Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Amino Acids in Skin care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
productjunkie76
5% products discount

Thu May 18, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
i just started to use Nu Skin's Tru Face Priming Solution like a toner and it has 17 amino acids and some other good ingredients like green tea. Anyway i like so far but will wait to really review it till i've been using longer.
Does anyone have experience w/ amino acids in skin care products?
thanks
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using a product called AFA amino acid exfoliating gel. It is suppose to exfoliate without irritation and photosensitivity. I really like it so far. My skin looks healthy and is not irritated at all. The spa where I bought it from has had very good feedback on this product. I think that we will be seeing alot of amino acid type products in the future.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 2:38 am      Reply with quote
I believe amino acids are very good for the skin. I have used Amino Genesis Photolagen and Tripeptinon which are full of amino acids and I love them. They do not cause any breakouts, they moisturise and your skin feels so much better after using products with amino acids IMO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
There is a brand in Japan called JINO that is full of amino acids and is supposed tobe good but I have not triedit.

They are also bringing out an amino acid sunscreen. The blurb goes:

The product, which contains Soft Shade DH, the company's proprietary ultraviolet protection component derived from amino acid, has higher sunscreen effects: the Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 48 and the Protection of UVA (PA) of ++.

Without using ultraviolet absorber, Amino Sunscreen can alleviate chemical damage to the skin. It sells for 3,675 yen ($34).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:57 am      Reply with quote
EDS have a question and answer section about amino genesis

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/Amino-Acids.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:27 am      Reply with quote
saz07, thanks for the link! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:28 am      Reply with quote
A: It has been medically proven that the loss or degradation of collagen protein in the skin due to aging or over exposure to the sun and wind can cause the skin to lose elasticity making it dry and brittle. This process makes the skin susceptible to the formation of deep wrinkles. The selected amino acids in AminoGenesis are essential to healthy skin. These are exactly the same amino acids found in collagen and elastin. Each amino acid in AminoGenesis is made from plant sources and is painstakingly purified. These amino acids are then carefully blended to match the optimum amino acid composition in collagen. By utilizing the unique delivery system in AminoGenesis, the skin now has available the amino acids necessary to beautify and repair itself on a daily basis. No other skin care formulation can approach this level of perfection!

THe most abundant amino acid in collagen is glycine, this amino acid is the smallest, simplest one in the nature. Most important, you can get this amino acid wherever and whenever, ether by synthesizing it by your body, from diet , or degradation of other proteins. So this answer is totally doubtful.

I do agree some amino acids have very special functions other than a material of proteins, like arginine is one of the major component of sperm cell, and can't be synthesized by human body, therefore enough arginine can improve sex ability... However, in this example, human body can not synthesize arginine. For glycine, our b ody can synthesize it whenever and wherever.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |