Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
::REVIEW:: Dermalogica Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 3:56 am      Reply with quote
seno wrote:
Has anyone used all 3 of there eye creams or at least one? Could you tell me your eye contour condition and that the creams did/didn't for you?

I received my exfoliating kit (daily microexfoliant, gentle cream exfoliant & 7 daily resurfacers) , active moist, multi-active toner and hydrating masque 2 days ago.. will let you know about my results.

I have been using a full size of Multi-Vitamin Power Firm and generous samples of the two other Dermalogica eye creams.

Dermalogica Total Eye Care is for day time use. It has a slightly pink colour, optical light diffusers (a very discrete shimmer) and physical ss. I cannot judge for its effectiveness long term, but I believe there are better eye creams out there.

Dermalogica Intensive Eye Repair is a rich cream best suited for more mature skin or for those with very dry skin in the eye area. I might be more or less mature, but this is too rich for my needs.

Dermalogica Multi-Vitamin Power Firm is my favorite of the three. It's a thick silicone based gel-cream that feels light and nice. I believe in topical vitamins for antioxidant properties and would recommend this one unless you cannot tolerate silicone. Thicker creams may be too rich on young skin and weigh down the delicate skin around the eyes.

HTH.Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Before I found this forum, I used Dermalogica pretty much exclusively (I only recently stopped having Dermalogica facials as I don't want to mix my products).

My skin concerns are hormonal acne (chin), occasional under-eye circles and puffyness (not genetic), anti-aging (no wrinkles yet, but loss of 'glow' and some hyperpigmentation) and preventing further aging. After buying nearly every product in the range, these were my staples:-

Anti-Bac Cleanser - I know Essential Cleansing is the more popular, but this was a good a.m. cleanser for me. Only a small amount was needed, and it was not at all drying.

Daily Microexfoliant - This is probably their 'star' product, and with good reason. I love it.

Oil Control Lotion - A light moisturiser. Goes on well under makeup, but certainly didn't help control my t-zone.

Medicated Clearing Gel - Gentle but effective. Never over-dried or, worse, 'burned' effected areas - and was particularly good on my nose at preventing blackheads (though it never kept hormonal chin break-outs under control).

Multivitamin Power Firm - the only Dermalogica product for eyes that I really like, and I *really* like it!

Multivitamin Power Concentrate Capsules - Whenever I use this under my eyes (which tolerate it well)I notice a difference. Expensive product, but easy to get samples - and each capsule lasts three days if used sparingly and stored carefully.

I've tried almost all of the masks and I too liked the Anti-Bac for my chin, which they no longer make. Multivitamin Power Recovery is good, but my favourite is their Skin Hydrating mask - I like it because it is a gel that can be used under the eyes and the more sensitive, thinner-skinned decollete area.

None of the 'brightening' products did anything to help my hyperpigmentation and I would not recommend them.

I am a big fan of the Dermalogica line, and it has served me well - and although I'll continue with a couple of their products, I was ready for a line with a bit more oomph.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
would you use the Daily Microexfoliant daily?though it is gentle, sometimes i think it is too much for the skin~ dermalogica for skin care is good for me...but for hair...i would not recommend as well
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
masaholly wrote:
would you use the Daily Microexfoliant daily?though it is gentle, sometimes i think it is too much for the skin~ dermalogica for skin care is good for me...but for hair...i would not recommend as well

No, I wouldn't recommend to use it that often. I think for most skin using it 2-3 times a week would be best (that's assuming no other exfoliation product is being used in addition to the microfoliant).
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 8:35 am      Reply with quote
now i just use it 1 to 2 times per week~
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
masaholly wrote:
now i just use it 1 to 2 times per week~

That's probably best, it's good to be on the safe side, and this way your microfoliant will also last forever! Very Happy
Lindapinda
5% products discount

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:40 am      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
I forgot about the Multivitamin Hand & Nail Treatment SPF15. I have been using this as well and I do like this. It makes my hands feel really soft and I like that it has the SPF.

I just used the Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque again this morning and I do like it ... but it's hard to see if it's really making a difference in skin (since I only use it once a week). I do really love the smell though ... smells like oranges to me. Yummmm!

Hi Moonstarr,

I bought the Multivitamin Hand and nail treatment a year ago, but nowhere on the tube or outer packaging did it say SPF 15. I purchased it because of the SPF as it stated so on EDS. When I then checked the Dermalogica web site, I could not find anywhere it said it had sun factor in it.. Never-the-less, it is pretty good as you say Smile

Did it really say SPF 15 on yours?

EDS never got back to me on this when I enquired about it.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Re the multi-vitamin hand and nail treatment -

I know that the formulation of this cream was changed one or two years ago. It might have been that the old formulation did not contain sun screen. The new formulation certainly does. This is a very good hand cream!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I find the Active Moist rather greasy and the smell is just awful...
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the fantastic input. I am so eager to try Microfoliant after reading so many positive reviews on it. Very Happy
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Just snagged some samples of that microfoliant after reading about it here! Very Happy When the samples arrive, I'll try it out and report back.

Tried some Active Moist last week. It does have an herbal, quasi-medicinal smell at first, but the scent seemed to fade quickly and I actually really liked how it felt on my skin, and how my skin looked and felt (sans makeup) hours later. I have mostly normal skin with oily t-zone (and occasional sensitivity to products); Active Moist didn't seem to bother it, or make it oily.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:51 am      Reply with quote
LizaA wrote:
Dermalogica is okay but the only products I repurchase are Microfoliant and Special Cleansing Gel. But I have discovered better versions of Microfoliants. I noticed that in Korea and Japan enzyme cleansing powders are pretty popular and prevalent in most brands so I bought myself Dr. Jart Enzyme Cleansing Powder and KAnebo Silk Peeling Powder and I am loving these way more than Microfoliant. They're less drying and skin feels much softer and silkier as a result. Smile

Where did you find Dr. jart Enzyme cleansing powder and Kanebo silk peeling powder??

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:04 am      Reply with quote
caboodle wrote:
Just snagged some samples of that microfoliant after reading about it here! Very Happy When the samples arrive, I'll try it out and report back.

Now using the Daily Microfoliant 2 to 3 times a week. I like the ingredients—it lightens and evens out my complexion without drying, leaves it silky smooth and seems to help clean out pores and prevent blackheads for me.
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am using:

-Special Cleansing Gel
-Multi-Active Toner
-Active Moist
-Daily Microfoliant
-Skin Hydrating Masque
-MultiVitamin Power Recovery Masque
-Intensive Eye Repair

Basically everything from Dermalogica. They are OKAY products, but not outstanding. So far, no complain... but none of them really improve my skin.
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, forgot to add 1 more comment. The Active Moist has an okay texture, but it STINKS!!!
honbbb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
if u find urself allergic to any kind of "unnatural" fragant, Dermalogica is definitely your first choice. After using the Gentle soothing booster, all the redness were gone!
nha_fiz
5% products discount

Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
for me the normal to oily skin reaaly made such a difference..my skin not really too oily and shining not..i have more control over my skin

5% products discount

Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
i think mircofoliant cannot be used daily. It dries out your skin and makes it patchy. I tried alternating it and fancl's face washing powder. Fancl is cool!
jenny55w

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
honbbb wrote:
if u find urself allergic to any kind of "unnatural" fragant, Dermalogica is definitely your first choice. After using the Gentle soothing booster, all the redness were gone!

I love that idea. I always prefer products with NO fragrance or very little fragrance. But it seems that most companies still insist on adding fragrance. I would prefer something to smell slightly bad rather than fake flowery. Maybe that's just me.
jenny55w

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, forgot to add my comments on Dermatologica (that's hard to spell!). I have used a couple of their products over the years but not had much luck. Usually too oily/greasy feeling for me, but from what I read above, some of their products are not like that. I guess it depends on which specific product. Thanks for the info all.
foxylady

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
fang wrote:
anyone have try the brighting system?i am looking forward to order it,but would like to read some review before my $$ gone:)

I tried the brightening system for about 6 weeks – and while it made my skin feel nice and it brightened my complexion with the shimmer – in the end, I didn’t really notice a big difference. I really feel without the Hydroquinone or Retinol A – you don’t get good results in lessening the melatonin significantly. The best thing about dermalogica is their packaging... oh and I do like the microderm pads...
For making up for all those years in the sun - I am currently using Retisola-A Tretinion cream and I love it – even though my skin is dry, dry DRY – I can see that it is working – so dry skin be dammed!
Very Happy
carrymelikewater
5% products discount

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Hey! I've just received my package a while back and I love EDS efficiency and the generous free samples that they include. Anyway, I ordered Dermalogica for the first time through EDS and it didn't disappoint me at all. I bought Precleanser, Special Cleansing Gel and Dermal Clay Cleanser.

Precleanser - Very effective in removing sebum, dissolving plugs, smells really good too.

Special Cleansing Gel - I use this as a follow up to Precleanser, or just alone on its own. My skin feels very clean, tight and taut after using it. Nice.

Dermal Clay Cleanser - I use this in the morning because I love the minty cool feeling it leaves on my skin for a good perk me up

MY next purchase will definitely include Daily Microfoliant.
honbbb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:38 am      Reply with quote
I"ve used the entire tube of the skin hydrating mask, but I don't think it works at all! I'll aim to try those boosters out
monchan
5% products discount

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your wonderful review.
pinkpony
5% products discount

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I need an eye cream badly as my current Clarins one issnt helping me much. I would want to try this "Dermalogica MultiVitamin Power Firm for Eyes & Lips" after reading all the raves!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |