Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
WARNING Anna Belina Organic Skincare WARNING
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
As you all know I'm on a constant quest for the absolute best organic skin-care out there. I give them all a try, and the latest line I tried called "Anna Bellina" was a real disappointment. I wanted to warn you about this line;

First, I ordered a sample of the firming serum, when I opened the box that arrived in the mail- there was no serum. I emailed Anna Bellina and she told me that I should have read the policys and that because I had not put the sample at the end of the cart contents, she did not mail it out. I thought this was a little crazy, so I went on the site and checked the fine print- sure enough it states that if you do not put samples in your cart last, she will not ship them out. Fine- weird, but fine. Now this is the bothersome part, SHE STILL CAHRGED ME FOR IT!

I emailed her again and in a friendly joking way told her that I'm Swedish, that I might not have understood this correctly and gave her the benefit of the doubt that it must have been a misstake on her behalf to charge me for an item she did not intend to send me. She wrote me back that I should get an interpreter!!! Well, let me just say that I am very friendly when I write emails (you know, good karma...) and her responses have been, to say the least, not so friendly.

Apart from the fact that this woman has no return policy, will charge you for products that she does not mail out (if you make the misstake of not putting them in the correct order in the shopping cart), has horrible customer service, is unpolite etc. let's go to the products.

I ordered the pore-minimizing line, some mineral powder, cotton swabs and the a sample I did not recieve, and payed about $117. The pore-minimizing line looked nothing like on the website. There were small plastic bottles with no labeling to differentiate them (later found it hand-written on bottom of bottle), nothing like the fancy bottles on the pictures online, no pump to dispense the serum like on the picture online, and no ingredients list, nothing. The treatment that looked like 2 bottles online, came in a small plastic jar(probably 1 oz) of powder and a 1oz plastic bottle of liquid. The serum wass a grey liquid in a 1 oz cheap plastic bottle with no pump, and the toner in a 4oz spray bottle. These 3 products for about $73! Add on the mineral powder, cotton pads and a sample- again, that I did not recieve, and there we have the worst $117 I have ever spent.

If you are into organic skincare with GOOD vibration, Evan's Garden is simular, but better. Eminence organics have great masks and cleansers. Dr. Hauschka of course and Jurlique. Sea-Chi, Shankara, Primavera, Real Purity, Aubrey organics, Terresentials etc. are also other good organic/natural lines.

It's sad when people in the holistic/organic business do bad business, it gives a bad rep for all others that try to make a difference here in the world. If you've read this warning all the way til this line, please take a moment to send some healing thoughts to Patricia- owner of Anna Bellina skincare, so that she will improve her business.

Sad Sad Sad
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that really sucks! I guess some people don't realize how it really hurts them when they do such bad business, they're just motivated by the initial greediness not realizing how much more its actually causing them. I take it this is something that has not been resolved? If it were me I would send her another email informing her that you've spread your experiences with her company. You could even send her what you've posted. Tell her if she rectifies the situation you'll update the situation, but if she doesn't MANY people are going to go on thinking she has poor business skills. At least that's what I'd do... you may just wish to let it go. If she doesn't rectify it, it's pure stupidity on her part.

Btw, your English and understanding of it seems perfect to me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Wow. I'm so sorry that you had such a bad experience. It sounds like she's out to take advantage of people.

And I agree with PheobesMeow - Your english is fine! She must be lacking some skills on her end...gesh.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I've been hearing bad things about Anna Bellina for a couple of years now from other websites. Not all were bad, but enough to make me want to stay away. Here's a thread right on EDS that may interest you.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=19372
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I was gonna order from her...... Shock
good thing i did not.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
oh, also, on top of the brands taht happyhippie mentioned, I want to add ilike. It is from the former maker of eminence. My local spa just starts carrying it. Hm... maybe it will be my next month purchase.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Wow...happyhippie I'm so sorry you had this experience! I agree with PhoebesMeow...some companies just don't get it that they are hurting themselves in the long run by being greedy and not working resolve issues like the one you had. I really hope you can get your money back or work something out with this woman...she really needs to do some damage control before even more people hear about how bad her service level is!

Hearing something like this makes me all the more grateful for companies like PSF and EDS that really know how to treat their customers!

Mary Smile
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad I prevented someone from ordering! Yes, there are way better companies out there. Thanks for all your support. I told Anna Bellina they could keep my money, that it's a gift for future improvments! I care more about ethics then about the lost money.

Thanks again girl for all your support, you make my day!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Im so sorry to hear that! I will never purchase from them, thanks for sharing your story and letting others know about their bad customer service.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
It always amazes me when you get such poor customer service like that. After all, (as my mum used to say), we, the customers, are her bread and butter. Without us she wouldn't have a wage and she should want customers to come back.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
That's incredible HappyHippy Shock . I'd also be annoyed that the product presentation was also mis-represented. By any chance did the fine print say something like "actual products not as shown" ? I'll bet not!!

Anya
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have read horror stories over the years about that company. There were products that I was interested in and did not order because of the customer service issues. I called Remergent to ask a question today and the lady that answered the phone was rude and abrupt, so I decided not to order anything. Customer service is a big thing for me.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
happyhippie, I'm so glad that you brought this company to our attention. I went to their site and checked out their policies. Customer service is definitely not their #1 priority.

http://store.annabellina.com/policies.html
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it's almost funny to read the policies... can't believe it! No return policy, but she'll mess up your credit just in case you decide to call your creditcard company to dispute her charges. What a bitter woman she must be!

lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
what a bitch!! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I love this bit...

9. Email Courtesy
It is rude to send an email without a subject in the subject line. SPAM and internet viruses are a constant threat. Emails received with [none] in the subject line are automatically spammed and deleted.

And she's talking about being rude???

Makes you want to email her just to say how rude she is and that you'd never comtemplate ordering from them!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
I love this bit...

9. Email Courtesy
It is rude to send an email without a subject in the subject line. SPAM and internet viruses are a constant threat. Emails received with [none] in the subject line are automatically spammed and deleted.

And she's talking about being rude???

Makes you want to email her just to say how rude she is and that you'd never comtemplate ordering from them!

I agree! I love the top part about getting an interpreter. I wonder if that's a responce to happyhippie directly

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
That's illegal for her to charge you for an item that she never sent or intended to send. It's called fraud and mail fraud. I would write her that.

I love #8

"* service fees ~ up to a $25.00 service fee will be charged for declined credit cards, NSF, multiple samples, not selecting a shipping option, etc., 6*+anytime we have to take time out to manually correct an order because a customer did not follow policies"

So if their customers accidently place 2 samples in their cart instead of 1 or forget the shipping option, or even if their system and servers get an error, they charge them $25! Unbelievable. $25 for each time they have do to what all companies have to do on a daily basis like customer service and corrections. I'm surprised she didn't charge you by the minute to respond to your emails. Maybe you will be receiving a bill in the mail shortly! LOL!

I never even had considered ordering from them before. First the products are deff. not vegan, they are overpriced, and I wouldn't trust products hand blended in some woman's house who I don't know. Who knows how safe they are or the sanitary conditions or quality control etc. etc.. I guess anyone can do it since it's unregulated, but I wouldn't really trust it.

You might like this organic company though. They answered my emails nicely. Horrible site though.

http://www.thevitalimage.com/SkinProd.htm

This company has most of their products too rebranded in their own packaging, but from the same manufactor.

http://www.zenbiotic.com/

The guy, Robert who runs it is very nice and patient and answered all of my dozens of questions in detail. His office is only half a mile from me and he was very nice in person too.

And of course when I can afford it I love Alkaitis.

http://www.alkaitis.com
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Check out RosaYFruta Organic Skincare - AnnaBellina pinched some of her original recipes - and was subject to legal proceedings I think.

Elizabeth who runs and owns RYF is fab - really helpful and has very high standards. Her product line isn't huge but it is VERY pure and her Ambrosia Moisturiser is the best winter moisturiser I have found. Very Happy
www.rosayfruta.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
i've always found her product descriptions & product ingredients lists sketchy...they don't really seem to match.

i agree that elizabeth from rosa y fruta is great...i've only ordered from her once, but she is very friendly and prompt with her emails.

a line that i've found recently is www.simplydivinebotanicals.com
barabara was very friendly & helpful, and when a sample was left out of my package, she was very apologetic & sought to remedy the situation immediately.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
This woman! I think she needs to be reported to the Better Business Bureau--- some of the things she's doing are just flat-out unethical!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
OMG her policies were a HOOT.

Yes, I had heard some rather horrid things about thiscompany. Fortunately when I discoveredit a couple years back I asked around here on the boards before ordering.

For good organics, have a look at The Organic Pharmacy (www.theorganicpharmacy.com/ ) as they have great customer service and great products!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Check out RosaYFruta Organic Skincare - AnnaBellina pinched some of her original recipes - and was subject to legal proceedings I think.

Elizabeth who runs and owns RYF is fab - really helpful and has very high standards. Her product line isn't huge but it is VERY pure and her Ambrosia Moisturiser is the best winter moisturiser I have found. Very Happy
www.rosayfruta.com

Ditto, Sam.... Laughing

Maria (who is channeling Patrick Swasey and Demi Moore with her response!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Report her to the BBB.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
BYRG- zenbiotic.com sounds awesome! I'm looking at the zenserum and the lift& firm treatment...wow... have you tried any of these or any of their other products? Is it less expensive ordering via thevitalimage.com?

Thanks for the tip!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |