Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

women's facial shaving
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:27 am      Reply with quote
I have shaved after reading this thread and my skin was really smooth my foundation seemed to just be sliding across my face.
I have always plucked the hairs around my upper lip area but I think this has led to the area having darker spots where I haven't used sunscreen and the skin has been exposed.
I think it may be a reason why mens skin doesn't seem to age as much as womens (of course hormones must be the main factor).
I am still wary of shaving my forehead and nose though
kaya_anna

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Ah see...it really is different for everybody.

I have naturally tanned skin and dark brown hair..I think I shaved my upper lip when i was like 15. The worst idea ever, I can't even remember if i had much lip hair at the time, but it definitely grew back coarser for me.

Its quite soft, but I get kinda dark hair there now which I usually just puck, bleaching makes it more obvious when you put foundation on. Never really done waxing.

and the hair removal creams make it very smooth but makes it too obvious that you've done one patch on your face, as my face has small downy blonde hairs.

Tweezing hurts like a ******* but its the way i've always done it.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm still tweezing my upper lip only round the edges and find it quite painless now, but the bit in the middle is a no go for me very painful.
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Never ever shave! I know tweezing hurts like hell but it's worth it. I do it over a period of a few days then it's not so bad.
jiawen xu
5% products discount

Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
shaving will make your hair grow more and more coarse...suffered from that before
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:22 am      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
I would never do it, they will grow very hairy after u shave it...

sometimes yes, right, but what about it is always noticable...so sad!~
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:48 am      Reply with quote
should shave or not?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought some deal on Teambuy a few weeks ago for a product called the QStick.
It is so you can do your own facial threading at home.

From looking at the videos I saw online, I thought it would be hard to use and that it might not work well.
But I am surprized it works so well.
I kind of doubt I will be buying wax strips as this QStick seems a bit easier on my skin.

It does not really work for eyebrows though.

I just got the 2 I ordered in the mail today (they are shipped from Canada).
The Teambuy deal was 2 for $16 w shipping-I have seen this deal on quite a few deal sites in the past few months,so hopefully it comes back for anyone who wants it.

My thoughts on the stick, it kind of looks flimsy in person and the colored tips on the end of the spring are a hard plastic.
I expected the ends to be a come comfortable rubber to hold-not a huge issue though.
The spring is easy to bend and it seems like using tons of small tweezers at once.

The length of the stick is longer than I expected-I'll go measure it now:

It is 8" long from one plastic end to the other.
The handle part on each end is- 2"
The spring is 1/4" diameter
The actual spring part you bend is 4" (metal part only).

Looking at the videos online the whole "rolling on your face" thing confused me.
But after a minute of trying, it was very easy to use.
You have the bend the stick like a upside down U to make a loop to rub on your face.

The site I ordered from and what is on the packaging is:
www.tazlinc.com

It does not say where this item is made on the packaging, but the handle says "Morvarid" on it. kind of expected it to say "QStick" and not this??
I hope this product will be somewhat durable, the spring is quite easy to bend and I have only had this item since today.

*My main readon for getting this was to get rid of some fine hair I was waxing before,and it seems to work well for that so far!

Has anyone else tried this product/item?
I've seen some other versions online on other sites that were cheaper and more expensive.
Not sure if there is a better or worse brand as I have only tried this one.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
The site I ordered from and what is on the packaging is:
www.tazlinc.com

Can't see anything

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I just realized that.
I thought the site was down for maintenance, but I will quickly try and find another link.

or else maybe look under self threading, threading stick...

http://originalqstick.com/home.html
carara69

Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:03 am      Reply with quote
dont do it. i shaved my upper lip a few times when in a rush.. and its the biggest mistake i have ever made Sad
sindian1

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:51 am      Reply with quote
i get dark black corse/smooth hair on my chin neck i also have a little mustache going i used to just leave and wax every month but thats expensive so i have a little trimmer for my mustache and used to use it for my chin and neck however shaving is much easier and faster however once you start you cant go back my hair grows very fast i do it every morning and by bed time its already prickly sometimes you can breakout i just get little bumps but nothing big i actually havent gone waxing in a while i am actually allergic to the wax some places use and they cause me to severley break out like you can directly see where they waxed even my eyebrows not good so i just shave its so much easier

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawashopper, I just got one of those springy things off e-bay for a dollar or two. I LOVE IT! It's super easy to use, and kind of... enjoyable, actually.

I've seen them in dollar stores here in Vancouver as well. It also goes under the name my spring it. There are loads of youtube videos showing you how to use it.

Its easiest to use if you just bend it into the inverted u shape, place it against the skin and roll, kinda opening it at the same time.

Piece of cake! Its hard to be precise, but good for the cheeks and upper lip. Worth it!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
snowtopia
5% products discount

Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:03 am      Reply with quote
hi all,

I have been shaving my face for two months now. i wanted to give it a long enough trial before sharing my results. I used those little straight razors at sasa dot com. I did a trial patch on one side of my ear and was happy enough to proceed with my whole face. I shaved it once a week for eight weeks, and I love it. My facial hair was mainly white (few dark on upper lip), and downy. Since shaving, my skin is smoother (obviously), makeup goes on smoother and I think product penetration has improved.

Of course, everyone's experience will be different, but I'm sold on it, and will continue.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I was just curious if you had tried waxing? It stays smooth for alot longer than shaving. I've been doing it myself for years. That way you don't have the maintenance, stubble or irritation you get with shaving.
snowtopia
5% products discount

Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ollie,

Yes, I tried waxing - not a fan. It irritated my skin, causing little red bumps. It also didn't give me that super exfoliation that shaving has. Of course, each to their own Smile
LoobyLou76

Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi all.
This is my very first post here after lurking for a while. I'm 38 years old and from Scotland, UK. By way of a history, I've been using Retin A for the past 6 months or so and have noticed a definite and worrying increase in facial hair. I've seen this mentioned on quite a few other sites so I know its not just my imagination. Now, the hair is fine and blonde, vellus hair. Just MUCH more of it and in places I never had it before. It's got to the point where it is noticeable to me in the mirror when the light is shining at an angle across my face.
I've tried threading the hair off on my own (after watching a YouTube clip on how to do it) but find it really awkward to get to the right bits. I've bought hair removal cream but so far have not used it due to fear!
Last week I read this forum and decided to take the plunge and shave the bits that were bothering me the most (jawline, sideburns, and outer corners of top lip). They do feel slightly stubbly now, but I can't see anything. The slightly prickly feeling is worrying me! Also, I cut my bottom lip on the razor which bled ridiculously heavily!
I guess I just need some support from the ladies who shave their faces that I am not going to wake up with a beard! Realistically, I KNOW that you cannot change vellus hair to terminal hair by simply removing it. (But I did see a post by some doctor saying that you can increase blood flow to the area which in turn can change the hairs by making them stronger and thicker? So to me this seems very contradictory!) I know that the few hairs I have on my chest between my boobs (sorry) that I pluck occasionally have become very very dark and thick over the years,(not my imagination, when laid out beside a normal hair they are about 4 or 5 times thicker) but I hope this is not due to me removing them constantly and probably would have happened eventually anyway. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 10 years ago but hair/excess hair was never one of my symptoms and even to this day, I have no issues apart from the few stubborn chest intruders and now this new issue with facial vellus hair.
Do you think it is a good idea to shave? I have also bought a ladies facial 'trimmer' - do any of you use those?

Thanks for any input ladies.
Louise
snowtopia
5% products discount

Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Louise,

I shave my face, but I don't have PCOS, so I'm not sure that sharing my experiences will be helpful to you. My sister has PCOS, and just in the last year or so she has experienced the darkening facial hair. She has greatly reduced the symptoms by drinking a 1L spearmint tea per day, taking 5mls of liquid iodine (Lugols) and rubbing magnesium oil into her skin. She is not a doctor, and neither am I, so take all of this as you will. It has, however worked really well for her. Good luck with it all, hope you find something that works great for you, and happy to answer any facial shaving questions if you still want advice Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |