Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bulking Up with Weights
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
stardust wrote:
To DiverChick, Candy8865 and La Vie en Rose - thanks so much for all your great suggestions. I'm going to print them out for future reference. Very Happy

Don't thank us yet - who knows what tortures we have in mind Bad Grin

I haven't forgotten - just haven't had a chance to come up with something I can fully describe, do-able without someone over your shoulder Wink challenging enough but not too complicated....I'm still thinking....

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
stardust wrote:
To DiverChick, Candy8865 and La Vie en Rose - thanks so much for all your great suggestions. I'm going to print them out for future reference. Very Happy

Don't thank us yet - who knows what tortures we have in mind Bad Grin

I haven't forgotten - just haven't had a chance to come up with something I can fully describe, do-able without someone over your shoulder Wink challenging enough but not too complicated....I'm still thinking....

That would be so great! DH does weights at home and is always after me to join him but everytime I've tried, it's like "First you do this, then this and then this. And this is another good one ..." And I'm saying "Wh-a-at? Uh, can you show me again?" It's probably best for our relationship if I get advice from someone else I'm not married to. Laughing
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Candy, if you come up with something and find its hard to describe and it resembles any of these exercises on this page:
http://www.shapefit.com/training.html
Please link us!
There's hundreds of exercises there with little video clips and I have SUCH a hard time just reading something and trying to figure it out. I found that website immensely helpful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Phoebes, this site is awesome! I'm the same way...it's hard for me to just read something and instantly know how to do it. This will be very useful for me...thanks so much for posting it! Very Happy

Mary
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Candy Smile Too bad I'm not in the Chicago area. Otherwise I would beg you to let me be your workout buddy. Then I know I would be in tip-top, incredible shape. Wink

Candy8865 wrote:

I think the hardest part for anyone is just getting in there and doing it. The stress comes from the 'I'll do it tomorrows'.

Ain't that the truth!

DiverChick wrote:
Very Happy

I actually don't like running much either. Then, this time last year, I made an off comment to someone that I wished I could run a marathon and they rolled their eyes at me, like "yeah, right."

So I'm running my first this Sunday. Wink

Yes, like a basset hound, but guess who I'll be calling first when I finish? Laughing

GOOD LUCK! Take care of yourself after the marathon too. I remember when one of my past teammates ran a marathon and despite being in amazing shape she was so sore for a few days following it (as if training and running the actual marathon wasn't enough!) I never realized this could happen to marathoners. And I hope going for the Ironman works out for you.

I am a non-runner... not only do I not like running for exercise but my podiatrist strongly advised me against it b/c I have totally flat feet and extremely loose joints. I have also already had bunion surgeries and while this has helped a lot with the pain of them my feet still get sore if I walk a lot or am on my feet all day.

I would love to participate in a triathalon someday despite this. Running would definitely be my weakness but I might be able to compensate for it in swimming and biking.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
DiverChick
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Amnis!

Despite getting sick, I finished my marathon yesturday without having to walk!And today, I can barely walk! Confused

SHould be fine in a few days. A nice bike ride tomoorrow will also losen up the muscles.

Tri's are GREAT! You could do a sprint or olympic and only have to run 3-6 miles. To train, you'd only run 3x a week for 30-45 minutes.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
CONGRATULATIONS DiverChick!!!!

I imagine the accomplishment of finishing the marathon is worth the pain today!
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Dancing Yay! Congratulations DiverChick! That must be exciting! I know how excited I get when I meet one of my mini fitness goals! But for accomplishing a marathon...Go eat an ice cream sundae!!! You totally deserve it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
DiverChick, that's so awesome! Congrats! Like PhoebesMeow said, accomplishing even a small fitness goal is exciting, so I can't even imagine how great it must've felt to have finished an entire marathon!

Mary Smile
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you DiverChick! Congrats!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
DiverChick
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy

Thanks a lot ladies! I appreciate it.

I feel pretty good, but still can't get down stairs unless I get on my butt! Laughing
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Re-viving an old post....

1. Can't see Candy's suggestions. Am I missing something?

2. Is it true that squatting using the Smith machine is bad for your back?

I have fused lumbar vertebrae and tight hamstrings and can't squat except if I use a big exercise ball against the wall or use the smith machine. My physiotherapist laughed out loud when I told him that I was using the smith machine. He said to just try sitting on a chair and get up. I'm somewhat dubious of this. Does anybody have any advice on this? TIA
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |