Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

A Rave for Candessence Products!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
roadbee wrote:
My life is probably very sheltered. On Candy's website, under fragrance oils, desserts & fruit mixes, there is a 'fragrance' called Monkey Farts Eh?
Not being often in the proximity of monkeys, what is this?? Is it describable?

Laughing Well - Winnie could also describe it for you as I made a bubble bath for her gransons with it.

It's a fun, fresh, fruity scent. Mango, pineapple & banana (I think). Basically, what you would think a monkey would eat, thus ummm 'expel'... Embarassed Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, the link to the monkey video is just as entertaining as the scent name. Now that I know its description, Monkey Farts is so much more fun. Love it!
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the "Best of Candessence" and I am definitely in love with all the products, but especially the 'body butter'. The scent (and moisture) lasts and lasts!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Olyn wrote:
I ordered the "Best of Candessence" and I am definitely in love with all the products, but especially the 'body butter'. The scent (and moisture) lasts and lasts!

Oh good!! You got it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
roadbee wrote:
My life is probably very sheltered. On Candy's website, under fragrance oils, desserts & fruit mixes, there is a 'fragrance' called Monkey Farts Eh?
Not being often in the proximity of monkeys, what is this?? Is it describable?

Laughing Well - Winnie could also describe it for you as I made a bubble bath for her gransons with it.

It's a fun, fresh, fruity scent. Mango, pineapple & banana (I think). Basically, what you would think a monkey would eat, thus ummm 'expel'... Embarassed Laughing

My Grandson's LOVE Monkey Farts. Laughing They not only love the name they really like the smell. To me it smells like a tropical drink. I got my daughter a lovely gift basket from Candy. My Grandson's are three and four years old and they want Mommy's bath products too. I think because I chose my daughter's scents in peach that they are very appealing to her boys. My daughter loves everything she got. I really can't rave enough about these products.
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing All I can say is I can't wait to experience my first original Monkey Fart!
Hope
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
My turn to add to the raves. Just got my "Best of Candessence" order and all the products live up to their hype. Everything arrived here in Texas warm but unmelted, since Candy thoughtfully put a freeze pak in the box.

I'll ditto what everyone else has said about the hand lotion - great stuff! The body butter is divine and I LOVE the chocolate fragrance! Smells just like a fudge brownie fresh from the oven. Normally, I don't care for chocolate scents because most of them smell weird and not really chocolate-y to me, but this smells good enough to eat (my dogs think so too - they keep licking my legs!)

Oh, and the kitchen soap really does get rid of odors on your hands. I chopped a lot of garlic today and the soap neutralized the smell immediately.

Overall, A++ products with personalized service and prices that can't be beat. I'm hooked!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
the freezie blocks worked!

you ultra-hot weathered gals are gonna be the death of me! Trying to get everything there & not a box of mush...

Hope, thank you for the review - I'm so happy you like everything!

Candy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
My Candessence goodies arrived this morning! Hurray! Very Happy

I ordered the Body Butter in both German Chocolate and Fudge Brownie. The Body Butter's really thick, but warms up very quickly on your skin so it's easy to spread. A little goes a long way, even on my dry skin. I'm saving the Fudge Brownie until later, but the German Chocolate smells absolutely lovely - not a horribly overpowering scent, but a gorgeous, comforting one. My skin's still feeling soft and moisturised hours later.

Candy also very kindly sent me some of her Chocolate Lip Balm. Oh, the smell! If you're serious about your chocolate, then you absolutely must buy one of these. I was actually drooling when the scent hit me! Leaves your lips beautifully soft too.

Finally, I had to find out for myself what all the fuss was about the Encore Handcream. As I told Candy, I have difficulty in finding handcreams that are suitable for my very dry skin. Brands that others swear by often do nothing at all for me.

Well, I now confirm that you can believe the hype - this stuff is really, really good! It will be a perfect on-the-go handcream for me as it truly does sink in wonderfully, leaving my hands looking and feeling soft and smooth. I'd also recommend the Butter Nut scent - a buttery almond that smells good enough to eat.

I'll definitely be back for more when this lot's finished.

I particularly want to try the No More Stinky Toes and the Bath Melts. I'll be very happy to re-purchase all of the items I bought on this first occasion too.

Thank you, Candy! Very Happy
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've never been able to apply lotion to my, out of the shower shaved legs, without having to reapply later. With the Candessence Body Butter, it keeps my dry legs, from getting the ashy, alligator look, until the next bath. No second application... got to be a time and money saver there. Awesome product Candy, thanks!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:13 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
My Candessence goodies arrived this morning! Hurray! Very Happy

I ordered the Body Butter in both German Chocolate and Fudge Brownie. The Body Butter's really thick, but warms up very quickly on your skin so it's easy to spread. A little goes a long way, even on my dry skin. I'm saving the Fudge Brownie until later, but the German Chocolate smells absolutely lovely - not a horribly overpowering scent, but a gorgeous, comforting one. My skin's still feeling soft and moisturised hours later.

Candy also very kindly sent me some of her Chocolate Lip Balm. Oh, the smell! If you're serious about your chocolate, then you absolutely must buy one of these. I was actually drooling when the scent hit me! Leaves your lips beautifully soft too.

Finally, I had to find out for myself what all the fuss was about the Encore Handcream. As I told Candy, I have difficulty in finding handcreams that are suitable for my very dry skin. Brands that others swear by often do nothing at all for me.

Well, I now confirm that you can believe the hype - this stuff is really, really good! It will be a perfect on-the-go handcream for me as it truly does sink in wonderfully, leaving my hands looking and feeling soft and smooth. I'd also recommend the Butter Nut scent - a buttery almond that smells good enough to eat.

I'll definitely be back for more when this lot's finished.

I particularly want to try the No More Stinky Toes and the Bath Melts. I'll be very happy to re-purchase all of the items I bought on this first occasion too.

Thank you, Candy! Very Happy

and all I can say is I TOLD YOU SO!!! Wink Laughing Laughing

I am SO pleased, tickled and happy that you love Candys fab creams too MajorB!

Now we just need some more of us to join the band of Candessence ravers so you too can have the best creams on the market smoothing your dry tired body, and so Candy actually can make some sort of profit on her long hours in the kitchen putting so much love and care into her handicraft!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:17 am      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:
I've never been able to apply lotion to my, out of the shower shaved legs, without having to reapply later. With the Candessence Body Butter, it keeps my dry legs, from getting the ashy, alligator look, until the next bath. No second application... got to be a time and money saver there. Awesome product Candy, thanks!

what yummy scent did you get DebbieD? and I know exactley what you mean about the Never Ending Moisture Body Butter...dehydrated itchy legs are a memory of the past Very Happy YAY!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I really like the body butter. I use it at night on my legs and over my actives on my hands and they are so soft in the morning. I also took the sample size from the trial pack into work (it is the chocolaty one) and someone said I smelled like a Ben and Jerry's Cherry garcia Ice Cream bar (that is my fav ice cream).
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Oh my goodness, I knew going to the site would be dangerous! And now I am confronted with all of these scent choices, I am so indecisive! I want to sniff everything. Laughing Has anyone tried the vanilla butter creme? That is sounding seriously tempting. And how is a girl to pick between chocolate, german chocolate, and fudge brownie?!
Oh, and the rain scents! I'm thinking those would be great for the hand cream and the bath drop ins. Oh, the choices!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I know! It would have taken me hours to decide - if I hadn't been such a chocolate fantatic. Laughing

I've tried and loved the Butter Nut, so I'm pretty sure the Vanilla Butter Creme will be completely gorgeous. (Must try that next time myself.)
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Nymue wrote:
Oh my goodness, I knew going to the site would be dangerous! And now I am confronted with all of these scent choices, I am so indecisive! I want to sniff everything. Laughing Has anyone tried the vanilla butter creme? That is sounding seriously tempting. And how is a girl to pick between chocolate, german chocolate, and fudge brownie?!
Oh, and the rain scents! I'm thinking those would be great for the hand cream and the bath drop ins. Oh, the choices!!

The Vanilla Butter creme smells delicious - I had some in the Encore while at court 1 day. The States Attorney walked in and said 'Oh - who brought cupcakes!' (I didn't have the heart to tell her & her tummy it was my handcream Laughing )

The rain scents in my opinion are excellent candle scents, though I have skin safe Rain also. A bit heavy though nicely scented, on the sweet side I'd say. Would be good for the bath melts too!

Ummm, on the chocolate scents, should I not tell you then I just got a Milk Chocolate scent? Wink Also have a Chocolate Espresso....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:

Thanks Deb! I'm so pleased you are happy with everything.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Now it's my turn : just received Candy's neat little package. it's especially nice because i'm at home sick in my bed (with something called "sinusitis"). everything arrived in a perfect condition - nothing was melted, despite the tropical temperatures we have here in Vienna these days (it was only possible because Candy packed every single piece so nice & carefully!). i'm already amazed with the hand cream, which i of course put on immedietely. and looking forward to my bath melt - right the first feverless day will take a bath (also many thanks for the candle...).
Those products are made with love !
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
Now it's my turn : just received Candy's neat little package. it's especially nice because i'm at home sick in my bed (with something called "sinusitis"). everything arrived in a perfect condition - nothing was melted, despite the tropical temperatures we have here in Vienna these days (it was only possible because Candy packed every single piece so nice & carefully!). i'm already amazed with the hand cream, which i of course put on immedietely. and looking forward to my bath melt - right the first feverless day will take a bath (also many thanks for the candle...).
Those products are made with love !

Crying or Very sad So sorry you're not well. I get sinusitis at least once a year and it's the pits. But - very glad the package arrived safe & sound and apparently to help lift your spirits a bit.

Hmmm, had I known you were ill I'd have made you a eucalyptus/menthol melt instead!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Candy, dear Candy,
we're so glad having you here.
(hmmm, with my next order i have to take something with monkey fart . . .)
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
Candy, dear Candy,
we're so glad having you here.
(hmmm, with my next order i have to take something with monkey fart . . .)

LOL - if it pleases the sick lady...then Monkey Farts it shall be..... Laughing

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |