Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Do anti wrinkle creams really work?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
vbperez

Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I am 26 years old. I broke out big time when I was around 21 years old and to my rescue came Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash.

Currently that is all I use along with a Moisturizer (I pretty much use any kind).

I really like the Neutrogena product, but now I am at the stage where I want to do something to prevent wrinkles .

Oh yeah btw, my skin is combination...really oily on the Tzone and super dry on the other areas. My skin is very sensitive too ( I have used toners and some masks in the past and they irritate my skin) and I tend to break out a bit once in a while. My pores are a bit large (not too much).

I have read that anti aging creams don't really work and can sometimes make your skin wear out.

I have also read that the key to healthy skin is to always keep it moisturized.

Any suggestions ...

-Vero

angel
5% products discount

Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think prevention care can be exercised on those line-prone areas like the outer cheeks, eyes, mouth and forehead. I'm using Clarins Multi-Active Nuit on these areas at night. But I just tap a little into these parts before I sleep at night. And you'll notice smoother skin in the morning. But remember to prep the entire face with a moisturizer before applying your anti-wrinkle treatment.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Oh! Sorry about that blank post.

I think creams just make your wrinkles LOOK better. SPF sunblock to the only good anti-aging product as long as it has the required ingredients to protect you from UVA/UVB rays. Many of them don't have it.
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I think different people have different opinions. You can try it. If it fit you. It's good.
GiusyMarino
5% products discount

Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Hey anti wrinkle cream starts working as per the ingredients used in the product and also the type of skin you have
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Okay a few things here. First and foremost prevention is better than cure so one thing you need is a UVA/UVB sunprotection cream of some sorts that you apply daily without fail. Trouble with UVA and UVB is that they penetrate and go so deep into the skin that youngsters often unknowingly age themselves but the results take a good 10-20 years to show up. If you start doing prevention now you will avoid ever having those things show up.

Now antiaging creams do work and no two are alike. They are designed for various things and so often people need to shop around depending on what their issues are, their concerns, their goals etc. At 26, hell at 36 – you are too young to be concerned or need to use antiaging creams.

Now wrinkles are usually sun damage and caused by repeated expressions too. So for example, some people constantly frown and then end up with wrinkles between their brows. If you constantly make an expression you will create wrinkles.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Wrinkle creams plump the skin but they only improve the appearance of wrinkles.

Deep wrinkles like crows feet and 11s (rather than general corrugation all over the body) are created because the muscle is pulling the skin into creases. This is why Botox produces immediate dramatic results while creams only claim to make them look less pronounced.

If you exercise the right areas and improve the shape of the muscle it stops pulling and puckering the skin and wrinkles will drop out with a little patience. Skin creams will even things out a bit but the cause of wrinkling is in the muscle.

All best, loulou

Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:35 am      Reply with quote
It's hard to say as it depends on the person and their skin type. Personally I do not think they are very effective with my skin, but I don't see any harm from using them especially when they have vitamins and other good supplements!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Of course they do to a point. Neglecting and drying out your skin does damage and protecting your skin is beneficial. The hard part is finding the right products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I never regret my life long allegiance to skincare. i've used so many creams and skincare lines. But I have always taken care of my skin and enjoyed it. It pays off.

The most base way of putting it.. is like polishing your shoes. If you were to wipe down and polish your shoes each night and compare them to a pair you just wore and never cared for. That's about the same difference with your skin.

Use a wrinkle cream, Use sunscreen ..and experiment with new skincare lines and find what works for you
Gymratttt

Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:55 am      Reply with quote
keep your skin hydrated, use masks 2-3 times / week and if needed a little bit of botox wont hurt here and there
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I definitely think that some ingredients do help (along with other tools)but as others have noted; prevention by wearing sunscreen is probably most important.
If you think about what creates wrinkles and is the source of them then it would seem to be either sun damage, expression lines or (aging and sun damage)sagging.
I also think sagging and thinning skin is also the worst culprit in making one appear older; not an expression line here or there.

If someone is young and worried about prevention then I think one should worry about keeping the skin strong and healthy and protecting it from the environment and not use harsh products and aggressive tools too soon.
Every day I see younger women having problems from being too aggressive with the products and tools they decide to use for prevention or because they see problems that don't actually exist yet.
ying0101
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I totally second your opinion. I really wish that when I was young around 20ish, there was some guidance regarding how to take care of the skin and what to use. I did not come to know that until very recently....

tigerlily009 wrote:
I definitely think that some ingredients do help (along with other tools)but as others have noted; prevention by wearing sunscreen is probably most important.
If you think about what creates wrinkles and is the source of them then it would seem to be either sun damage, expression lines or (aging and sun damage)sagging.
I also think sagging and thinning skin is also the worst culprit in making one appear older; not an expression line here or there.

If someone is young and worried about prevention then I think one should worry about keeping the skin strong and healthy and protecting it from the environment and not use harsh products and aggressive tools too soon.
Every day I see younger women having problems from being too aggressive with the products and tools they decide to use for prevention or because they see problems that don't actually exist yet.
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
There's good information here but I'd like to add my 2 cents Very Happy. I'm almost 62 and when I was young we all soaked up the sun with no sun protection whatsoever. I've had 2 cancerous lesions taken off my arms. If sun protection had been around, I would have definitely used it. That being said, I've always used good moisturizers and I have very little wrinkling or lines on my face. I think a good vitamin c serum, antioxidant serum, Retin A or vitamin A (at night) combined with a really good moisturizer will keep your skin looking young longer. I'd much rather spend money on prevention than on plastic surgery later on.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I’m a little older than you, and would like to add something more. Even if people are not as old as us, we really didn’t know about UVA and UVBs till the early 90’s and almost no one prior to the 90s have UVA and/or UVB protection. So it means someone in their 30’s could quite easily have had UVA and UVB exposure without even realising. I remember hearing Dr Oz on Oprah say that for the majority of people who have sun damage, it rarely starts appearing till their 50s so a lot of the time, people get damage and do nothing and don’t even realise its there.
Debb3485 wrote:
There's good information here but I'd like to add my 2 cents Very Happy. I'm almost 62 and when I was young we all soaked up the sun with no sun protection whatsoever. I've had 2 cancerous lesions taken off my arms. If sun protection had been around, I would have definitely used it. That being said, I've always used good moisturizers and I have very little wrinkling or lines on my face. I think a good vitamin c serum, antioxidant serum, Retin A or vitamin A (at night) combined with a really good moisturizer will keep your skin looking young longer. I'd much rather spend money on prevention than on plastic surgery later on.
AshleySawyer
5% products discount

Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried using face mask before? If not yet, you could try one whatever brand you prefer. I am using a face mask which helps me a lot. It made my skin so smooth and looks younger everyday. My friends and family notice it too so I am very happy.
ying0101
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:38 am      Reply with quote
can you pls share which face mask? thanks

AshleySawyer wrote:
Have you tried using face mask before? If not yet, you could try one whatever brand you prefer. I am using a face mask which helps me a lot. It made my skin so smooth and looks younger everyday. My friends and family notice it too so I am very happy.
zabka

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:52 am      Reply with quote
I am a true believer of anti aging and anti wrinkle creams as long as you are selecting the ones with the correct ingredients. Any dermatologist or plastic surgeon will tell you that retinol's, Vitamin C creams and vitamin E work best on the skin. Hyaluronic acid is also an excellent product as well. Peptides do work also and there are so many out there to chose from but I keep my routines fairly simple with the a, c, e's as well as my favorite peptides added to my creams and the difference it's had on my lines and wrinkles is night and day. On crow's feet retinol is good but use o ly pea sized amounts for entire face to avoid irritation and start on lowest Dose. Use every second day rotating with Almond or Avocado Oil to replenish any moisture loss and the crow's feet Turn into wrinkles then into lines. Mine did using that treatment with derma roller. So I believe it can work for you also! Best wishes. Kate

5% products discount

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Yes you can use cream if you prefer and you will see the effect after so many use. But of course do exercise as well. There are also exercise for the face which you could check on google or youtube.
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a little older than you, but right now an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. First of all, look at your mother- what kind of wrinkles is she getting? It's a good indicator of what you need to look out for.

For example, my mother has never had any lines around her face. She's only ever had the 11s between her forehead and the lines around the mouth, the nasal folds. So, when I turned 28, I started getting botox between my eyes. You can't tell, and it stopped the 11s I was getting in their tracks.

I also believe that a really good face wash & moisturizer are vital. I use Ole Henriksen African Red Tea face wash (about $10 for a drugstore size). It leaves no icky film, and cleans EVERYTHING so genly. For regular moisturizing, I use the new Philosophy gel moisturizer, and thicker moisturizers for various reasons (see below).

Now, to the good stuff. I truly believe a retinoid product (I use Retin-A Micro .004%) and a Vitamin-C Serum (I use Skinceuticals and occasionally my own at home-stuff). These items have CHANGED MY SKIN.

Two times a week, I use Vitamin C. Two times a week, I use the Retin-A (which is when I use a heavier moisturizer- I love Creme de la Mer Soft though I know many hate it, Korres Yogurt Mask, and occasionally sleeping packs. on top of the Retin-A. Two more nights a week, I use a gentle Lactic Acid I put under my regular moisturizer (this is my new OBSESSION- Sunday Riley Good Genes, and I have soooo many samples for free so I'm great). I just can't believe how much of a difference this stuff has made. The 7th night of the week, I "rest" my skin. Just a gentle wash & moistuizer.

Every 2 weeks or so, I use makeupartistchoice Mandelic Acid or Mandelic/Salicylic Acid. This stuff also makes SUCH a huge difference.

About once a month, I get my skin microdermabrasion'd or use my at-home microderm device. Chemical & manual exfoliates are the key to great skin.

Once or twice a week I use a very calming, moisturizing mask, sometimes it's a Korean brand and sometimes it's a very expensive brand. I'll do this while I'm also deep conditioning my hair & waxing. Smile

Seriously, At least think about using a more gentle cleanser, a more serious moisturizer, and a retinoid + Vitamin C serum. They will do so much more for your skin right now than any wrinkle cream will! Smile I wouldn't start on the wrinkle creams until I hit my 30s.
Freya-

Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:05 am      Reply with quote
moisturing, sunscreen and scrubing are essential.Only di it well can our skin absorb following lotion etc.And you should also pay more attention to your eyes, for example,applying to eye cream, do massage,etc.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:09 am      Reply with quote
ellaelise wrote:
I'm a little older than you, but right now an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. First of all, look at your mother- what kind of wrinkles is she getting? It's a good indicator of what you need to look out for.

For example, my mother has never had any lines around her face. She's only ever had the 11s between her forehead and the lines around the mouth, the nasal folds. So, when I turned 28, I started getting botox between my eyes. You can't tell, and it stopped the 11s I was getting in their tracks.

I also believe that a really good face wash & moisturizer are vital. I use Ole Henriksen African Red Tea face wash (about $10 for a drugstore size). It leaves no icky film, and cleans EVERYTHING so genly. For regular moisturizing, I use the new Philosophy gel moisturizer, and thicker moisturizers for various reasons (see below).

Now, to the good stuff. I truly believe a retinoid product (I use Retin-A Micro .004%) and a Vitamin-C Serum (I use Skinceuticals and occasionally my own at home-stuff). These items have CHANGED MY SKIN.

Two times a week, I use Vitamin C. Two times a week, I use the Retin-A (which is when I use a heavier moisturizer- I love Creme de la Mer Soft though I know many hate it, Korres Yogurt Mask, and occasionally sleeping packs. on top of the Retin-A. Two more nights a week, I use a gentle Lactic Acid I put under my regular moisturizer (this is my new OBSESSION- Sunday Riley Good Genes, and I have soooo many samples for free so I'm great). I just can't believe how much of a difference this stuff has made. The 7th night of the week, I "rest" my skin. Just a gentle wash & moistuizer.

Every 2 weeks or so, I use makeupartistchoice Mandelic Acid or Mandelic/Salicylic Acid. This stuff also makes SUCH a huge difference.

About once a month, I get my skin microdermabrasion'd or use my at-home microderm device. Chemical & manual exfoliates are the key to great skin.

Once or twice a week I use a very calming, moisturizing mask, sometimes it's a Korean brand and sometimes it's a very expensive brand. I'll do this while I'm also deep conditioning my hair & waxing. Smile

Seriously, At least think about using a more gentle cleanser, a more serious moisturizer, and a retinoid + Vitamin C serum. They will do so much more for your skin right now than any wrinkle cream will! Smile I wouldn't start on the wrinkle creams until I hit my 30s.

So one should not use "wrinkle creams" until they're older but should get injectables in their 20's?
The best wrinkle creams/serums actually are retinoids and Vit C and AHA's/exfoliates.
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:30 am      Reply with quote
It is true that moisturizing is the key. Use the right product that is suitable to your age and skin condition is important with the basic cleansing, toning and moisturizing, maybe a special product like serum or vitamin c and things like that is sufficient. There is no point to put 10 products together at one go onto your face. Less is more.
Weekly exfoliating, mask are nice too, but don't overdo than required.
A regular facial session with a skillful beautician is helpful too.
The most important still is to keep yourself healthy and hydrated.
Good luck.
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I am a bit over 60 and have very few wrinkles even though I am a sun bunny who does not use much sunscreen. I think most of it is genetics but I really do believe that many actives can help. I did a test a long time ago putting active on my face with the back of my left hand I eventually noted that the left hand has no dark spots and has firmer skin than the right but do not know what caused this exactly.

I do micro-needle, use Tazorac (but do not do too often), and use a number of other actives including vit C, Frankincense oil, creams with pycnogenol, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide and many others. I have tried many brands over the years.

I believe that you need to use trial and error because everybody's skin is different. I do use occasional acid peels but too frequent peels can do more damage than good.
Alinn Smith
5% products discount

Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Olive Oil:

Olive oil is efficient for most of the health and skin conditions. It is useful for you wrinkled skin because of its antioxidants like vitamins A and E, which prevents skin-damaging free radicals. You must massage your skin daily with olive oil for the generation of new skin cells. The oil will deeply penetrate into the skin and keeps it moisturised. Alternatively, you can add few honey drops with olive oil and glycerine. Massage your skin daily with this solution to eradicate dead cells and shagginess of the skin. .

Stay Hydrated:

Drinking plenty of water can be useful to fix skin wrinkles, especially when dry skin causes wrinkles. Water keeps your skin hydrated and retrieves the moisture.

Aloe Vera:

Aloe Vera is the panacea for many skin concerns including wrinkles. It is useful for wrinkles because of the presence of malic acids that maintain the elasticity of the skin. It is very simple to use! Just extract the gel and apply it over your face. Wear it for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.

Ginger:

Ginger is a trusted anti-wrinkle remedy because of its antioxidant properties. Besides, it protects the skin elastin, which is the main reason of wrinkles and fine lines. Add 1 tbsp. of honey with grated ginger. Consume this mixture daily in the morning.

Lemon Juice:

Lemon juice is packed with the citric acid exfoliates and peels off the dead cell. Besides, it has deep cleansing agent and astringent to fix the wrinkles, lines and other signs of aging like dark circles. All you need to apply lemon juice on your skin 10-15 minutes followed by rinsing off with lukewarm water. Do this daily till you see improvement.

Pineapple:

Pineapple is rich in enzymes that are good for moisture, elasticity and removal of the dead skin. Plus, the fruit contains fibers, vitamins, and antioxidants to promote the skin health.

Rub pineapple flesh over your skin gently and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Thereafter, wash it with cold water. Or you can use the green pineapple juice instead. It is also useful for the dark circles around your eyes.[url]http://www.drnumb.com/blog/fix-wrinkles-naturally-home/
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |