Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

questions about ingredients in cosmedicine healthy cleanse
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
taintdlov
5% products discount

Mon May 22, 2006 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I bought Cosmedicine's "Healthy Cleanse" cleanser/toner in the "to go" size - for only $10. It is a small bottle, but $10 isn't going to break my bank.
I've used it, and I like it. My face felt clean after using it, but not dry or tight. It was very refreshing. There was no offensive odor to it.

The ingredients are listed as follows: Water/Eau, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cyclomethicone, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben.

So basically it's what - water (cheap), sodium sulfate (cheap - what is "trideceth?"), witch hazel (cheap), and parabens (also cheap)?

Is this product really worth it? And what is the deal with parabens? Are they as bad as so many people say they are (I've always stayed away from them, option for primarily organic skincare)? Why do some brands boast that their products don't contain parabens if they are not that bad?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! Well, too be honest with you, based on the ingredient list alone, it sounds like that cleanser is just too expensive for what it delivers. (Not to mention that I shudder at the thought of putting half of those things on my face!) As for parabens, that's kind of a sticky issue. I'm pretty sure that nothing has been proved conclusively, but there have been studies that link parabens to cancer, etc, so some people prefer to hedge their bets and stay away from them. Me personally, I avoid them wherever possible, but if I really love a product I won't stop using it because it contains parabens. HTH!

5% products discount

Mon May 22, 2006 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Not to mention that I shudder at the thought of putting half of those things on my face!

That's what I was thinking! But the Cosmedicine line is supposed to be such a breakthrough in skincare and cosmetics. I just don't know how it can do what it promises with the sort of ingredients that are in it. And even if it does do some of what it promises - at what cost? So my pores are tighter, but does that mean my skin is healthier? The only thing I can put together to make sense is that it does clean and tone, and then washes off completely.. and it's up to the rest of their products to make your skin healthy. I'm not interested in paying $85 for their serum (tho I've heard good things on MUA) so I don't think I'll be purchasing the full size.

I looked up most of the ingredients in EWG - and everything is a low concern. I don't know what to think.

5% products discount

Mon May 22, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
You can find some info regarding the use of parabens in skincare in Aubrey Organics website. Just type paraben in the search engine and there'll loads of info availble. hth.

5% products discount

Tue May 23, 2006 9:32 am      Reply with quote
So personally, I've made my decision. While these prodcuts may not be harmful to everyone, they should still be avoided. Why do cosmetic companies use such terrible ingredients? Even high end companies? Why not just use what works and is good for us? Sigh. Two thumbs down for the Cosmedicine line. What a shame.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |