Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Dove Energy Glow Skin Brightening face wash
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
My mom recently bought this for herself, so I thought I'd give it a try, as I can't help myself when a new beauty product is at my disposal, and, wow--it was bad! And I usually really like Dove!

It was very drying, even though it says it's moisturizing and for "mature" skin. I think it would be even worse on ageing skin than it was on mine. In fact, it was so drying, my face still felt tight after my normal regimen in the morning after using it in the evening. It also seemed to leave residue on my face.

I usually view Dove as a good line in that it's not expensive but still delivers a pretty good product. I also like their whole Campaign for Real Beauty thing.

But thumbs down for this particular product.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 2:41 am      Reply with quote
I have always thought Dove to be quite drying, I remember using the soap and that made my skin feel very taut. It's a shame because I love the Dove scent!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Huh.. here in Australia we have only just gotten Dove's enery glow brightening moisturiser, nightcream and eyecream ( really quite liked the eyecream) ... is there a toner in the same range over there? I like the normal Essential's blue one.... and though you have found it drying.. would probably give that wash a go if it comes down here as I am a lot oilier Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 5:37 am      Reply with quote
You know, to me this stuff sounds like a marketing scam. Like they're trying to go along with the whole gradual tan, glow trend by making a face wash to stick in their line! C'mon! I haven't even tried it and probably won't due to the fact that the marketing alone p*sses me off! That and the fact that I heard the gradual tan of the same name smells really bad.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi PhoebesMeow, Isnt it only the body lotion in 2 colour depths ( their version of Johnson's Holiday skin that they released when they saw how popular Holiday skin was!) that has the dihydroxyacetone in it ( like ALL fake tans...hence the eventual tell tale odour at some point after application)? Confused The Energy Glow brightening (face) range doesnt have any tanning powers whatsoever ...it's just plain skincare...like their Essentials range but supposedly "brightening" ( maybe a smidge of mica eh?) as it cares for your face and is probably "essentially" the same but repackaged!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Exactly, I figured it didn't have any tanning powers to it (as you wash it off immediately), I just think its stupid they stick it in the line with the gradual tanners, you know? Like just another way to pump out yet another face wash. And I definitely don't want mica on my face from a wash! I get shiny enough as it is in the summer! So many good products come out, but even more stupid ones!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
There's no mica in it, it just boasts "exfoliating beads" that will even out your skin tone thus making it brighter, I suppose, though I'm not sure it really would. I told my mom not to use it, and she did admit that it was making her face "feel weird."

you have to admit, though, that Dove is not the only brand trying to cash in on gradual tan products. I've seen so many different ones, high end, middle shelf, and drugstore.

I think Dove is moving in the right direction with their marketing. I'm sick of flipping through magazines of waif after waif looking tired or bored, and yet incredibly tan and gorgeous. Dove is doing something different, with their no frills, real women approach.
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I hate Dove! Booo Dove! You get what you pay for.. but if you want a good, cheap self tanner, go for Jergens Natural Glow.. I swear I made a thread about it last year, I'll have to resurrect it Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |