Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross Root Resilience Nourishing Scalp Conditioner (177 ml / 6 floz) glotherapeutics Gentle Enzyme Exfoliant (73 ml / 2.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Hello Kitty Rose Repair Gel Mask (150 ml)
Who should use Obagi?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Natning
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I am a little confused... Obagi sounds like such an amazing product and people who have used them got amazing results. I am just wondering how skin type is suitable to use Obagi? I understand it's a product that involved peeling, removing age spots/dark spots... What if my goal is to remove white heads, have a smoother complexion etc... will Obagi help? I am just wondering if Obagi is strictly for mature skin, a solution to dark spots and fine lines ect. How does the system work?

Thanks!
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 2:11 am      Reply with quote
As far as I know, Obagi has different products for different needs, such as Obagi Nu-Derm System, Obagi-C Rx System & Obagi Blue Peel.

Obagi Nu-Derm System accelerates cellular turnover for skin with moderate to severe sun damage

Obagi-C Rx System is for brighter, Photolumines skin with mild to moderate sun damage.

Obagi Blue Peel is used in conjunction with the Obagi Nu-Derm System to enhance the effects of the peel and to sustain healthier, younger-looking skin.

Well, I also heard that it is good for removing blackhead and holes too. But I think you should better consult a physician as they suggested.
Elfie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
There are alot of people who love Obagi and alot who hate it. Before starting it, do ALOT of research. The Nu-Derm system is used on both young and mature skin. I have seen people get dramatic results with it and I have seen people whose skin has been ruined by it (hypersensitivity and hyper/hypopigmentation). I tried it and did not like it. I had a sensitivity to it and I could smell the products in my urine. If using it be prepared for a 6-20 week period of the Obagi uglies. And ugly they are-and they prefer you not to wear makeup during this period.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I went to a MedSpa for a microderm consultation because of a bad experience with Mario Badescu products and decided to try the Obagi Nu-Derm system.

My consultant told me that the problems I was having with MB were likely due to the high alcohol content in several products, which was drying out my skin and preventing it from expunging oil and dirt.

Nu-Derm is a kind of complex system and a lot of it is prescription strength, so I wouldn't recommend buying it without talking to a professional. There are different kits and dosage amounts based on your skin condition.

It seems like a lot of people use it to get rid of dark/age spots; I am 23 and was told it works to improve the overall appearance of skin for any age. It's worth a try if you're willing to drop a lot of money on the kit, but if you're going to invest so much, I'd def go to a doctor and make sure you do it right. I paid about double for my kit than is advertised here; I don't know if it's the markup or that these products are going to expire soon. Good luck!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
It mainly seems to thrill people who have mature skin and bad hyperpigmentation. It uses hydroquinine, which is banned in the UK for good reason I think, as it's main skin lightener the rest is STRONG exfoliation. I wouldn't touch the stuff for the problems you describe. You may cause more problems than you solve.

Be gentle to your face Wink M
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:00 am      Reply with quote
i have used obagi probably 3 months and i was 25 years old when i used it, i actually got a pretty good result with it.
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I went to a dermatologist to see what he can do about the frecles and brown spot on my cheeks. I suggested that I use OBAGI. I used for about 2 months and it did work. I did get rid of the spots. However, I find that when I stop using it, they come back. Also mind you, the first month was really awful. My face was hurting and peeling like crazy. It was red and looked like I can a bad sunburn. I didn't want to go out. Now I only using once or twice a week to keep the spots away.
Cho

Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone advise me which system i should use to get rid of my freckles. Nu Derm System or C RX System? Embarassed

Natning wrote:
Hi all,
I am a little confused... Obagi sounds like such an amazing product and people who have used them got amazing results. I am just wondering how skin type is suitable to use Obagi? I understand it's a product that involved peeling, removing age spots/dark spots... What if my goal is to remove white heads, have a smoother complexion etc... will Obagi help? I am just wondering if Obagi is strictly for mature skin, a solution to dark spots and fine lines ect. How does the system work?

Thanks!
sart48
5% products discount

Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 53 and I have to admit (sixth week of using the Obagi)the change in my skin is fantastic. The aestician from another spa where I get my hair cut couldn't believe the results. She actually said she could tell where the collagen in my skin was improving. She is now going to try and get licensed to sell Obagi at her spa. I had pretty good skin to begin with, but had some firming and age spots (sun damage) I wanted to get rid of...they are gone. The flaking is well worth it. See someone who is licensed though to set up your regimen if you go with Obagi. Worth every penny. I will continue to use if my skin will stay this way.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Clinical Concentrate Radiance Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Shir-Radiance Corrective Rx Wrinkle & Pore Minimizer (30 ml)