Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Speaking of OXYGEN ....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2006 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I am curious... lucky for me there is a Seven-Eleven about 100m from my home (OK, well, almost EVERYONE in Japan has a convenience store 100m from home Laughing )

Canned oxygen sales aim to lift tired Japanese

TOKYO (Reuters) - Exhausted Japanese workers in need of a pick-me-up will soon be able to get a hit of canned oxygen at their local convenience store.

Seven-Eleven Japan will start marketing the new product, "O2 Supli," at select stores in the Tokyo area later this month and expand sales nationwide in June.

"People are under a lot of stress and can't get much exercise, so they aren't getting enough oxygen," said Minoru Matsumoto, a spokesman for Seven & I Holdings Co Ltd, Seven-Eleven's parent company.

"This is especially true of people who do long hours of desk work in front of a computer. They don't breathe that deeply."

The oxygen will be sold for 600 yen (about US$5.10) in 3.2-litre spray cans of 95 percent pure oxygen, each of which comes with a small plastic mask attached to the top.

Users place the mask over their mouth and nose, then push a nozzle, which dispenses the oxygen for two to three seconds.

Each can contains enough oxygen for about 35 doses, in either a grapefruit or peppermint fragrance.

"The peppermint should be really good for mornings when you're tired, or when you're driving, or when you really have to concentrate," Matsumoto said.

"The grapefruit should be good before you do sports or while you're working really late."

People involved in product testing gave favourable reports, Matsumoto said, noting that he had tried it himself.

"Everyone found it extremely refreshing," he added.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 12:09 am      Reply with quote
I wish they would sell it in the land of Oz as I can still clearly remember the effect of being on oxygen in hospital and it is like it is the first time you have ever breathed pure clean air.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm a nurse, I dont take care of patients, but the next time I'm near an O2 meter, I'm going to take a hit!!! Laughing
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Shock first we pay for "water", now air!! all kidding aside, my mother in law had a at home tank and I must say her skin was magnificent!!!
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
i don't think too much oxygen would be that good for you...maybe that's just my opinion. heh.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
purpleturtle wrote:
i don't think too much oxygen would be that good for you...maybe that's just my opinion. heh.

Ditto, pure oxygen anyways.

The air we breath is more nitrogen than oxygen, if I remember correctly. I think 7 Eleven has some great marketing strategies. Heck, why not just learn some deep breathing techniques? Seems alot easier to me. Save your $$ for SKINCARE Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! LOL
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I agree with that as well. The amount of oxygen is low when counting all the other elements as well as pollutions that exist in the air we breathe. Some might look at that as a negative, but while there are a lot of bad things in the air, i wouldn't be sucking on pure oxygen all the time even if you payed me. because i'm too lazy to word this, i thought i would just search it on the next to explain the reason oxygen in its pure gaseous state is not a healthy:

"Oxidizers and other corrosives are abundant in a research setting. Oxygen gas, necessary for life as we know it, is present in the atmosphere along with Nitrogen, Carbon Dioxide and a few other gases. The amount of Oxygen is less than 21% of the total mixture. This quantity is sufficient to cause metal to rust, fires to burn out of control, and certain foods to turn sour. Consider a source of nearly-pure Oxygen, at more than 150 times normal atmospheric pressure. This would be the realm of the compressed Oxygen cylinder. An enriched Oxygen environment can be a fire or explosion hazard."

Though people would be putting pure oxygen in their bodies opposed to it existing in the atmosphere...thinking about what negative things oxygen by itself can do, i wouldn't feel necessarily like i was doing myself good by using it to relieve my stress.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |