Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Your Aspirin Mask Recipes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Okay so I'm about to start with the Aspirin Masks again. I tried them a few times about a year ago and remember sneezing. I only tried it with aloe though I think... anyway, if you do a search here for the aspirin mask its kind of a shot in the dark... so many search results come up. I'm trying to remember all the different combos out there so I can give them all a chance and settle on one that works the best for me. So far I've heard of mixing aspirin with the aloe, yogurt, honey. I remember different essential oils... tea tree in particular... I also remember one member telling us how she was using the aspirin mask, her boyfriend was using it too and his skin was the one getting all the compliments. What was his particular recipe? Geez I remember so many things about it but when I go back to find them I don't know where to look! Can I please have your particular aspirin mask recipe that works best for you? There's so many and I would greatly appreciate it.

5% products discount

Fri May 19, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
All I do is crush 3 asprin with my morter and pestle and add it to about a tablespoon of what ever yougert I have in the fridge. I works GREAT. I scrub it around on my face just a little and then let it set for about 20 minutes or so (longer if I have the time) until it dries. Then rinse with warm water. It feels marvelous. But I am sure others have great recipies too. I guess I am lazy.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
My recipe is a handful of apirin, a teaspoon of green tea, a teaspoon (maybe a little more) of cream or half and half, and a teaspoon (or so) of honey, mixed into a paste. I spread it on my face, let it dry, then as I am rinsing I do a bit of scrubbing. My husband uses this too--- it really keeps the blemishes at bay and makes your skin smooth!^-^ (FYI I've seen other recipes that include EOs--- I think it's a good idea, I just don't bother because I put on EOs after my mask.)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
So far I have just been using Aspirin with water and smearing it on my face.
What are the exact benefits of honey on your skin? Yogurt?

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I feel like I have an aversion to putting sweet sticky oily honey on my skin, it makes me feel like I'm going to break out. And yogurt, I just don't know. but I WANT to use those things because they sound good. Maybe if someone could explain to me what ingredient in honey/yogurt helps the skin?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I take a handful of asprin, warm some lemon juice to melt the asprin. Add honey, tea tree oil & my most recent addition which has helped so much with the 'flakiness' I add kaolin clay. If for myself, I use white for oily types I add green. Goes on like a real mask now & no sneezies!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
pele wrote:
Maybe if someone could explain to me what ingredient in honey/yogurt helps the skin?

Well I have used honey before in other face masks and its a wonderful moisturizer. Its a humectant so its for moisturizer. I have never broken out from honey but it IS messy. I have never tried yogurt simply because I have never had plain yogurt around. I do have a container of it right now actually for a recipe and I'm going to save a little for a mask. I just know yogurt is good for your skin I'm not sure why though, hopefully someone else can explain....
And actually, Candy, I was JUST thinking about adding some kaolin to my mask! I was trying to come up with my own aspirin mask to try and what I've been thinking is asprin with a little apple cider vinegar to liquify it and then mix it with kaolin. I haven't tried it yet but that was something that I just came up with that sounded good. I'm planning on trying as many combinations as possible though over the next couple weeks. I really need to start doing masks again. Its like when my skin is clear I really slack off on my skincare and even though its clear it still needs to be nourished and moisturized and all that so I just have to start again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Pele- I know how you feel about honey--- not only do I not like the thought of having sticky honey on my skin, I have a flat-out aversion to being sticky, period. LOL! But the weird thing is, when you mix the honey into the mask, the mask doesn't get sticky at all. And since honey is hydrophilic, I definitely feel like it helps your skin drink in moisture. (Plus it also makes my mask smell yummy^-^)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I use 3 aspirin, 2 little drops of 100% aloe vera juice (dissolving agent), pinch of brown sugar(glycolic acid), a drop of honey (binding agent),2 drops of heavy cream (lactic acid),a drop of tea tree oil. Apply to dry skin, leave on 10-15 minutes, wet fingers & massage, then rinse off. 4-5 times a week.

Once a week, I kick it up a notch to 8-10 aspirin & green tea followed by the same ingredients listed above. I think manslayerliz Question posted this!!
No sneezing here Smile Is really making a difference in my skin. No cystic acne since I began Exclamation Very Happy
dandanils

Fri May 19, 2006 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Newbie here. A silly question, what exactly does the aspirin do here? controlling pimples?
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Someone else just asked that question. I tried to answer to the best of my knowledge (and yes it is for acne.. to get rid of it or to just keep it away).. hopefully someone with a more scientific explanation can answer. Here's a link to the thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12909

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
laine wrote:
I use 3 aspirin, 2 little drops of 100% aloe vera juice (dissolving agent), pinch of brown sugar(glycolic acid), a drop of honey (binding agent),2 drops of heavy cream (lactic acid),a drop of tea tree oil. Apply to dry skin, leave on 10-15 minutes, wet fingers & massage, then rinse off. 4-5 times a week.

Hmm...I like this. Precise and I like all the ingredients. I'm going to try it this weekend after I get the stuff. Smile
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="PhoebesMeow]
Well I have used honey before in other face masks and its a wonderful moisturizer. Its a humectant so its for moisturizer. I have never broken out from honey but it IS messy.

The honey in the mask doesn't make it at all sticky, though I thought the same when I made my 1st asprin mask. It definitely helps bind the mixture a bit, is very good for your skin & it does smell good too!

I have never tried yogurt simply because I have never had plain yogurt around. I do have a container of it right now actually for a recipe and I'm going to save a little for a mask. I just know yogurt is good for your skin I'm not sure why though, hopefully someone else can explain....

I haven't used the yogurt for the same reasons, I never have any in the house! What it does though is add latic acid (I think this is the correct acid) which is used (in higher concentrations) for skin peels. I now make my own pumpkin mask, so I really don't have the need to make this addition to my mask

And actually, Candy, I was JUST thinking about adding some kaolin to my mask! I was trying to come up with my own aspirin mask to try and what I've been thinking is asprin with a little apple cider vinegar to liquify it and then mix it with kaolin. I haven't tried it yet but that was something that I just came up with that sounded good. I'm planning on trying as many combinations as possible though over the next couple weeks. I really need to start doing masks again. Its like when my skin is clear I really slack off on my skincare and even though its clear it still needs to be nourished and moisturized and all that so I just have to start again.[/quote]

The addition of the clay to the mask has been exactly what it needed, in my opinion. It really goes on like any other mask now. Down side - it's creating a new purge for me! I'm pretty lucky in that I really don't get blemishes often (that others can notice anyway, the only upside to having dry skin I think). So now with this new addition it's been amazing me what it's been bringing to the surface.

I'm much the same. When my skin is looking good I tend to slack off on my 'treatments'. My male partner is the 1 who asked about putting something in the mask so it doesn't flake off all over his sheets while he's wearing the mask, lol. Now there's a vision I didn't need Rolling Eyes . I had the white kaolin that I use to make my bath bombs, and I had bought some green clay months ago just because it was there, but never used it. So it worked out perfectly. Now I have the green and white, rose & pink (yes, they are different, albeit subtle). When I make the mask for someone and don't know their skin type I add the pink or rose clay. Rave reviews all around.

ACV - I bet this would be a great addition, but not for me, I just can't stand the smell and always crave boiled eggs after I do smell it. Curious as to how it works, so keep us posted!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
4-5 asprin crushed in mortar and pestle
2-3 drops water (enough to make into paste)
1-1.5 tsp honey
0.5 tsp pure aloe vera gel

-remove makeup (or not if it's in the AM)
-apply to face
-leave on for ~15-20 min sometimes 30
-rinse while gently massaging skin
-cleanse with homemade DHCC

*quick reminder to those unfamiliar with this DIY mask- make sure you use uncoated aspirin!

dandanils wrote:
Newbie here. A silly question, what exactly does the aspirin do here? controlling pimples?

Aspirin, AKA acetylsalicylic acid, has a structure similar to salicylic acid. Using aspirin is very economical if salicylic acid treatment is desired. I have found it to be very gentle (as opposed to OTC cleansers and masks containing salicylic acid) as well as very effective.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I made up an aspirin mask for the first time in ages before I went out last night. It was the first time I did it that didn't cause sneezes! I took about 5 uncoated aspirin, put them in a bowl, poured on some of my ACV toner (which aside from the obvious ingredients also includes: Lemon oil, ylang ylang, tea tree oil, and a little bit of grapefruit seed extract), then I sprinkled on some white kaolin powder and a blob of honey. I mixed it all together and let it sit for about a half hour. It never really dried like a conventional mask but it didn't flake off. I have VERY sensitive eyes and for some reason in the beginning of the mask they were watering but it stopped after about five minutes. When I rinsed my skin looked fabulous, pores looked smaller and the tone was great. It wasn't my ultimate face mask though so I'm going to keep experimenting.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
The last time I made an aspirin mask I added a bit of coccoa to the mix (instead of clay).

I figure, it's supposed to have good stuff, plus there's the caffeine Smile

It was nice, went on like a normal mask and I haven't noticed any significant difference, but I've only tried it the once.

plus it smelled SO good.
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try adding lactic acid in my aspirin mask. Would full cream sour cream work?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
svunt1 wrote:
I want to try adding lactic acid in my aspirin mask. Would full cream sour cream work?

I have never tried sour cream so I googled it and found quite a few DIY face masks that include sour cream. So I would say that it would be a great additive to the aspirin mask. Especially full fat sour cream! Sour cream is a really good source of lactic acid so that should be a great mask. Unfortunately I only get fat free sour cream, which probably isn't even worth adding to the mask.. you'll have to let me know how it works!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 5:06 am      Reply with quote
svunt1 wrote:

Full cream, regular milk, yoghurt... anything plain will do. Personaly I like yoghurt and full cream, makes my skin super soft and happy...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Update: while I still recommend the original "manslayerliz" formula for general skin maintenance and improving skin texture and tone, the other day I woke up with a couple of pretty angry blemishes, and I knew I had to kick things up a notch. SO, I mixed aspirin, hot water, green tea powder (I used powdered sencha, tho matcha would work too), and a little bit of honey, and I just dabbed it on the break outs and let it dry. Well, the inflammation subsided and the blemishes got smaller all throughout the day. (Though to give credit where credit is due, I also followed up my mask with a heavy dose of Juice Beauty Blemish Serum...) So, I would definitely recommend this version of the mask as a spot treatment if you are experiencing serious skin issues.

On a somewhat related note, I've noticed I get a much more even application of the aspirin mask when I apply it with a foundation brush.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I have the blemish serum right now so I could try this on my underground cyst!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Tidieu, you poor dear! Have you tried any kind of sulfur cream/mask? That will sometimes take the wind out of those suckers...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I just posted this in another thread, but wanted to bump this recent Asprin Mask recipe thread up for new members!

Here's Mine:

3-4 aspirin
1 tsp yogurt
1 tsp honey
2 drops lavender essential oil
2 drops calendula extract
enough kaolin clay to make a paste

The yogurt and honey seem to prevent the dryness I would experience from just using straight aspirin and water or aloe. The lavender and calendula are not a necessity but help to prevent redness, as they are both calming. Lavender is also mildy antiseptic, and calendula promotes healing properties. The kaolin is a very mild clay that I do not find to be drying, and it helps everything else seem to stick together.

I have also tried just combining some dissolved aspirin with Burts Bees Orange Essence Cleanser with good results...I don't recommend this for sensitive skin though, it seems to almost act as a very mild peel!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to give an update--- if I'm having a particularly bad skin day, I'll turbo-charge my mask with a few drops of Juice Beauty Blemish Serum. Seems to really give the mask a boost!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Manslayerliz...you're Killing me with the many uses of Juice Beauty Blemish Serum! Smile Especially since I have seen that the JB Green Apple Peel is so effective, it makes me want to buy more of their products. And I had just told myself that my skin is in too good of shape to justify new expenses. I would love to be able to formulate DIY versions of their products!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Olyn--- I know just how you feel. I would looooove to get my hands on the DIY Juice Beauty recipes---save myself some major $$, LOL.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |