired, where will they be?

Question
Because some products have got no expiry date on the box do you think the department stores or drugstores still keep selling it? Or return to the supplier?
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
That's a good question. I hope they have a policy that they return older product on a set schedule. When you look at the price of some products on the shelves, I want to make sure what I buy is fresh and not uneffective because it's too old. Hmmmmm ... maybe that's why some department store products don't do what they claim ... Very Happy That brings to mind another question, I wonder if when the products are sent back to the supplier, they inturn sell them to a discount store to get rid of?
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
That probably is the case. I onece bought a bottle of eye cream with broken package box. It was supposed to be a new bottle, but apparently it was used before. I stopped purchasing anything from that site.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
My thinking is places like Big Lots, as well.. They get close to date items and discontinued products.. Not just in skin care etc, but also food items...
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr,

I also think that the supplier may sell the returned/outdated products to discount stores OR probably sell them overseas. Some countries may not have strict control on those out-dated products, I guess.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
bb2000, good point.. I know on another board I visit, a lot of the people order their Retin A from Mexico and it has been mentioned that the tubes are close to date when they get them...
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
thats a big question mark (?)
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
This is a good question Idea I never thought about it .. hmm
I do think about it sometimes whenever I see that some skincare or makeup are on sale.
This is the reason why I only buy stuff from the department store like Sears, The Bay, Holt .. and also only the new items (so I can be sure that they are new - both from the producer and from the seller) .. but of coz sometimes I need to buy some old stuff! so hmm .. anyone knows?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |