Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: AHAVA Intensive Nourishing Hand Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Okay ladies...you have to try this if you already haven't!

I got this as a sample in my last order and I can't stop reapplying it.

Here's the blurb from the back of the packet..

Revitalizes chapped, rough and over-dry hands. Protects skin against extremes of weather, nourishing even the driest hands. Directions: apply liberally and massage into skin until fully absorbed.

My hands have been so dry lately. So bad that its has cracked open and bled. I can't help it. I'm constantly washing my hands, plus I have slight eczema on my left ring finger that makes it worse (more so since I wear my e-ring and wedding band).

After applying, my hands are noticeably softer and they don't hurt. I've tried so many othe lotions, but thanks to EDS, I have found something that actually works for me. I can actually feel it moisturizing deep into my skin. The lotion doesn't just sit on your skin.

Hope that helps somebody!

This is definetely a purchase for me when the sample runs out!!

Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Ahava Mineral Hand Cream (100 ml / 3.4 oz)
Ahava Mineral Hand Cream (100 ml / 3.4 oz)

A luxuriously rich cream drenches the hands in velvety smoothness. Treats skin to deep-down nourishment. Formulated to calm and soften rough hands to a surprisingly smooth texture. Apply anytime throughout the day for immediate relief and improvement.

Replaced by {{13473}}.

Mabsy

Thu May 18, 2006 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the review of this! I have read many years ago that the Ahava hand cream is their star product. Many people rave about this and I know ladies who stock up on it when they head back to their country (Pakistan? Not sure, it's not available here anyway).

The one thing that has always stopped me from trying this is the scent of it. I have read from some that it smells pretty bad - while others say it smells nice. So, what do you think of the scent of this? Smile
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabs!

I don't find the scent overly strong or offensive.

Smells like...clay? Chalk? Its very subtle, not strong at all. Its def. not floral at all.

Sorry I can't be more descriptive! It doesn't smell like anything I can readily recognize. Smells like clay I think. HRM.

Confused
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have Ahava Mineral Hand Cream from SpaLook.com as a free gift. Laughing Laughing Laughing It has a very strong perfume smell. Not that pleasant. Confused Confused Confused FRAGRANCE is in the middle of the ingredient list. Its ingredient list is Long!!!

Fri May 19, 2006 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both - again, there seems to be a difference in opinion! Laughing Looks like I'm just destined to buy this and find out for myself one day Smile
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Okay - I HAD to check again. NOPE no bad smell! I wonder if its because its in a packet, and the product isn't as concentrated?

I asked my husband's opinion - he also agreed, the smell wasn't strong or bad.

That's so weird...

Confused
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Oh Mabs - Maybe ask EDS for a sample with your next order?
Mabsy

Sat May 20, 2006 12:59 am      Reply with quote
puglove - Maybe it's just people's scent preferences or perhaps there are inconsistencies between batches? Good idea on the sample - I just keep forgetting :s
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
A coworker gave me a full size tube of this hand cream. He received a couple of tubes from a friend who works for Ahava. Now I know how much it is! Wonder if he does?? His friend told him it was a salon line but neither one of us had heard of it before.

Noticed two things right away. The softness of my hands and the smell. At first I thought it was way to perfumey for me. Too bad since the quality is obviously there. After finding this thread, I pulled it out and tried it again. Now I think the smell isn't so bad. It absorbs quickly and really makes the hands soft, non greasy.

But I did notice the ingredient list had a lot of alcohols and two parabens in the top half of the list. I'll use it up and remember to p/u a little gift for my coworker.
Mabsy

Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:06 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis was super generous and sent me some of her Ahava hand cream I don't mind the smell at all - it is perfumey but not in a bad way. Very good hand cream too!
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all! I know this is an old thread, but I'm still loving the handcream. I actually had it in my basket for my next order, but removed it because I saw it at Winners for $14.99!

My hands have taken a toll these last few months. It seems like ever since I had my son, they have been constantly cracking (MAJOR OUCH) and are super dry. This cream has worked wonders in just 2 days for me.

I think I'll have to go back to Winners to clean out their stock... Very Happy
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still on the lookout for a truly effective hand cream that won't leave hands feeling greasy and maintain it's effectiveness. I was quite pleased when I tried Peter Thomas Roth Hands that lie, but it seemed like after 2 weeks of use, it lost it's effectiveness. Does anyone else have trouble with hand creams that stop working?

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
sounds nice...but is only for dry hands?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
the only hand cream I've ever been able to tolerate is the unscented Neutrogena hand cream. It works well, isn't sticky, and no scent. and it's cheap!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I've used a couple of tubes of this hand cream over the years. It's a great hand cream, but I don't think it is worth the cost relative to other hand creams that are just as good. Lately I've been using Aveeno's Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 as a hand cream (it's meant for face), and it's amazing. Keeps my hands moisturized, protected from sun, and they look younger!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm now use the Neutrogena hand cream and it WORK GREAT. But I like to use the hand cream with difference brand. I will give a try on this, thanks.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:45 am      Reply with quote
AHAVA moisturizers are great in that it sinks right well into the skin. The fragrance is nice as well without being over the top. I also used it on my feet, heel area and it really soften the area and hydrated it much Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote
So the only two ingredients that are actually good for your skin are these?

Witch Hazel Distillate (Hamamelis Virginiana),
Dead Sea Water

The rest - you can google it:
Ingredients

Water, Octyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alc., PEG 20 Stearate, Cetearyl Alc. and Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Witch Hazel Distillate (Hamamelis Virginiana), Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Dead Sea Water, Allantoin, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol
havana8

Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
So the only two ingredients that are actually good for your skin are these?

Witch Hazel Distillate (Hamamelis Virginiana),
Dead Sea Water

The rest - you can google it:
Ingredients

Water, Octyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alc., PEG 20 Stearate, Cetearyl Alc. and Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Witch Hazel Distillate (Hamamelis Virginiana), Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Dead Sea Water, Allantoin, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol

I did google it and there are other inclusions that are skin-friendly:

Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate is a natural emulsifier. Cetearyls are heavy plant oils such as coconut or palm oils that are high in fatty acids. This is one of the most natural and chemically simple emulsifiers available.

Cetearyl Alcohol is a component of all natural waxes and serves as a stabilizer and an emolient, giving a natural consistency to the product.

Allantoin is derived from Comfrey and is used in products to promote wound healing and tissue repair.

Octyl palmitate Derived from palm oil; used as an emollient and humectant.

Glycerin is a natural alcohol derived from vegetable oils and is used as a solvent for herbal extracts and as a humectant or an emollient. Glycerin gives humidity to a product and helps the skin maintain its natural moisture.

(from Saffron Rouge's ingredient dictionary)
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'll put my 2 cents in and say this is one of the best hand creams I've used, my only deterrent is the fragrance. I wish it wasn't so strong, but it doesn't bother me too much. This is the only hand lotion that I put on at night and my hands feel nice and moisturized when I wake up in the morning... most hand creams don't seem to have the same effect.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:14 am      Reply with quote
OK ladies I am sold, I am going to try it with next order then.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I think the system put the wrong image here.

This is the intensive cream. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ahava-dermud-intensive-ha-p_117.htm

I must say their Intensive DERMUD line is a miracle indeed. I've tried both the regular foot cream and the DERMUD intensive one and difference is like between day and night. You really see and feel results after the dermud one.
happygal07
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
AHAVA hand cream is stunning! I discovered it in ISrael in 1992, at the orginal factory at the Dead Sea! It truly is beautiful. Strong fragrance, but you get used to it. Tried every handcream imaginable, but always come back to this!

BTW, I dont particularly like the Intensive range. The original hand cream is better!

Sorry, that is the Dermud range I dont like as much. Doesnt seems to absorb as well as the regular line of hand cream.

*3 posts merged by moderator*
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
the Dermud line actually contains the Dead Sea mud which is extremely good for your skin.

It absorbs just fine for me, and comparing to regular hand cream - the regular one just soaks in, and I have dry hands in next five minutes.

So Dermud is waaay better
happygal07
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I should clarify that I used the Dermud range only once and that was some time ago. I love the original formula so much, but perhaps I should give the Dermud another chance!!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |