Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

It amazes me thousands of $$$ later and skincare products...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
My skin still LOVES $$$La Mer$$. I have used soo many products, serums, antioxidants etc.etc and currently my face is breaking out from some active I bought so I have been using La Mer, but this ALWAYS clears my face and brings it back to normal. I also use Avene Ystheal gel, green cream, retin a micro, etc. but for whatever reason La Mer all by itself makes my skin looks it best, go figure?? I always joked that after all these years of being a guinea pig of products I would return to La Mer. As expensive as it is, if I had just stuck with IT these past years and not bought EVERYthing else I would have actually saved money!LOL I will use my stash of skincare up but I still suspect I will end up with just La Mer! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats on finding something you're really happy with! I had tried La Mer a few years back (the cream and the serum). I found the cream was too rich for my skin though. I think I might have used up the serum, but I don't remember having any spectacular results that would have encouraged me to buy it again. I agree with you though ... if you find something you like even if it's expensive ... much better to stick with that and not have to buy all the other things that probably added up to that amount and more.

When I think of how much I've spent on skin care in the past ... on things that I would try for a few weeks, then toss aside to buy something else, because nothing every really worked great. It would be a fortune!! I bought a lot of Dermalogica products recently that added up to alot, but I know I'll use them up because they work, and they will last a long time. So really, it's a bargain! Very Happy
Bethc
5% products discount

Sun May 21, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
To me its an ordinary cream. I've tried samples and it does the same thing that every moisturizer I've used does. Moisturizes my skin and thats that. I think its outrageously expensive but I'm glad it works for you. Estee Lauder in general doesn't appeal to me.
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
What specific La Mer item are you referring to, and what type of skin do you have? (After your glowing review, I'm thinking of trying it out if it's for my type of skin!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
La Mer creme works for me, wish something cheaper did, but this dang creme likes my skin. It gets 50/50 reviews, one either loves it or doesn't care for it at. In the past 4 yrs if my skin acts up, breaks out, gets rashes, no matter what, La Mer clears it up. I don't use it on a regular basis (due to price) but I can count on it every time to get my skin back to normal. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is dry/dehydrated but does breakout and La Mer clears it overnight. I will still keep trying other creams out but, after 4 yrs I can still count on La Mer to clear my skin right UP overnight! That is what sold me on it! I got a sample and said NO WAY am I spending that kind of $$$$ and my face was dry w/breakouts that day, so used it at night and my face was amazing the next day and went and bought it! YEP, sucker Wink but really, I was that impressed! I wish my skin loved a drugstore cream and I keep trying them but nooo luck! I even bought a kit at SkinActives.com, the la mer kit, but NOT the same!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. on the La Mer Creme, Sassyred. I wasn't familiar with this product (as with so many of the products I'm learning about on the EDS Forum). I googled it, and was amused that the company calls it a "Miracle Broth". I guess for you, it truly is. I'll try a sample if I can get my hands on one sometime.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I also use La Mer on and off, but have noticed that if I use it more than a couple of days my skin becomes dehydrated. I love it when I take a break for awhile and then start to use it again, but to use it everyday my skin does not like it.
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sassyred: Are you living in USA or Canada? Do you use La Mer line the whole year round or just in the winter? I'm living in Canada and my skin is dry in winter while quite normal in summer (sometimes breaks out). I really would like to try out La Mer but it seems to be a big investment...I think I should be more cautious before taking action. Have you tried Valmont? If yes, how do you compare them? (hehe...So Many questions for you...TIA)
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Creme de La Mer for years and love it. Its given me a smooth, glowing complexion and warded off those damned wrinkles. HOWEVER, one area I found it lacking in was "firming" and for the past several months I've been using JB thanks to this forum Very Happy JB products have filled (for me) the gap that LM didn't, but I absolutely agree with Sassyred, its a great product and worth every penny (especially if you're young enough to not need "firming" Razz )

Anya
Mabsy

Sun May 21, 2006 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
I also use La Mer on and off, but have noticed that if I use it more than a couple of days my skin becomes dehydrated. I love it when I take a break for awhile and then start to use it again, but to use it everyday my skin does not like it.

I noticed that when I use this for longer my skin simply becomes used to it and it doesn't do much for me. Meanwhile, if my skin is really stressed out the CDLM does help.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
CDLM always helps out when I have over treated my skin and I do have that miracle glow for a couple of days after using it. I have a full size jar on hand for those occasions. Unfortunately, I get a gazillion blackheads if I use it too much.

I get that same glow from using Olay Total Effects 7X Visible Anti-Aging Vitamin Complex but as with everything else, the visible effects (glow) seem to stop after awhile, like my has maxed on the vitamins.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Maybe if I used it all the time I would not love it? and that is why I use to straigthen my skin out Wink I do have of the Olays TE in the closet (small stash in closet to try)

Ocha-I live in San Diego,CA and don't even use La Mer daily! mostly when my skin is sensitive, red, breaking out etc. it brings it back to normal. I always recommend a sample first especially for the price. You can buy on Ebay. Never heard of Valmont? Canadian brand? what is it like? what do you like about it? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
For me CDLM is for emergency uses only. I do have dry skin but find everyday use of La Mer to cause milia and some clogged pores. However this last winter we had a period of cold dry days and my cheeks were red, peeling and chapped. I applied the CDLM at night and the skin instantly felt soothed and looked better in the morning. After a few days, all was back to normal and even though I kept up the CDLM the "magic" was gone so I returned to my normal moisturisers. Fortunately using it this way, a little tub lasts a long, long time. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |